z

Young Writers Society

Centurion

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Mon May 07, 2007 1:25 am
blackwings_angel says...

A crack of thunder sounded from the heavens. Zeus was sending them into battle. Rolan was too eager, and was reayd to slaughter in the name of the gods. He stood up, and waved his legion into battle. With schimatrs drawn, Rolan charged in with his regimen tin a full stampede. One of the roman men yelled out an anguished cry. "The Gods Helpers are here!" He was almost immediatly shot down by a hitaite man. This was going to be a glorious battle. Rolan charged off the steps of the town center in a full gallop, crushing two hitatie men under his hooves. Schimtars drawn and gleaming Rolan slached at the hitate men around him, full gallop ofr the gate. His men followed him in a "V" formation, slaughtering down the hitate. A pained whinny sounded from the rear, Artemis, one of Rolan's lower ranked centaur had been slashed in on of his hind, legs crumpling into a pile. He swung in vain with his short sword at the approaching hitate's waiting for the gods to take him. They were better than Rolan had expected them to be. The centaur's had made it to the gate, dividing into two groups at the left and the right and tried to slow the flow of incoming hitate men without dying. A loud roar sounded in the crowd. The enemy had brought a war troll. Rolan felt one of his stomaches tighten. No army would bring just on war troll- another loud roar sounded outside the gate, answered by two more. Four war trolls could destroy a whole city! Rolan letting out a loud yell, rearing up onto his hind legs and galloped into the crowd his schimtars moving like the wind and teh water. With grace he slashed off many hitate heads, and made clean cuts through hitate chests. Hopefully the romans and spartans together could stop four war trolls. Otherwise, it was hopeless. Rolan knew his regiment was a gift from the god's but soon they might be a dead gift. "Four war trolls." If Rolan's chances of staying on Mount olympus weren't in danger he would of sworn openly. "Zeus help us."
Glory is like a circle in the water, Which never ceaseth to enlarge itself, Till by broad spreading it disperses to naught. -William Shakespeare

join my Storybook, now would be a great time for a new character to come in. :wink:

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Mon May 07, 2007 4:25 pm
Araidne says...

Eilan hurried to the battlements with her bow and magicked arrows. These arrows would kill anything they touched. Where are they? she thought. A report had been given to her saying that there were four war trolls. Suddenly, she heard screaming. She whirled around. A girl was being half draged by two roman soldiers. "You there", Eilan bellowed," why are you taking that girl away?" "Orders, my lady," said one," This little amazon was sniping her arrows at our men." Eilan looked at the girl. " are you really an amazon? she asked skepticaly. "Yes.' was the reply. " Then your bow will be welcomed here. Come, help me kill the war trolls." "But my lady, our orders were to lock her away." " Sergent, I do believe that as a Channeler, I outrank whoever gave you those orders. Now, if you would like to keep an eye on the girl, you can by covering the rear. Any questions?" the Romans shook their head. " Good. Now girl I belive in the use of names. Mine is Eilan. You are?" "Aella. she muttered. Suddenly Aella looked out and sceamed. "Eilan look out!!"
Out flew the web, and floated wide,
The mirror cracked from side to side.
'The curse has come upon me' cried
The Lady of Shalott

124 Reviews

Reviews: 124
Mon May 07, 2007 9:41 pm
Saphira says...

Aella broke free from the men holding her and dived forward knocking the channeler Eilan to the ground. Just a few metres away stood a gigantic war troll. She jumped to her feet and turmed to face the men.
'Take these off now' she snapped holding out her hands that were still bound together. One of the men reached forward and unbound her hands.
She reached into her quaver and drew an arrow.
'Wait' warned Eilan, 'We need to plan this carefully'. Aella glanced at the troll and saw it advancing on the group, covering ground between them with frightening speed.
Bow posed and ready, she turned to regard the channeler.
'Well what are we to do?'
Eilan looked thoughtful and suprisingly calm.
'A plan would be good right about now!' Aella almost screamed as the group backed away from the advancing troll.
Eilan turned and stared deep into Aella's eyes. 'Do you trust me?'
Aella was shocked. 'Do you really think this is the time?' she replied.
'I need to know' Eilan said with some urgency.
'Yes' Aella said looking back at Eilan.
'Then this is what we are going to do'
Come to the dark side. We have cookies!

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Wed May 09, 2007 3:17 am
blackwings_angel says...

Rolan was having a hard time locating all four trolls. So far he had seen one matched against a channeler and a few men, one had been met by the two famous men Zeuz told him about, Kaldore, and Valens, but the others, the others had not yet seemed to have entered the fught. AS if on qeue a huge chunk of concrete, stone, and mortor came flying at rolan, and many men, Rolan picked a couple up ans he ran out of the way. In place of the wall was a war troll, nostrils flared, red eyes burning for blood. Within an instant he had his schimatars drawn, slowly walking towards the trolls left side. It was holding a spiked mace in his right and he knew that if he could take out his legs, preferably starting with the left, the troll would be useless. A tall bald, ferious man leapt into from the walls, and stood lined up with the Rolan on the trolls right side.
"I am Rolan."
"Domitus"
"Let us die a noble death, or smite that before us."
Domitus spat on the ground. "I prefer the second option."

