View Likes
Hanorah says...

Is my first post good enough?
'Be yourself;everyone else is already taken' ~ Oscar Wilde

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:16 pm
therealme says...

Yeah :) I think it's good that your character is doubtful to the whole 'world ending thing' - it makes it seem more believable.

Omg I can't wait until time starts going backwards! On the first day time begins to rewind it's going to be so fun seeing all the different characters' reactions. At first they'll be like 'What the hell is going on? Didn't this just happen yesterday?' and they will think of it as déjà vu or Groundhog Day, then after a while they'll all be like 'What in the world? Why is everybody getting younger?!' and they'll be freaking out like crazy. Ah yes, it shall be sweet.
"It is our Light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:22 pm
Hanorah says...

Yeah it's gonna be great,I'm glad I was able to join this story,i thought there was no more places left!
It's really good story line,well done for thinking it up!

60 Reviews

Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:26 pm
View Likes
therealme says...

Why thank you haha xD
Originally I was going to write the story by myself, but I thought it would be better to turn it into a storybook so other people could enjoy writing it too :)

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:54 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

I agree with Hanorah; this is a really interesting SB, and I'm glad to have joined it to experience the fun. :) And yes, the characters' reactions when time starts going backwards is going to be great. xD

I do like your ideas, though. However, for the characters to find each other, I think they should all be in one general location. So, maybe have them all in one country, because if they're all over the globe hundred of miles away, it's going to be hard to get them together. And because they're all in one location, maybe they lived near someplace that could mutate their genes to not age when time is going backwards? It could be a radioactive site, or near a lab of some sort doing experiments that exhaled a certain chemical that they breathed in or something.

Just throwing ideas out. :) I'm really interested to see how this will all piece together.
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:29 pm
View Likes
artsy says...

I like your idea of radioactivity Carina. As for thinking about how we'll all know if we meet one another, what if we have some sort of mark on a visible part of the skin that's visible once time starts turning backward? Just a thought.
"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes - you can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" - Dr. Seuss
~
Will Review For Food

76 Reviews

Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:20 pm
Hanorah says...

I think we should all think of the country were from like ireland for instance and we should all vote on which country we want it to be in?
Just a suggestion..

60 Reviews

Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:52 pm
therealme says...

I love both Carina and artsy's ideas :D

And just as a possibility, what if the 'mark' that appears on their skin is a map that leads to one place?
That way they can be in different countries and still be able to find each other by following the map. Again, maybe some of the characters might not want to follow the map... But they probably will once all their family/friends have disappeared - they'll want answers to why time is going retarded.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:22 am
artsy says...

therealme wrote:I love both Carina and artsy's ideas :D

And just as a possibility, what if the 'mark' that appears on their skin is a map that leads to one place?
That way they can be in different countries and still be able to find each other by following the map. Again, maybe some of the characters might not want to follow the map... But they probably will once all their family/friends have disappeared - they'll want answers to why time is going retarded.

Or some sort of code...? xD
"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes - you can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" - Dr. Seuss
~
Will Review For Food

60 Reviews

Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:38 am
View Likes
therealme says...

Yeah :) either an ancient Mayan map or code or symbols. What if the map/code thingy doesn't appear all at once and only parts of it appear? Or how about we all have the map (so that we can find each other) as well as a little symbol or part of a code/riddle that does't mean anything when we're by ourselves but when combined together it means something?

76 Reviews

Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:54 am
View Likes
Hanorah says...

Maybe once time starts to turn backwards we get a burning on our arm or ankle and it's the Mayan calendar picture appearers like a tattoo like this:
http://www.google.ie/search?q=mayan+cal ... WKIV7CM%3A

60 Reviews

Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:09 pm
therealme says...

In the post I just put up Lexi's alarm doesn't go off and her watch stops working.

This is because I have an idea... (yes, that's right, another one)

Since we all have a special genetic irregularity that enables us to not grow younger, we should also have some side effects. We can each have different side effects, but they should all be related to time.
Lexi's side effect is that clocks go all retarded when she's around them, either stopping completely or predicting a certain time that something's going to happen.
We haven't had these side effects all our lives. They've only started happening because the end of the Mayan Calendar is so near.
Our side effects will also help us find each other easier I think because we'll all have similar abilities.

Do you guys like this idea?

76 Reviews

Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:20 pm
Hanorah says...

Good idea....maybe my characters hands are able to light up when she's near the others who don't go back,but learns how to control it and when in danger she could shoot beams that could burn from her hands?

60 Reviews

Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:25 pm
therealme says...

What's that got to do with time? And that sounds a little like god-moddong to me.
Maybe pick a different side effect? :)

Oh, and the side effects aren't supposed to be helpful, otherwise they wouldn't be called 'side effects'. They have their advantages and their disadvantages.

76 Reviews

Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:19 pm
Hanorah says...

It's a watch?

rule #1 of being a potato: potatoes gotta defend their friends from negative self-talk
— Spearmint