z

Young Writers Society

The King's Quest DT

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:51 am
KeiPie says...

The King’s Quest

You are one of the few chosen for this very important mission. The king of Isurdru, your homeland, has contacted you, one of his most loyal servants, to join a very specialized group of warriors to go and bright back his most treasured possession, his daughter. A band of evil Azaks attacked the castle and carried off the beautiful princess Laena to their dark kingdom. The way is rough and you must pass an active volcano, go through the valley of spirits, board a ship to cross a sea-monster infested lake, battle evil dragons and wraiths, and much more. Your life will be at risk all the time and your success will rely on both your bravery and your companions.
Dare you accept this invitation?

DT: viewtopic.php?f=200&t=97667

The warriors.

The specialized group of the king’s most loyal warriors include: elves, humans, dwarves, and sprites. Each different type has its own special traits, weapons, and abilities.
Spoiler! :
Elves (think LOTR type)

They are tall and majestic and truly beautiful. Usually with long hair, these elves are the tallest of the company. They are not immortal but live to be very old. They have infallible sight that works both at night and in the day. Their main weapon is the bow and arrow and their aim is perfect. They are very clever and work much with their hands to create other weapons and useful items. The only trouble is that they tire easily due to their usually quiet life. They require much rest and recuperation after battling and get sick very often.

Humans

They have the greatest endurance off the entire group. They are very strong yet not as strong as the dwarves. Their main weapon is the sword and they use it very well. The humans are trackers and usually take charge of those around them. These have great skill with maps and always have a wonderful sense of direction. They tend to use their body as much as their weapons. Punches, kicks, flips, and more, these are very agile and quick. Their weakness is their greed. They get sidetracked by treasure or anything that appears to be treasure.

Dwarves

The most comic of the company, they are also the most brutal. Dwarves are also the strongest. Their main weapon is the battle ax and their methods for killing are usually pretty gruesome. They eat ten times what the humans do and are usually rude yet their jokes and play keep the company’s morale high. Not the brightest around, they sometimes get lost or confused, but when they get into battle they are irreplaceable.

Sprites

These come in three forms:

The elf-like sprites are nothing like elves. They are more of the fairytale elves we read about. They are small, only about a foot high, and very elegant. They are like little tiny people. Their main weapons small poisoned darts they throw by hand. The poison comes from a plant and rots a person or animal from the inside out. Their size makes them very valuable and they have very basic magical powers. They use their powers to turn some vines into a basket for instance. They can only manipulate the resources they already have with their magic. Because of their size, they are also quite slow and many times must be carried. They have nasty tempers and seem to always be bickering and many times their hotheadedness gets them in trouble.

The fairy-like sprites
are quite similar to the elf-like sprites in size, shape, and capacities except the fairy kind have wings and can fly long distances. Also, their magic differs. The fairy-like can use their powers to temporarily change sizes or shapes (into an animal, rock, etc.). They do not create things like the elf-like. The fairy-like are less ill-tempered as the elf-like but tend to be very proud. The fairy-like do not use weapons but they usually change into an animal that will
be useful to attack (a lion for instance.)

The ghost-like sprites are the final category. These are the same size as humans and look pretty much the same. The thing about them is that you can only see them when they are moving. When they stand still they become invisible. With almost white skin, they do look like ghosts. Their main weapons are their daggers which they throw with needle-point precision.They are usually pretty quiet and drive people crazy because they are hard to find.

There will be five dragons accompanying the warriors. The first five to call dibs get them. They do not speak but provide quick travel and are also weapons. You can name them if you wish.

Character profiles:

Spoiler! :
Name:

Age (between 16-30 for humans, 250-500 for elves, 50-70 for dwarves, and sprites can be any age):

Elf, human, dwarf or sprite (if sprite please specify which one):

Appearance (a picture is welcome but also describe in words):

Personality:

History (optional):

Dragon: yes/no

Other:

Slots:

Spoiler! :
Elves:

Male- Roukin Luric ~Hopkin

Male-

Female- Ivy~bandgeek101

Female- Doe~ Crazycraz

Humans:

Male- Ignorance has dragon

Male- Marlon Grey~ Griffinkeeper

Female- Titch Van Ro'Shay~onedarkhorizon has dragon

Female- Imara Landson~thewritersdream has dragon

Dwarves:

Male- Glumber Flod~KeiPie

Male- Slounder Bong~Hopkin

Male-

Sprites:

Elf-like:

Male- Leif Vex~KeiPie

Female-

Fairy-like:

Male-

Female- Ayleth Kaduri~Dakushau

Ghost-like:

Male- Aureo Nokar~Dakushau

Female- Raven Odare~littleauthor

Tame Dragon:Ahkrin Sunvaar ~Dakushau

Rules:
The basic no God-modding etc.
No swearing! Not even the dwarves.
No sex etc.
You must be able to post at least three times a week. If you can't, don't join.
Oh and the most important one, HAVE FUN!!!!
Last edited by KeiPie on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:30 pm, edited 18 times in total.
“The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.”
― Mark Twain

“You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.”
― Ray Bradbury

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:28 am
View Likes
littleauthor says...