Rolan charged in full gallop at the troll, and made a mighty slash in his leg. It was deep, but had not entirely cut the muscle yet. Roaln ran behind the troll, passing domitus who had done the same to the right leg. The troll turned around bewildered and smashed visciously at Rolan. Rolan immediatly leaped, his rear legs hardly escaping the heavy steel head, and slashed a new gash into the trolls right leg. Domitus had not yet reached the trolls leg, and now the trolls full attention was on Rolan. The troll turned towards him, making a painfully fast blow towards Rolan's front legs. He stepped back, the Mace knocking him off his balance. He lay on his side, struggling to get up and keep his sowrd pointed at the troll. The troll lifted the mace high above his head, ready to smash down at any given second. "A little help would be nice." As if planned, a long sword pierced through the trolls arm, making him drop the mace. He let out a cry in pain and spun around towards Domitus. Rolan stood up, and charged at him, Leaping in the air, burying his schimtar into and through the beasts stomache.
"You fight well." Rolan complimented Domitus as they slashe dat nearby hitites men watching the troll fall.
"As do you."
Glory is like a circle in the water, Which never ceaseth to enlarge itself, Till by broad spreading it disperses to naught. -William Shakespeare

join my Storybook, now would be a great time for a new character to come in. :wink:

53 Reviews

Wed May 09, 2007 2:39 pm
Araidne says...

"Are you sure this will work?" Aella asked. Eilan looked her in the eye." No," she said," But I'm willing to risk my life for Troy!" Eilan thought to herself as she looked at Aella, She's hurting. I can see it in her eyes. Placing that thought away to comtemplate later, Eilan drew out her ceremonial dagger. "Please, don't let this fail" she whispered. She raised the dagger skyward, and then brought it down, slashing her wrist. A gasp escaped the Romans, who could not believe what they had seen. Looking at the ruby drops on the blade, Eilan chanted a spell. Then she hurled the blade at the troll. It struck the troll in the neck. Howling, it writhed in pain, calling its fellow to it before it died. " There's going to be hell to pay." muttered Aella. Eilan nodded weakly. " Now,' she rasped, "Give me your blade, and I will magick your arrows." " your going to do this again?!!!," gasped Aella," but you've already lost so much blood!" "Don't argue! You said you trusted me!", Eilan snaped, " Hurry, the other trolls will come to help their brother soon." and sure enough, they could hear the faint war yells of the trolls, looming closer by the second.
The Lady of Shalott

124 Reviews

Wed May 09, 2007 6:55 pm
Saphira says...

'Well what do we do now?' Aella asked. She was shaking all over from what she had just seen. Aella had known that Eilan was a channeler but she hadn't realised just how strong she was. She was also concerned that Eilan would use to much of her strengh in this battle.
'We wait' replied Eilan still applying blood to Aella's arrows and saying the spell that would make them kill anything that she hit.
'You there' Eilan called to a nearby Roman, 'How many trolls have been killed?'
The soldier glanced around at the dead troll. 'Three my Lady. One by Rolan the centaur and Domitus, one by the Kaldore and Valens and one by you. That means that there is one left’
At the mention of Domitus and Valens, Aella turned pale. Eilan looked at her closely but Aella averted her eyes, keeping them looking down. Eilan turned to the Romans.
‘Go find each of these men and get them here now. The Last troll will come here where his brother fell and we will need all the help that we can get’.
One of the guards turned to look at Aella.
‘But we were ordered to keep watch over the Amazon’
‘I will keep watch over Aella while you go and find those I have told you to find. Is that understood?’
‘Yes my Lady’ they all replied and with that they ran out into the city.
‘Thank you’ Aella muttered.
‘For what?’ Eilan asked.
Aella laughed. ‘For getting me away from the guards’.
‘We need to talk about that. What were you doing shooting arrows at our men?’
Aella smiled and shrugged her shoulders. ‘I kept missing’.
‘You’re an Amazon, they don’t miss’
‘We do’ Aella replied looking up at Eilan, ‘when we want to’. She was surprised to see that a look of concern on Eilan’s face. She looked like she was going to say something when a roar sounded somewhere near them.
Eilan picked up her dagger and handed Aella her arrows. Aella immediately drew one and strung her bow ready to fire.
Eilan sighed and turned to Aella.
‘Here we go; I just hope the others get here in time’

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Wed May 09, 2007 7:51 pm
Shadowsun says...

Domitus and Rolan, were surrounded by Hittites. Whenever one came close, he was immediately, killed by either a scimiter slash or a sword thrust. Although it wasn't long until, the Hittites near them were killed by Tiberius and five men of Alpha company. "What are you doing!" Domitus shrieked. "You're meant to be watching the girl!"

Tiberius mumbled something and looked very uncomfortable being there.

"What was that!"

"The channeler sent us to get you and Rolan."

"And you just let the girl go?!"

"Not exactly." Tiberius tld him. "We were ordered to let her go before then."

"So you just happened to think that was all right?!"

"Um... The channeler wants you..."

"Very well then. Lead the way." Domitus was extrordinarily calm for some reason.

They set off through the battlefield, hacking their way through enemy men . When they arrived, Virtuvious was there with Valens and Kaldore. "What is the meaning of this channeler?!" Domitus roared.
Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Then who cares? You're a mile away and you've got their shoes.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon May 21, 2007 10:15 pm
Kyuubi says...

Valens stood heard a war horn and then a massive growl.
"I'd like to hurry this up please. We have a really mad troll walking towards this building and I'd also like to get off before it reaches us." Valens said as he looked over the edge. So far the combined might off the Greeks, Romans, and the Trojans was pushing the Hittites back through the gate. The Hittites then retreated but they planned to leave the troll in the city.
"Awww. Is the little Spartan scared?" Domitus asked in a mocking tone.
"You didn't seem to think of us being scared when we destroyed Rome in the last war, now did you?" Valens asked back. Domitus quickly quieted down. Valens thought that that subject was a sore one for Domitus.

124 Reviews

Wed May 23, 2007 11:12 am
Saphira says...

Aella stood beside Eilan looking at the men before her. Two of them she had never seen before but they seemed unperturbed by the advancing troll. Two she recognised without even having to think. Both she was going to try and assassinate. Both she now had to work with. Domitus had been quiet for awhile after Valens had made a Jab at the Roman army but now he turned to face her.
'So, amazon, why were you shooting arrows at our army?'
Valens turned round, suddenly interested in the conversation.
Aella looked at Eilan with a pleading look in her eyes.
'I have asked her the same question and we will descuss it after this battle is over. Untill then Aella under my protection.' replied Eilan.
Domitus shrugged and turned back to the retreating army. Valens stayed looking at Aella and only looked away when a strangled cry rose from the streets below.
He lifted his mighty sword and turned to the others.
'Here we go!'

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Thu May 24, 2007 9:52 am
Shadowsun says...

They charged towards the Troll, each bellowing their own battle cry. All except Domitus who stayed quiet.

Remembering that fatefull day in Rome. That day when he had failed his duty. Failed to protect the Emperor. He had dishonoured himself. He had fled. Leaving the Emperor to be torn apart by the Spartans.

The XIVth had been stationed in Rome because they were the best. They had swept through the world, taking and conquering in the name of the Emperor. They had been taken back to Rome, when Sparta had broke the alliance and took its armys to Rome. The XIVth had fought. Fought well. But the masses of the Spartan army had overwhelmed them and they had been forced to give ground. They were killed one by one. Each man killing twelve Spartans before he died.

THe XIVth had been torn apart. Domitus had fled. Fled with twenty others rather than be killed.
Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Then who cares? You're a mile away and you've got their shoes.

43 Reviews

Thu May 24, 2007 7:54 pm
Kyuubi says...

Valens ran towards the troll with his swords in their sheaths. He didn't want to have them get in the way. The troll brought his fist down and Valens rolled out of the way, quickly got back up, and tried to get around the troll. As he started to get behind it, the troll smacked Valens into the wall, rendering him unconsious. Just as the troll was to make it's final blow, Eilan with Aella, used their abilities together. Eilan used her magic to multiply the number of arrows that Aella fired. Aella shot off the notched arrow and it multiplied into four. the arrows hit the troll in the back and swayed its attention from Valens to them.

124 Reviews

Sat May 26, 2007 7:21 pm
Saphira says...

Aella carried on shooting arrows as she made her way round towards Valens. The warrior had been knocked out when he had hit the wall. Even though Eilan had bewitched her arrows the spell alone was not strong enough to kill the troll. As she reached Valens, Domitus stuck his sword into the trolls leg, making it cry out in pain. Aella reached down and began to shake Valens. Nothing.
She pulled her arm back and slapped Valens hard across the face with as much strength as she could muster. He looked up and turned his eyes on her.
'Thanks' he muttered.
Lending him a hand she pulled him to his feet. 'Don't mention it'
A scream sounded behind her. Aella spun round to see the troll advancing on the channeler.
'Eilan!' Aella nocked another arrow and started to shot them at the troll, running forward. Valens also ran forward and dived at the troll. Eilan dropped to the ground just as Aella reached her.
'Eilan...Eilan, can you hear me? She stayed still, her face pale.
With a yell Aella jumped to her feet and started shooting more arrows at the troll. Valens, Domitus and Aella carried on their brutal attack against the troll. Aella just hoped it would end so she could save Eilan.
Last edited by Saphira on Tue May 29, 2007 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

53 Reviews

Sun May 27, 2007 10:26 pm
Araidne says...

Sorry I haven't written for a while. I won't be able to post anything until I can get to a faster computer, so I have one request. DO NOT KILL OFF EILAN!!! Thanks, and I hope I can get to a fast computer soon. :)
The Lady of Shalott

43 Reviews

Mon May 28, 2007 12:53 pm
Kyuubi says...

We won't kill her off so don't worry.

53 Reviews

Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:32 pm
Araidne says...

I'm back!!!! I have to wait until i get a different internet cable until I can start writing a gain. :D
The Lady of Shalott

Well, if I can't get this chapter to work....at least I will have exercised my fingers.
— Kaia