z

Young Writers Society

The Ink Puppeteers {DT}

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:13 am
crossroads says...

Shadowlight wrote:And Poor Kyra doesn't love her intended.....

Walter says that's not how the story is supposed to go, the princess is supposed to marry the prince who' she's in love with.

Oh I can't wait to write how the fiancé acts towards Kyra. And Penelope, though Kyra will not let him do anything to her. I can imagine Walter wanting to do something but not being able because he doesn't have any kind of control over the older princess >:3

Well, Corin is not a prince, that's sure xD I may make a profile for him at some point, to show you all properly who you're dealing with. Mwahahaha.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:16 am
Shadowlight says...

Walter says NO ONE touches his Little Princess, No one. And he also says that he doesn't need to be her writer to be nice to Kyra. He will feel SO bad for her when he realizes what's going on.
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

117 Reviews

Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:25 am
crossroads says...

Mwahaha. She will react pretty much like Evie, though xD
- they/them -

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:26 am
Omni says...

my other, not posted yet XD need to get around to doing that, is one of the higher uppers in the court that controls the Eras in Celest, maybe we could interact once I have his character up
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

117 Reviews

Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:37 am
crossroads says...

It would be great if he'd add some depth to Kyra, since she's npc and I can't have Penelope around her all the time ^^ She could hate him, though, since the ones who control Celest are the ones who killed her lover and made her marry for the sake of the throne (for as far as she knows, anyway)
- they/them -

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:38 am
Sunshine says...

My Character, to get into the flow.

Name: Theodora, but she would like to be called Thea, thank you very much.

Age: 20, give or take. Birthdays weren’t celebrated very often back then.

Appearance: Being from the area and time that she is, Thea’s long black hair and darker skin isn’t all that special. Her dark hair is long and thick- usually braided, out of her face, with a few stubborn pieces hanging out. Honestly, her hair is probably the prettiest part about her (it being very pretty and curly)- she’s kind of plain, with her dark eyes (almost black, but not surprising for her culture) and a longer, endearingly titled nose. Other than that, an average face; lips, normal size, ears, normal size. Thea is rather tall (at least she likes to think so, but maybe it’s the whole ‘Medival Ages’ thing) at 5’7. She’s evenly proportional, with pretty curves.

Personality: Thea is known in the center of Constantinople- the place where the emperor and his many servants do their work- for being intelligent. She had knowledge forced upon her by her father- as he had no son to give it to, and Thea’s older sister had no interest- but she learned to be hungry for it. She loves to learn- but she also loves to be right. She’s so used to it, she expects it, and is going to be peeved to realize that she doesn’t really know anything- the girl’s stubborn.

However much she tries, she can’t argue for long- she’s too full of curiousity, too eager to learn more so that she can prove you wrong the next time. The problem is, though Thea has knowledge, but doesn’t know how to apply it. She’s very easily distracted, and tries to find a meaning behind everything, even if there isn’t one. She’s been relatively shaded her entire life, giving her a rather innocent outlook

Thea is very loyal and she only needs one thing for you to prove yourself to her. She has a relatively positive outlook on life, and his generally nonchalant- which can lead to some over-thought decisions. She was never close to her family, and ended up cutting herself off from her family, so she’s rather lonely- once she gets used to company, she won’t want to let it go. She’s a hard-worker, and a nose-to-the-grindstone type. The writer in her is rather suspicious of all authority figures, and she’s so interested in them, but pull the good guy string and she may fall through.

History: Thea will be, by far, the oldest person there- she is from the Second Rome, the surviving Eastern Half, though she is not all that impressed with it. Her Great-Grandfather was a royal Historian who wrote about the decrease of the Western Roman and the rise of the Eastern, her Grandfather cataloged Emperor Justinian and his wife (named Theodora, of course), and her Father…well…

Like many woman, Thea’s mother died during birth. Thea’s father was not, by any means, a cruel man- but he never had time for his children-royal duties and everything, don’t worry, Thea’s not bitter-, and remarried strictly to get the children some care. It was Thea’s step-mother who got her interested in stories; she was not from the area, and had many stories to tell, many myths that haunted Thea’s head and soon had her delving into her own mix of History, Future, and myths. It was her meticulous father who, fed up on her re-telling her story over and over again- told her to make like a Historian and write it down. Thea was hooked on the idea by ten, and never stopped.

Thea’s father was constantly looking for a husband for her at the time this storybook starts- Thea knows she should be married, like her elder sister, but she’s having too much fun being free. She has a handful of suitors, being that she is rather eligible, but men of her age are intimidated by her intelligence far more than they want her father’s power. She had badgered her father- an elderly, decript man by this point- into training her in some history. You know, just in case the woman’s right movement got a kick-start of 500 years or so.

About your writing: The main aspect of Thea’s writing is that she doesn’t do novels; her writing is a long strip of novella-types and short stories, all focused in the same world and the same characters. Another major aspect is the whole from-the-barely-middle-ages thing; she writes of an almost steampunk middle ages in-the-making.

The way you described the World: Thea, the daughter of a line of historians, is obsessed with Rome and the power that it granted over the land. In this reflection, Thea’s world focuses pretty greatly on power and balance- monarchies, people, and military- and so, of course, this world is always out-of-wack in those categories. She describes heavily on the beauty of nature and the outlines- she has this thing about water, living next to a port city- but she loves to make up machines. Her works aren’t focused very heavily on Fantasy, but she’ll have a few creatures living in the depths, believe me.

Their Puppets: ReisesPieces’ Coreyll.

Other:
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:25 am
Sassafras says...

I just typed up Cory's profile and YWS deleted it and why does this happen to me?! I'm a good person!
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:06 pm
Omni says...

I'm moving my puppet to NPC. I'll just have her moving about or something.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:27 pm
CowLogic says...

Is anyone else in Velso (the modern small-town)?
The course skin of a thousand elephants sewn together to make one leather wallet.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:29 pm
Sassafras says...

Nah, Cory's in Nevereem.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:54 am
veeren says...

Me and Vamp are in Velso, Mr. Cogic.
"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:05 pm
Shadowlight says...

Aria I am so sorry its taking me so long to post! Life this week blew up on my face but I will post tonight. <333
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:59 pm
KingLucifer says...

Ok, I half a**ed my post, I have about four other SB's to get to, so sorry.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:03 pm
FermentingFruit says...

I'm just waiting on Alvarin to kill that chic so Leo and Alayna can meet, because there's not much for her to do now :P
Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:05 pm
wordsandwishes says...

Just posted! Again, let me know if anything needs editing ;)

The quote generator! That's a genius idea.
— Necromancer14