Spoiler! :
I loooove Fairy tale story books so here I go!

Name: Raven Ordare

Elf, human, dwarf or sprite : Ghost Sprite

She is pale and her hair is dyed a light purple. Her eyes are a light grey and her face is clear. She is a height of 5'2 and this helps her blend even more in.

Personality: Raven is quiet and doesn't really talk to anyone that much, unless its another ghost sprite. She loves to throw daggers though, That's all she ever really wants to do. Raven is a very good cook though so you could usually find her in the kitchen.

History: She has always lived in the woods with her parents. But after they died when she was 13 she had to live on her own. She join the army when she was 15 pretending that she was older. So really all the soldiers that have been around the same amount of time with Raven, will think that she is 25.

Dragon: Nope

Other: Up for love
It's better to be WEIRD than boring

5 Reviews

Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:45 pm
View Likes
KeiPie says...

Name: Glumber Flod

Elf, human, dwarf or sprite: Dwarf

Appearance: Glumber has long red hair and a red beard which he keeps braided. He had green eyes and sun-darkened skin.

Personality: Glumber is fun and always loves a good laugh. He is very protective and always takes care of the others. Glumber is usually lazy, but when it comes to battles or if any of his friends are in danger, he's very quick. Glumber could eat all day and always carries around extra food. He is usually pretty jovial and helps out anyone he can.

History: Glumber is the son of one of the former king's best warriors. Glumber grew up training to be the king's warrior and is very close to the royal family.

Dragon: no

Other: Glumber is very proud of his beard. He will not allow anyone to touch it and if they do he gets very angry.
“The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.”
― Mark Twain

― Ray Bradbury

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:42 am
bandgeek101 says...

Hi guys, sorry I realized that I'm a bit too busy to do another storybook. Sorry! :(
Last edited by bandgeek101 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Courage is resistance to fear
Mastery of Fear
Not absence of Fear
-Mark Twain

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:08 pm
View Likes
KatKage says...

May I reserve a male spot? :3
(and can he be a ghost-like sprite/human half-breed? :3 *Twould be pretty awesome XD*)
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~
Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel,
Kyrie Eleison through darkness of the night

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:26 pm
View Likes
onedarkhorizon says...

Name: Titch Van Ro'Shay

Elf, Dwarf, Human or Sprite: Human

Appearance

Titch is a slim young woman with only a little muscle mass, she has brunette hair that falls to her chest in lengthy curls; there are also numerous strips of red. Her eyes are a deep blue and her cheek bones are very high. She usually doesn't paint her nails but when she is bored, she has a habit of doing so; it is almost always a red.

Personality: Although Titch appears to be a very well-rounded, calming influence, she is in fact the opposite; she is very dense and lacks a lot of common sense. Contrary to this fact, Titch will sometimes state facts that many other people wouldn't have normally thought of. Every time Titch has one of these ideas, she writes it down in a small journal she keeps in her back pocket. Like many humans who become very greedy at the sight of treasure, Titch simply becomes amused and will often want to keep it.

History: Titch is the youngest of four siblings, she is also the only one that wasn't married off or sent off to work. Rebelling against her parents strict views on what should become of a beautiful young girl, she ran away from home and spent her time taking odd jobs for money.

Dragon

Yes. Titch came across a small egg during her journey from one town to the other, it wasn't shiny but it definitely appealed to her. So, she kept it with her for several months until a small dragon emerged; it was a light ice blue with purple dotted around its body. Titch decided to name him Jetpack -J.P. for short- because before he was fully grown, he liked to cling to her back and lift her off the ground; he was only strong enough to temporarily jump her forward at the time. J.P. also inexplicably has webbed feet which makes him an excellent swimmer; additionally, Titch also thinks that this is somehow connected to why J.P. shoots blue flames, something she nicknamed 'Cold Fire'.

Other: Titch has never been very lucky in love and has never sought it out, however although she doesn't know this; she secretly yearns for somebody.

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:16 pm
Skydreamer says...

