z

Young Writers Society

The King's Quest DT

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Fri May 10, 2013 11:33 pm
onedarkhorizon says...

Does anybody have any idea as to where the group will be going next?
To a nearby town or through a forest etc? :)

Random avatar

Reviews: 28
Fri May 10, 2013 11:33 pm
Hopkin says...

Hey @Crazycraz, I really liked what you did when Doe saw Deiven, this is so going to be awesome later when Roukin starts really liking her! such fun! He'll totally beat him up, hehehe
Make them start feeling Exhausted, Home sick, maybe run out of food, getting the skilled to get some more! let's have a lot of fun with this!

Reviews: 3
Fri May 10, 2013 11:55 pm
Pokit says...

@Crazycraz
That sounds sooooo fun!!!! there's so much you can do with that stuff!

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Sat May 11, 2013 12:22 am
Craz says...

*Bows widely from praise*.

I think in the next post (whoever posts next) that they should get going since they have all the supplies now and etc.
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat May 11, 2013 12:37 am
KeiPie says...

Ok awesome! Sorry I haven't posted, I've been kinda bogged down with this and another SB which both have a ton of posts a day. Anyway, I'll try to post today or tomorrow.

@Hopkin you can take over Ivy, her owner gave me permission :) Enjoy!
“The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.”
― Mark Twain

“You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.”
― Ray Bradbury

Sat May 11, 2013 12:43 am
Pokit says...

whoever takes them off on the journey, don't forget Deiven, he's wondering around somewhere.

28 Reviews

Sat May 11, 2013 1:15 am
View Likes
KatKage says...

And please don't forget Ash! <u>'' (Whom we/I still don't have a solid plan for <u>'' Any thoughts on my plan on the previous page, guys? <u>'')
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~
Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel,
Kyrie Eleison through darkness of the night

Random avatar

Sat May 11, 2013 1:18 am
onedarkhorizon says...

@KatKage

It would probably be better if you got Ash involved now, otherwise it may be harder for you to find an opening where he can reveal himself.

However, contrary to that you could role another character and save Ash for later? He could appear and immediately be seen as an enemy since nobody has met him before?

It's really up to you ^^,

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sat May 11, 2013 2:47 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

That is a great idea. I like that. I actually had a plan, with Titch getting attacked and Michael saves her. x3
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sat May 11, 2013 6:23 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Solid plan is this:

We're in the inventory post stage now. This ends tomorrow when I write Marlon's arrival. We'll assume that Doe gets the inventory of everyone that is going.

The biggest problem right now is with the dragons. Marlon is going to do whatever he can to avoid having the group noticed, but this is tricky when you have large dragons with enough firepower to take on a company of soldiers. Marlon is going to use them for recon missions.

At this point, we're going to have a bit of an author competition for those authors who have dragons. The task is to write a post where your character discovers a possible location for the group to stay the night. They could be towns, clearings, caves, whatever you think. Have your characters return to Marlon, and he'll pick the one that makes sense (or alternatively, the one that has the most plot potential.)

Those without dragons can have conversations on horseback.

@Ignorance & onedarkhorizon: Marlon isn't yet aware of the budding romance between Titch and Michael. Once he becomes aware, he will do whatever he can to avoid pairing them up for certain types of duties, especially those that require focus and concentration. For instance, standing watch. It's hard to watch out for threats if you're constantly looking into one another's eyes.

Also, if Michael threatens to beat up any other guy that looks upon Titch's pleasing figure, then Marlon will come down very hard on Michael. His argument would be that if he won't work with the other team members, he should leave the group. Marlon has taken on the role of group patriarch, so he's going to knock or talk sense into any 'kids' that fall out of line.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

Random avatar

Sat May 11, 2013 4:00 pm
Hopkin says...

This is Ivy's Character skatch, the person didn't really write anything about her so I did.

Name: Ivy Lynch

Age (between 16-30 for humans, 250-500 for elves, 50-70 for dwarves, and sprites can be any age): 240 18-19 looking

Elf, human, dwarf or sprite (if sprite please specify which one): Elf

Appearance (a picture is welcome but also describe in words):
Long blond hair, usually keeps it out, (even in battle) green tunic, brown knee high boots, pointy ears, that show more than Roukin's and Deiven's. Enchanting deep blue eyes. Keeps a dagger in her left boot.

Personality: Civil not very kind, but can be at times, takes serious things serious. Likes to taunt people that she can. Doesn't lie just twists what she says, to make it look like that truth.

History (optional): She knows Roukin and Deiven, both know her, she has been friends with Deiven longer than with Roukin. She knows the king, and is very good with weapons.

Dragon: yes/no No

Other: She is up for love, and if she can break a heart she will. Would like someone who wouldn't bore her. Watches a lot, tells your secrets, or tells you secrets, which you don't ever know are true or not.

Random avatar

Sat May 11, 2013 4:01 pm
Hopkin says...

is it okay if I post a drawing? for her picture?

Sat May 11, 2013 5:15 pm
Pokit says...

I think you can.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sat May 11, 2013 6:12 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

@Griffin: I'm not sure if you read Michael's bio, but he is very rebellious and defiant. I mean, he knows when to obey orders, like if we're in battle or trying to stay alive, but if it comes to staying away from Titch, he'll laugh in Marlon's face. x3

That's just how he is. Sorry if he's the jerk, I'm nicer than him. <__>

Also, he doesn't get into everyone's face just because they're looking at Titch in a suggestive manner. The only reason he interferred was, well mainly because Pokit brought him in and I was all "Whaaaa?", but also because he thought Titch needed help. Really, he was only thinking those thoughts about being jealous and such. ^-^

Does that make any sense? If it doesn't, tel lme and I'll try again.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Random avatar

Sat May 11, 2013 9:33 pm
onedarkhorizon says...

@Griffin

I just have a question about the dragons, you said they'd be used for re'con missions. Are those going to be frequent? I really liked the idea of having a character with a dragon, so it's initially why I joined.

I even made J.P. a little unique, so without him, she's just going to use hand-to-hand combat. That's going to get a little repetitive when I assume the Azak's have weapons of some kind?

I thought about including somebody training her with a weapon, but I doubt that will help since everybody was asked to be there because of their various skills. :/

Every really new idea looks crazy at first.
— Alfred North Whitehead