z

Young Writers Society

Revolution DT

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:14 am
View Likes
Auxiira says...

*me intervenes* thank luluds for pointing out how futile this bickering is. I feel the same as blackwood however. LoyalHeart, breathing fire is a little extreme. Flying is fine, and so is a little fire. However, what you are explaining is almost a full blown Mary Sue. Now let's all be mature teens and get over this little tiny weeny problem before I decide to virtually throttle someone. (If you hadn't noticed, I'm in a stinking mood. Don't make me any madder.)
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:26 pm
KingLucifer says...

Auxiira wrote:*me intervenes* thank luluds for pointing out how futile this bickering is. I feel the same as blackwood however. LoyalHeart, breathing fire is a little extreme. Flying is fine, and so is a little fire. However, what you are explaining is almost a full blown Mary Sue. Now let's all be mature teens and get over this little tiny weeny problem before I decide to virtually throttle someone. (If you hadn't noticed, I'm in a stinking mood. Don't make me any madder.)

How does explaining a characters abilities, a character who has not even fully matured yet as a person and dragon, make her a Mary-Sue, when I have yet to even insert her into the SB? She has flaws and isn't perfect, this shows in her profile, which by the way, I posted two or so pages back. I don't care how mad you are or how mad you'll get, to me, you just insulted me and my character by calling her a Mary Sue, and that's not cool. And just in the previous post before this, I state, she won't be able to use entire infernos.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

67 Reviews

Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:32 pm
View Likes
Auxiira says...

who could hold herself against anyone involved in the revolution.

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:08 pm
100xstupid says...

Dude... this is supposed to be a collaborative effort. If other people think your character doesn't fit the rules, you should figure out how to nerf it a little. The idea is that these people have animal *characteristics*, not powers. Breathing fire is just crazy and I'm sure it's not central to your character. There's no need to get offended if somebody doesn't like your character and frankly, you should listen to Aux on stuff like that. Just read her posts- she knows what she's doing.

Actually speaking of collaboration, sorry I've been so bad at posting on this, I've been so busy over the easter holidays with work and seeing friends back from uni that I haven't had time to write. But I'll do an extra long post on Saturday and see if I can kickstart this back into action a little. I'm quite happy to write out the factory raid, unless sylver wants to. And yes, I will kill off Alex. Sad face :(
"As for me, all I know is that I know nothing"
-Socrates

67 Reviews

Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:59 pm
Auxiira says...

I can kill him off "by accident" if you want. Seeing as unless the person has a mutant family member, Kari really is an anthrophobe (afraid of humans: anthrophobia. I looked it up...) . And she could see Alex as a threat. Killing Alex would also make her unpopular with the human kids, which would be fine with her.

(by the way: awwwww thanks 100x for this:)
Just read her posts- she knows what she's doing.

LH. I understand that you want to have you character like this, but really, fire is a bit too much. And I remind you that this is my SB, and therefore, my say is what goes.

80 Reviews

Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:05 pm
100xstupid says...

He does have mutant family through his brother that I haven't introduced properly yet, but there's no reason Kari would know that. Perhaps she can try to go help in the factory raid and kill him by mistake? I can very well imagine both characters lacking somewhat in conflict resolution, especially if they both mistake each other for enemies. I would still like to write Alex's death, though. He's not the nicest man I've ever written, but I still feel strangely attached to him.

I need to get out more :P
-Socrates

67 Reviews

Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:26 pm
Auxiira says...

Sure! Wassa conflict resolution though?

50 Reviews

Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:40 pm
KingLucifer says...

Auxiira wrote:
who could hold herself against anyone involved in the revolution.

Seperately, anyone who is to challenge her and is not Vengence Moon will certainly be beaten, Skylar is trained to fight anything and anyone that tries to kill her, seperately no one can beat her except for Vengence Moon who should be the only one capable of putting Skylar on the run. Now if the people involved were to fight her at once, which shouldn't be possible at the current time of the SB, can change a fight against her. I made her challenging, not impossible.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:56 pm
winterbites says...

