z

Young Writers Society

Apocalypse 101 DT

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:56 pm
Rydia says...

Hi all! In a few days, the supplies and military groups are going to split off into a new thread. I'll explain that when it's going to happen. For now, start off in the current thread :D

Also, it's up to you when they discover the mutants or where they turn up first!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:34 pm
StoneHeart says...

I'll post if I can.
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:39 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

@barefootrunner feel free to choose which teams Bull is going to join! We can assume Abigail said her name :)
Writing Gooder

303 Reviews

Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:41 pm
StoneHeart says...

And guys, try to remember something here! EVERYONE in this bunker is going to know EVERYONE else. . . . Thirty people in one bunker for ten years. You couldn't help it.

. . . And I think it's pretty obvious which team Byron's on . . .

Make sure you get us new DT's to go with the new threads. We'll get a mess with all trying to post on one DT.

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:25 pm
Sins says...

Abigail didn't mention Keanen in her seperating people into groups plan thing, so shall I just throw him into wherever? I'm good at throwing people
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

303 Reviews

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:35 pm
StoneHeart says...

XD Skins.

RYDIA!!! Where are we in England?

. . .I was wondering because how close we are to a major city's previous site will really matter a lot radiation-level wise.

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:16 pm
Blues says...

Apparently, most of the radiation will be gone after three months though, Nether. Probably different for food though, which'd be interesting :P

303 Reviews

Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:10 pm
StoneHeart says...

Uh . . . Okay guys, how close to reality are we going to be going?

What I mean is simple: Are these mutants going to be X-men, hulks, or the real type of mutants you'd get from radiation?

Radiation is, if you didn't know this already - which you probably do -, clouds tiny particles of atoms going at extremely high speeds. Speeds so high that the bits of atoms will go RIGHT through you . . . killing a perfect row of your cells on the way.

Here's some sites showing you what the effects would be! Worth reading up on! http:

Immediate effects.

3 am. Magazine

Wikipedia

Long-term. (Mind you that Donahue would have known this stuff!)

Atomic Archives

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:11 am
Omni says...

So, is there anyone in Rydia's group who knows there way around electric wires and other things like plumbing etc?
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

303 Reviews

Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:20 am
StoneHeart says...

Not Byron for sure.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:40 am
Jony says...

So is the team gathering supplies like food and water going to the hospital or the shops in the opposite direction? Because I think it would make more sense for a supply group to try to find things in the shopping areas.
β€œIn a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die:
Ever drifting down the stream- Lingering in the golden gleam- Life, what is it but a dream?”
― Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass

-Jon7670

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:22 am
Audy says...

So, is there anyone in Rydia's group who knows there way around electric wires and other things like plumbing etc?

Eh, I dunno if Ed knows too much about electrical wires, maybe just basics, which is about as much as I know. I was gonna make him a window cleaner, which is pretty much maintenance, so he'd know about plumbing for sure. He's a vehicle enthusiast, so he'd know about car engines. What are you planning?

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:13 am
Sins says...

I'm probably going to throw Keanen into Rydia's group, and he would think he knows what to do with electrics, plumbing e.t.c and demand he be the one who does it, but he'd end up electrocuting or drowning himself so that would be fun
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:48 pm
Rydia says...

Sorry @skins! I used a defunct list and missed far too many people out, but let's just put it down to Abbie being stressed ;)

@BlackNether12 They are in the North of England and from a town, not a city. There are less large places up North and I'm thinking half the town got destroyed by falling bombs (hence the crater-like landscape) but the nearest nuclear hit would have been a bit away so less radiation than some areas. With the ten year passage of time, you can think of it as pretty safe. Enough radiation to make people a little sick while they adjust, maybe enough to kill small children, but not too dangerous. Their biggest threat will be the mutants.

@jon7670 the supplies team are going to the shops. Abbie's team will check out the hospital when they have run out of things they can set up at base, which isn't many since they need the supplies people to bring them more. They've just got a couple of tents from the bunker's emergency supplies.
Writing Gooder

304 Reviews

Reviews: 304
Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:53 pm
View Likes
barefootrunner says...

Brenn is lazy, so she'll probably find a seat and start yelling at people in Abbie's group. :)
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" - Einstein

If you know what the tip of a shoelace is called, Congratulations, you watched Phineas and Ferb!
— FireEyes