Can I reserve a spot and a dragon? :D
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

5 Reviews

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:05 pm
KeiPie says...

bandgeek101, do you mean an elf-like sprite instead of an elf? I know it's confusing but they're two different species

bandgeek101 wrote:Name: Ivy

Age (between 16-30 for humans, 250-500 for elves, 50-70 for dwarves, and sprites can be any age): 275 = in human years seventeen

Elf, human, dwarf or sprite (if sprite please specify which one): Elf
― Mark Twain

― Ray Bradbury

5 Reviews

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:07 pm
KeiPie says...

That sounds really cool! I'm totally up for the idea. What would your person's characteristics be? Would he or she retain the disappearing ability or only act with stealth? Which weapons? Feel free to create the half-breed but you can't have the best of both worlds :P Pick some strengths and some weaknesses from both species and add them to your personality. And it would be VERY awesome :)

KatKage wrote:May I reserve a male spot? :3
(and can he be a ghost-like sprite/human half-breed? :3 *Twould be pretty awesome XD*)
― Mark Twain

― Ray Bradbury

5 Reviews

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:08 pm
KeiPie says...

Yes, just please tell me which species (elf, dwarf, etc.)
thewritersdream wrote:Can I reserve a spot and a dragon? :D
― Mark Twain

― Ray Bradbury

5 Reviews

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:17 pm
View Likes
KeiPie says...

Da da da! Here's the villain!

Name: Shlechmead Volderon

Elf, human, dwarf or sprite: Human

Appearance: Shlech usually wears a dark cloak that covers him from head to foot. He has a short black beard and a scar that runs down one cheek. He rides a black unicorn. Other than that, not much is known about him.

Personality: Cruel, controlling, etc.

History (optional): Shlech used to be one of the king's servants but became greedy. The Azaks needed a leader and offered him all their riches and their loyal allegiance. He readily accepted and became their evil leader. The Azaks adore him and do his every bidding. Shlech sent them to steal the princess with the intent of marrying her himself, for he had fallen in love with her when he still served the king. He had evil minions all over the land who respond to him directly. He will try to stop the company at any cost. If they succeed, they will not only rescue the princess, but will also learn his sinister secrets which remain hidden in his dark castle.

Other:
― Mark Twain

― Ray Bradbury

5 Reviews

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:18 pm
KeiPie says...

And here it is! Feel free to discuss plots, ideas, etc.
― Mark Twain

― Ray Bradbury

5 Reviews

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:19 pm
KeiPie says...

DT: viewtopic.php?f=200&t=97667
― Mark Twain

― Ray Bradbury

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:48 pm
View Likes
Skydreamer says...

Name: Imara Landson

Age (between 16-30 for humans, 250-500 for elves, 50-70 for dwarves, and sprites can be any age): 21

Elf, human, dwarf or sprite (if sprite please specify which one): Human

Appearance (a picture is welcome but also describe in words): Image She has curly dark brown hair that goes to her shoulders and light brown skin. She has high cheek bones and hazel eyes. She is tall 6’3 and is stronger than she looks, she is of medium weight, and has a tattoo on the back of her hand that says “Strength” to remind her what her father did (his sacrifice for their family) and what she would always try to have no matter what situation.

Personality: More of a reserved person, a watcher, very keen to things around her. She’s quiet, but when she does speak, she means what she says and says it strongly. She is kind of heart and wants the best for everyone.

History (optional): Before deciding to work for the king she had, had lots of training because her family grew up around constant danger, which is where her solemn attitude came from, and where her strong sense of sight was heightened. She often then could sense the danger from afar and warn her family about it. Her father always trying to protect the family was killed in an attack trying to save his family when she was 15 years old and since then she was left to guard her mother and two younger sisters. She did this until summoned to join for specialized training with the Kings troops, in return her family was promised protection, and she had taught her sisters (younger than her by two and three years) to fight and defend themselves in every way she knew how. Her only apprehension about the search for the princess was her family’s safety.

Dragon: yes, but the dragon is not yet fully grown (think teenage years) and was discovered when very young stranded (the mother either captured or killed) and my character helped it, trained it, and now has kept it, it grows stronger/older throughout the story. There is also a strong connection between my character and her dragon. Her dragons name is Ice because her silver-blue often made my character think of ice. Has scales but no webbed feet. Here is an idea of the color and slight look of the dragon (which is silver-blue) http://www.flickr.com/photos/dan084/3452144514/

Other: She is pretty ‘hard to get’ if you’re talking love, (that doesn't mean impossible) but she can be pretty friendly though quiet. And she is willing to partner up with those she considers stronger than her in order to win a battle; she tries to find her allies. And because of her watching abilities she is able to sense when people are lying, and can notice things most people can’t. This is her one true strength going into this.
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:33 pm
littleauthor says...

Boop
It's better to be WEIRD than boring

No matter what happens I'll always know there's a quote of mine in the YWS quote generator.
— looseleaf