z

Young Writers Society

Time Turnes Backwards DT

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:20 pm
Hanorah says...

Oh wait I said hands?i meant watch!itll light up when the other ones who don't change are near
'Be yourself;everyone else is already taken' ~ Oscar Wilde

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:28 pm
therealme says...

But a watch isn't actually part of you, it's an object. How can the side effect of your genetics come from an object?

What if your character's side effect is something more like when you are touching a clock, or something similar to a clock, it all of a sudden becomes a compass that points to the nearest three people who also have the ability to not grow younger (the hour hand being the shortest distance away, the minute hand being the second shortest, and the second hand being the furthest of the three).

Would that work better?
"It is our Light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:45 pm
View Likes
artsy says...

Sebastian will probably have some simple. Like maybe she can't comprehend the time signature in music or whenever she listens to music on some sort of secondary electrical appliance, it starts skipping to different parts in the song?
"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes - you can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" - Dr. Seuss
~
Will Review For Food

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:55 pm
View Likes
StoneHeart says...

Okay, guys, just a thought here . . .

If we're going to be original and not SUPER weird then lets not use tattoo's and radiation.

Here's my idea. Random gene conversion. We are a group of random people form around the world who happen to completely randomly inherit the perfect set of genes to make us immune to timeturning. We find each other because we're the only people who look like we're going completely insane in insanity that we alone think we can see.

You see a random crazy person . . . you notice them. The way they act would show you.

>> An idea only of course. Don't expect my first post for a while. I'm really busy in life right now.
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:06 pm
View Likes
manisha says...

How about this side effect for my character, Kerry? Every time she thinks or mentions something related to time like for instance a date, month, year or the time, she experiences a strange feeling. She feels confused and lost for a moment.

I like therealme's compass idea.
If Novels are a bucket of imagination, Short story is a bucket of imagination made to fit a mug.

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:16 pm
View Likes
manisha says...

Why don't we use therealme's compass idea to find ourselves. The clocks and watches around us (after time turnes backward) start o point in one direction(all the clock hands) somehow we figure out it wants us to follow it. I'm assuming we are all in the same country, then we all end up meeting eachother. I know this sounds vague, but it might work with some brainstroming.
If Novels are a bucket of imagination, Short story is a bucket of imagination made to fit a mug.

303 Reviews

Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:17 pm
StoneHeart says...

That's not a bad idea . . . but there's more than one of us.

60 Reviews

Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:56 am
therealme says...

Yeah that is a good idea @manisha

Maybe all the characters should have the 'compass' side effect as well as their other side effect.
But some side effects for certain characters wouldn't work with that. For example, when Lexi is around clocks their clock hands start spinning like crazy and eventually stop at a certain time that something major is going to happen (though she never knows what that something is), so if the clocks also needs to work as a compass the clocks will die xD
Unless sometimes it's a compass and sometimes it's a time prediction? Which would be kinda stupid.

Oh, I have an idea! What if we only have our individual side effects while leading up to the big event (when time starts to go backwards) and then after the big event they get replaced by the compass thingy? And after we've all found each other our side effects once again go back to the individual ability and we don't have the compass thing anymore (unless one of the characters' individual side effect is in fact the compass thing, in that case it would stay the same).

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:19 am
View Likes
Sins says...

Just a quick note, I think we need to be careful not to overcomplicate things too much
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:17 pm
View Likes
artsy says...

It might be easier to go ahead and start us off in the same location. Or perhaps we're all going somewhere for a meeting, school function, etc. and that's around the time time starts turning back. I saythis because it might be a little simpler and easier to do.
"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes - you can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" - Dr. Seuss
~
Will Review For Food

303 Reviews

Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:53 pm
StoneHeart says...

Guys, Skins has a point, we're in a world we control. If we want our characters to meet up then it WILL happen. And we're humans, so it should make sense.

Boring post.

303 Reviews

Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:09 pm
StoneHeart says...

Nice post Demora.

60 Reviews

Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:24 am
View Likes
therealme says...

Yes that is true, and Skins definitely has a point, but we also want to make the characters' decisions seem believable.
I quite like artsy's idea that there is some sir of big event on. Maybe they're all going to some big winter solstice event (since the very day time turns backwards is on the winter solstice). That way we can all roughly be t the same place :)

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:40 am
View Likes
Sins says...

Sounds like a good idea to me, therealme, I'm up for that. :)
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

303 Reviews

Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:26 pm
StoneHeart says...

Me 2. Name the place.

If you steal property, you must report its fair market value...
— John Oliver