If you spent this time writing for the SB, we would have a lot more post going on c: Okay, so lets agree to disagree. For the SB sake and the other people in this SB.
Thank you. c:
I've got you under a spell and I don't think I'll be letting you out~ If Only She Knew Voodoo Like I Do, Get Scared.

67 Reviews

Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:18 am
View Likes
Auxiira says...

Thanks winter. What I'm trying to say, LH, is that this:
will certainly be beaten

is just overkill. People aren't invincible, and there are probably a few fighters as good as him in the Rev. If you aren't happy with what I'm saying, then you don't have to join the SB.
THIS CONVERSATION IS NOW OVER

50 Reviews

Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:01 pm
KingLucifer says...

Auxiira wrote:Thanks winter. What I'm trying to say, LH, is that this:
will certainly be beaten

is just overkill. People aren't invincible, and there are probably a few fighters as good as him in the Rev. If you aren't happy with what I'm saying, then you don't have to join the SB.
THIS CONVERSATION IS NOW OVER

Yeah, and your not thinking realistically, there is a difference between Skylar and most people in the revolution. But you refuse to see the logic when it comes to training between Skylar and those who joined the revolution. Yeah your right this conversation is at an end.

Reviews: 0
Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:10 pm
luluds says...

So if i can get my head around this topic around Skylar. yes i know this convo is over but seing as i was thinking about this and we were all getting annoyed over nothing much.

when seing the mutants and characters in the SB any character with Fighting experience/ training (Ven, Skylar and any others who appear to be gifted destroyers) are more likely to win against any non fighting or very slightly trained chars.

But just because a fighter is strong doesn't mean that they are invincible. Thats why the revolution isn't just ven but also several other mutants and individuals who can fight together. If Skylar can pick you out one by one, just get in a group to face her and then she will have a match and might fail to beat you all. And i feel very insecure about posting and assdfghjkkllmm i need to go to class!!!! (no time to reread i apologise for mistakes)

50 Reviews

Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:15 pm
KingLucifer says...

luluds wrote:So if i can get my head around this topic around Skylar. yes i know this convo is over but seing as i was thinking about this and we were all getting annoyed over nothing much.

when seing the mutants and characters in the SB any character with Fighting experience/ training (Ven, Skylar and any others who appear to be gifted destroyers) are more likely to win against any non fighting or very slightly trained chars.

But just because a fighter is strong doesn't mean that they are invincible. Thats why the revolution isn't just ven but also several other mutants and individuals who can fight together. If Skylar can pick you out one by one, just get in a group to face her and then she will have a match and might fail to beat you all. And i feel very insecure about posting and assdfghjkkllmm i need to go to class!!!! (no time to reread i apologise for mistakes)

Thank you! This is what I've been trying to say.

80 Reviews

Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:39 pm
100xstupid says...

LH, I'm pretty sure that Blackwood's objection isn't to do with whether or not you'd win a fight with another person's character. You're just breaking the rules of the storybook by making your character unrealistically powerful, to the point where Skylar seems like less of a real person and more like something out of a crazy fighting game. Being "part human, part dragon, and all awesome" just doesn't fit with the kind of tone everyone's going for. One of the drawbacks of a storybook is that you have to compromise with other authors and conform with what's happening around you. It's just something you have to accept.

I'm just gonna reiterate what Aux said earlier in different terms, because she doesn't seem to want to carry this on any longer:

Change your character and make him/her feel more real, or find another storybook for them. That's all.
-Socrates

80 Reviews

Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:41 pm
100xstupid says...

Oh yeah, I'm writing up Alex's bit in the breakout now, but I thought it would be more fitting of Ven to shut down the whole factory with some of the revolution leaders. Plus I wanted Alex's last moments to be around Jake and Jaimie, so I separated them. @sylverdawn if you want me to change that and keep Jake and Ven together, I can do that.
-Socrates

Too bad all the people who know how to run this country are busy running taxicabs or cutting hair.
— George Burns