z

Young Writers Society

The Sea Empress

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:01 am
MadHatter says...

This story is pretty much a tale of pirates in the area of China, Japan, and that area in around the mid 1600's. The Sea Empress is a legendary ship (120 gunned, 4 masted fighting machine) that was lost at sea and can't be found. The British want to find it so they can use it as a war machine in their navy, and just about every pirate in the area want's it to be there ship. In this storybook you can be on one of two ships:

The Cutlass: A Pirate ship captained by the notorius pirate, James "Bloodbeard" Samuels. This ship has a crew of 40 men. The ship has 2 masts and 36 guns.

The Excaliber: This British Navy ship has been on the trail of the Sea Empress for two weeks. The ship is captained by Admiral John Wetterwick. He knows that if he fails to find this ship he may be demoted. The ship has a crew of 45, 3 masts, and 40 guns.

RULES

~One character per person.
~Character have to be human's with no superhuman powers
~No God-modding (I reserve the right to kill off your character if you don't follow the rules.)
~If you die feel free to create another
~ONLY TWO CAPTAINS! You may claim John Wetterwick or James "Bloodbeard" Samuels but if they die, you may make the person that is promoted.

NAME: Louis Killicks
SHIP: The Cutlass
POSTION: Able-bodied sea man
WEAPONS: A cutlass, six pistols, and a dagger
BIO: Sold into slavery at the age of 10, he knows no other life than this. He wishes to get back to England to return to his famiy but enjoys the action of the sea He has a slight limp making him more useful for manning the cannons.

Louis laid in his hammock staring at the ceiling. Yes he enjoyed the sea, but the action came rare. Maybe he would run away and escape back to england. Back to his small farmhouse, no where near the sea. He lounged around awhile longer when he suddenly heard a yell.
"SHIP SPOTTED OF THE STARBOARD SIDE! SHE'S FLYIN' THE UNION JACK!" Aye...The Excaliber...finally they had caught up with her. On second thought..maybe he wouldn't run away.
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:40 am
piepiemann22 says...

I'll join.

Name-Collen Daniels

Age-25

Looks-dark brown hair, british naval uniform, cross shaped necklace(Is cathlioc) medium build, blue eyes.

Weapons- a saber(A military sword) musket rifle(They were more accurate, but expensive) Small knife in his shoe.

Bio-Was born a holy man and went forward as a priest. He turned to the navy when his port town in England was burned by pirates and he lost his perants and younger brother.

Ship-Excaliber

Position-first mate
I will always fight back, no matter what.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:50 am
frenchpastry says...

Name: Amanda Brooks
Ship: The Excaliber
Position: Stowaway
Bio: When prosecuted for theivery, Amanda makes a last minute decision and stows away upon The Excaliber to escape her sentence.

Amanda awakened suddenly, nausea bubbling in her stomach as the waves crashed under the ship. Above her, on deck, she could hear a man cry "Incoming" and the sound of the now frantic crew running from one side of the ship to the other.

She ducked her head, trying to hide her form as much as possible behind two barrels.

The door opened.
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." ^_^

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:55 am
MadHatter says...

"Run out the guns boys! We're sending these Brit's to the depths!" Captain Bloodbeard yelled. Louis smiled as he loaded the his cannon. This was why he loved being a sailor. Sure it's tough, but just firing that cannon and blasting people to hell was what he lived for. The Excalibur was much slower than them and weaker after two weeks at sea. This would be easy.

The Cutlass was in range of firing now but Bloodbeard knew what he was doing. He was going to make them panic. they would be drenched in fear when he killed them. They would suffer. "FIRE!!" He yelled at the top of his lungs. The cannons went off, ripping through the stern of the ship. "It'll be blood today boys!"
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:22 am
Maybe says...

*Sounds fun! I shall join.*

Name: Sam Jallok (Samantha is her real name.)
Gender: Female (Is disguised as a male so she is not thrown off)
Ship: The Cutlass
Position: Crows nest
Weapons: Two pistols, a musketoon, a small sword, and two daggers.
Personality: Keeps to herself mostly so she doesn't draw attention to herself, less her secret should be revealed.
History: When the British navy killed her late husband after they were caught stealing weapons from the local blacksmiths in the town they had lived in, Sam had joined the cutlass and was out to get revenge. She had only escaped with her life when the navy had been after her. She had taken up position of crows nest so she could be away from the action on the ship and would not be recognized as a woman. She was not one to run from a fight, unless of course the odds were no where near her favor.

Sam clutched the railings of the small basket as it swayed from cannon fire. She watched the speeding black balls crash into the navy ship as shrapnel flew everywhere. She whooped in triumph.

"Fire!" captain Bloodbeard shouted above the din of gunshots and blasts of cannons from the other ship. The crows nest swayed again and all but two of the cannonballs hit their mark. The crew began to cheer, seeing they were winning. Sam whooped again.

The navy ship was alive with action. Sam, from her vantage point, could see the blue coated sailors scrambling to either the cannons or to shoot back with pistols and crossbows. Sam drew her musketoon and fired a couple of shots, hitting two of the sailors. The navy ship was almost right next to them now, firing cannons and shooting pistols and rifles at the crew. The Cutlass fired one final round of cannons before the two ships passed.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:39 am
Rydia says...

Hmmm. I think it's time I took on another male character...

Name= John Taylor
Age= 26
Ship= The Cutlass
Hair= Short, black, always dishevelled.
Eyes= As blue as the sea. They say that the day he was born, his mother wept because she knew he could never truly be her son. She knew that he belonged to another; the sea.
Complexion= A medium tan.
Position= Pirate. Usually one of the first to board defeated ships and certainly amongst the first five to have his pistols out.
Weapons= Two pistols in his belt, a cutlass and a few daggers.
History= Very few know much about him and all the tales seem to contradict each other but John was the son of a trader and his wife. He and his older sister Rose often traversed the sea with their parents but one day, when he was seven, John fell over-board in a storm. Some pirates thought they'd amuse themselves with bringing the lad up and he impressed them with his skill at fighting and his roguish charms.
Personality= A loveable rogue. John dislikes following rules but he is charming and witty.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

185 Reviews

Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:13 pm
piepiemann22 says...

Um, is this thing dead before it even started.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:03 pm
TNCowgirl says...

And why do you say that, I think it is a good idea

NAME: Senna Cutter
SHIP: The Cutlass
POSTION: Stowaway
WEAPONS: A dagger, and several different knives
BIO: Ran away from her abusive father, found the ship and got on it.

Senna heard the men running around above her. She was curled up in the corner below deck. She sighed and rocked back on her heels. Yet another day and she hadn't been caught.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

185 Reviews

Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:31 pm
piepiemann22 says...

I say this because no one has posted.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:11 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Maybe that ca be changed then.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

185 Reviews

Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:33 pm
piepiemann22 says...

maybe, let's see if we can reach them.

185 Reviews

Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:24 am
piepiemann22 says...

Is this thing truly Dead now!? Where is everyone!? Come on guys, don't let it die out! We need to bring it back!

If food is poetry, is not poetry also food?
— Joyce Carol Oates