z

Young Writers Society

finding I can fly

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:21 am
spokenfor09 says...

Don woke up. Normally this isn't a very uncommon thing to do for Don but this morning was strange because he was floating about 6 inches above his bed. Upon realizing this he promptly feel to the bed then bounced off of the bed and landed firmly upon the ground. Alright Don thought Lets have a go at not falling on the floor tomorrow morning. Getting up and dusting himself of Don preceded to do what every normal person does in the morning. He brushed his teeth, commed his hair, took a shower, dressed in his 500$ suit and drove off to work in his rather expensive Aston Marten.
Driving such an expensive car though the streets of L.A. was not necessarily a dangerous thing to do but recently.. things.. had been happening. Like waking up 6 inches off his bed, or some of the mail he had gotten recently was a dressed to a "Sky Lord", or that a very tall and thin man had taken to standing across the street of his penthouse in uptown L.A. Well non of that mattered now. He was safe in his car heading toward his very cushy job at A.I.R. Airplane, Inspection, and Regulations. It was a good job. Don loved his job. He got to fly all over the nation to inspect planes and tell them what was wrong with it. With all the laws after 9/11 the restrictions on planes and their designs are very strict and he always loved telling men who had put millions of dollars into something that they had to do more work.
When Don got to work he was annoyed to find that someone had parked on his space. Finding another one he got into the building but was stopped by security when he was not allowed to get to his office."What in hell is going on!" that was unlike him. Usually he was very controlled with his anger. "I'm sorry Mr. Casser you sent in your letter of resignation 3 weeks ago."
"What!! I did no such thing!"
"Well my records show that you said that you would be leaving the company to retire."
"I'm 36 why would i want to retire!"
"I'm sorry sir this is just the information I have."
I love Eryn Marie and there isent a thing you can do to stop me!!!!!

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:34 am
frenchpastry says...

So, what exactly is the plot for this story? And are there any characters we can choose from, or do we just all join in and make up our own? What kind of world is this?
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." ^_^

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:38 am
spokenfor09 says...

generaly just take it and go. Its moddern world and you can make up caricters ( Just know that Don eventualy learns to fly and the tall guy makes a big diffence but well get to that later)
I love Eryn Marie and there isent a thing you can do to stop me!!!!!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:57 am
Snoink says...

Don was disturbed. He loved his cushy job.. it was all he had. So, because he now lost it, he would kill himself.

"My life is a story not worth continuing, he said, about to throw himself off a building, which he did. But he started floating. "Dammit!" he said. "Why do I have to float when I want to die? What do I look like? Root beer? See? Root beer? Get it? LOL! Okay, it was a bad joke, but I want to die. Why do I have to float like a hippo on a hippo?"

Then someone flew by. It was the tall guy. "Hey, you learned too. That's cool."

Don said, "Do you have a gun?"

The tall guy said, "I want to make a big difference in your life."

Don said, "Can you kill me?"

The tall guy said, "That would stop the story and be bad."

Don said, "Dammit, I suppose we have to continue my despicable existence."

The tall guy said, "Yep. Now, for a horrible cliffhanger we have to put on so somebody can continue this lame story."

There was a pig. And he was flying airplane. He came towards, his guns lowered, and shot two missles...
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:13 pm
Poltergiest says...

The man flying the airplane shot two sleek missiles at the two flying men. They missed horribly and he crashed into a nearby building. He quickly jumped out of the cockpit and released his parachute. He cursed loudly as he fell to the ground.

~Pol~
I used to rule the world, see it rise when I gave the word, now in the morning I sleep alone, sweep the streets I used to own

-Coldplay, Viva La Viva

Oh, Brightlord Tumul! How unexpected it is to see you standing there! I didn't mean to insult your stupidity. Really, it's quite spectacular and worthy of much praise.
— Wit (Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings)