z

Young Writers Society

So Much For Prada

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Tue May 22, 2007 4:38 am
darchoco says...

*random note, you do know that 1300 hours is at 1 pm rite?*

"Mike griffion?" Mike looked up from his computer. A sharply dressed man in a black suit an sunglasses handed him a manilla envelope. "You have been chosen for a special team. You will recieve a call at 1300 hours."

Mike began to pick at the envelope. "What for?"

No reply.
if you were to die today, would you be able to tell yourself that you did everything you wanted and everything you could?
life is a puzzle. want to put it together with me?

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Tue May 22, 2007 2:56 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

((I think I meant 1900, sorry.))
Llama 1:"Shh! Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness."
Llama 2:"That's the sound of people drowning, Carl!"
Llama 1:"That is what forgiveness sounds like; screaming and then silence."

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Thu May 24, 2007 10:03 pm
Lilith says...

Mohon chuckled softly as he watched Siri's gesture of anger but he didn't stay to watch for much longer. Rather, he bounded down from the rooftop and opened the door to the library. He loved the smell of mothballs that reverberated around him at this older end.

He was about to pick up a thin paperback book when a sound from the other side of the room made him stop.

"Hello."

No answer.
Duffy -- "Watch out for Jesse, he wants what he can't have."
Emily -- "Oh boy, he can have me."
Duffy -- "Figures..."

28 Reviews

Mon May 28, 2007 1:18 am
EmiSukotto16 says...

Tori glanced at the clock. Three more hours.

God! The curiosity was going to kill her. Siri was still looking at the envelope.

"What does it say?"

"It says we're being assigned to a mission." She said flatly.

"Details, please?"

"We'll find out at 1900 hours."

Tori sighed.

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Mon May 28, 2007 1:44 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

"It sucks having a pessimist/cynicist roommate, you know?" remarked Tori.

Siri's hand reached into the bag of Doritos and selected a chip of its own will.

"Chill. No need to build the bridge before you confront the river." she said, munching on a chip.

"Some days you're as shallow as a guy!" snapped Tori.

"Calm yourself, child. Number one:" -she reached for a can of coke- "I'm not some big, sweaty, gorilla who can't tell the difference between a clip formation and a cup formation. Two:" she opened the can with a neat crack- "you won't get to sleep if you're like that, and you'll need your strength. Three:" - she sipped the coke- "my lemonade hasn't rebelled against itself, yet, has it?"

Tori thought about that for a bit before remembering Siri's earlier conversation.
ohmeohmy

28 Reviews

Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:14 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

The phone rang and Tori rushed after it, curiosity still gnawing at her insides.

"Abram." She said into the receiver.

"Newton's Hilltop. 0600 hours." A low voice said shortly. The line went dead and Tori set down the phone.

"I feel stupid and downhearted." She said laying on her bed.

"Why?"

"I feel downhearted because he didn't tell me the mission. I feel stupid because I should know that for important information, sending information is the easiest way to get it intercepted. Mail can be taken and phone lines can be tapped. We learned that as first years!"

"You slept most of the time, if I do recall correctly." Siri said as she took another sip of her drink.

Tori picked up her iPod. "It was a boring class. They wouldn't even let us near the armory." She said as she placed her earphones in her ears and turned the player on.

22 Reviews

Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:24 pm
darchoco says...

Mike set teh phone down bakc on the receiver. He laid back on the bed, his mind letting a swirl of possibilties enter. He chuckled at the though of who else would be joining the mission. He continued to let his mind wander eveen as he fell to sleep.

((WRITERS BLOCK!))
if you were to die today, would you be able to tell yourself that you did everything you wanted and everything you could?

28 Reviews

Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:35 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

((posts? please...))

22 Reviews

Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:06 am
darchoco says...

The alarm blared in Mike's ear. Letting out a light groan, he rolled to the sighed and glared at the blinking time.

"Five AM." He mumbled. He flung the soft blanket covering him. His hand gently sapped down on the alarm. He had an hour. Plenty of time.

He quickly threw his chosen attire of loose fitting jeans and one of his many collared shirts. He might as well be early, he clould always get breakfast later.

On the way out the door, his hand snatched his leather case holding his all sacred laptop and phone. He never went anywhere without it, and he especially won't be leaving it behind.

28 Reviews

Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:49 am
EmiSukotto16 says...

Tori didn't remeber falling asleep, and she figured Siri had taken her iPod and charged it, because she woke up to the sound of music coming from her alarm clock. 5:00, as usual, she always woke up early, hoping to get to the shower before Siri.

Siri was already up and bathing and Tori was glad she had taken one last night. She grabbed her favorite torn jeans and her black tank, before sliding on her favorite pair of black, knee-high combat boots.

She tucked her jeans into her boots and went to the bathroom. "Siri!" She said, knocking on the door. "I'm heading to the armory to grab my guns." The letter had told her she'd need them. She grabbed a pack of pop-tarts and a bottle of milk. Siri didn't like Tori's habit of drinking from the carton so they started buying packs of bottled milk.

The morning was cool and there wasn't but a small strip of light on the horizon. It was quiet, too. Not a sound, only her footsteps. She had quite a walk ahead of her, but she was sure she'd make it all the way across campus and back by the time Siri got ready.

Tori was half-way across one of the parking lots, when she saw someone coming across from the opposite side. Was it one of the others going on the mission?

22 Reviews

Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:14 pm
darchoco says...

Mike saw another out in the early lights. Another one of the recruited member for the mission, perhaps? Changed his direction, directing himself towards the possible partner.

Her face was instantly recognizable in his mind. The one called Tori. The friend of the girl who felt the urge to give him a good punch. Before he could debate whether or not he actually wanted to deal with her, He found his feet working against his mind and walking him towards her.

28 Reviews

Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:12 am
EmiSukotto16 says...

Tori saw the guy change direction and head toward her. He looked familiar, but where had she seen him? An image formed in her head, he was the guy Siri had punched. What did he want?

She waited as he approached, curious to find out why he was up so early and if he was going on the mission.

I'm tired of books having villains who are just villains for no reason.
— EllieMae