z

Young Writers Society

Something, I don't know.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:27 pm
kater_314 says...

"Well...it would seem the pleasure's mine." Zilliah said sarcastically. She was sick of her mother's cheerfull additude and meant to crush it.

The man called Adrian smiled slightly. Zillah was sick of him too. If given the oppertunity she would harm him. But for now she would mind her manners. She needed to figure out where the girl was and why her parents were helping her. Maybe the girl was a child of mother's and this Adrian fellow. I feel sorry for her already.

Zilliah formed a stiff smile, she was becoming bored already which wasn't good for her. She began to squirm. She needed action or she would go completely mad.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." - Mark Twain

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:00 pm
Alice says...

Noticing the squirming and the need for action Ishtar got an idea.

"You seem jittery, care to race?"

"Mum you know I can beat you."

"Aye, you can easily beat me, but can you beat Adrian? After we run we can talk, about why we're here in the first place." Ishtars cheery demonor faded as she spoke.
I just lost the game.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:11 pm
kater_314 says...

Zilliah mulled over the idea carefully. This Adrian fellow must be quick if mother offered him as a challenge. Zilliah didn't see a problem with the idea and rather needed something to occupy her energy.

"I accept the challenge." Zilliah said.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." - Mark Twain

270 Reviews

Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:52 am
Alice says...

Oy to the vey, i'm losing my internet soon guys so i won't be able to post a lot, just don't forget about me, and i'll post whenever I can.
I just lost the game.

69 Reviews

Reviews: 69
Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:39 pm
Tamora says...

Keira sat down at the table and placed the picture back on it, she wondered why he kept it, surely he reminded himself of the past that can never return when he saw it, so why cause himself the pain?

"Keira?"

She brought herself out of her reverie at the sound of his voice and gave a little smile.

"Yeah?"

He smiled back, "Can you shuffle? I've never been very good."

she took the cards from his hands and began to shuffle them, mulling over their situation in her head.Here I am, playing poker with a werewolf, while the others go looking for the one that is trying to hurt me. She stopped and started dealing while she shook the thoughts from her mind. They're right, and you know it.

But that doesn't mean that you can't be annoyed.

Yes, but they have your best interests at heart, you don't even remember what happened.

That doesn't mean anything.

It does

No, it doesn't

It does!

no, it doesn't!

"Keira?"

She shook herself, her hand was still, poised halfway through dealing her hand. She sighed and continued until they each had 5 cards. Better to just live and let live. She settled down for a good game of poker.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:36 am
Nutty says...

Eryc glanced at his cards. Great. Just great. expressionless, he devided the sugar lumps in half and passed keira's share to her. Pushing in a pile of sugar lumps, he glanced at Keira.
"You look worried. What's the matter? Bad hand?" He grinned.
"Oh? My hand's fine. In fact, I'll raise you five sugarlumps."
"Then what's the matter?" Good thing I've always been good at bluffing. But is she?
"Oh, it's nothing."
"You can tell me." Eryc grinned disarmingly.
"Oh it's just... it seems others are fighting my battles for me."
Eryc nodded. "Well, look at it like this. If they muck up, the hybrids are going to be finding this cave rather quickly. You may be fighting in a battle yet."
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

69 Reviews

Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:00 am
Tamora says...

"You're really positive aren't you?"

Eryc grinned, "It's always been a fault of mine."

She smied and looked again at her hand, now what. Her hand was bad but she knew better then to fold when he could be bluffing as well.

"Ready to show?"

"Sure."

He lowered his hand. She winced.

"Two pair, by the look of your face I don't think you have better."

She slowly lowered her hand as she said, "I'm no expert but I believe that this hand is known as..." She put her hand down on the table, "A full house?"
It is an established fact that, despite everything society can do, girls of seven are magnetically attracted to the colour pink.
- Terry Pratchett, "Monstrous Regiment"

270 Reviews

Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:35 am
Alice says...

"Ready," Ishtar said, "set, go!"

At that point Ishtar, Adrian and Zilliah took off. There wasn't a set place to stop, whoever stopped last was the winner.

They must've ran for a mile before all of them stopped simultaniously.
I just lost the game.

270 Reviews

Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:50 am
Alice says...

"Wow, you picked a winner this time, mother."

Adrian's arm stole around her, "yes, she did."

"Now," Ishtar said, "what do you want with that girl?"

Ziliah shrugged slightly, "she smelled good, still smells good, and she smells too much like pure power."
I just lost the game.

270 Reviews

Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:36 am
Alice says...

((Okay it died! But I like this one!!!! Save it!!!))
I just lost the game.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:27 am
Nutty says...

She's better at this then I had anticipated...
Eyrc tossed in another handful of sugar cubes. "You up for it?"
"Always." Keira raised him another handful of sugar.
"So, is there anything you remember?"
Hmmm... raise or fold?
"No. Nothing."
"Ah, well I'm sure you will remember soon."
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

69 Reviews

Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:25 pm
Tamora says...

Keira popped a sugar cube into her mouth, sucking slowly as she thought. Her mind was blank before the forest, but that didn't stop her form wanting to know the truth. But still, it scared her that something had happened that meant she had been chased.

Looking at her very poor hand she laid a card on the table and picked one off the deck as her thoughts wandered. It eventually came to the others, out there, fighting the ones that were trying to kill her, and as her mind focused on them an image formed behind her eyes, of a forest. The vampire's were there, the changeling...and a girl. Her physique was similar to Eryc's and as she gazed on the scene the similarity to Ishtar became obvious as well. She frowned and then comprehension appeared on her face as she realised who they were talking to.

Eryc's daughter was alive...

She glanced at Eryc and her shocked face caused a frown to appear on his.

"What's wrong Keira?"
"I...I..." she didn't know what to say, "I had a...a vision."
"What?"
"I saw Ishtar, and the others...and," she looked wonderingly at him, "your daughter."

My tongue must tell the anger of my heart, or else my heart, concealing it, will break...
— Katherine, The Taming of the Shrew