z

Young Writers Society

Father, Forgive Us {DT}

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:44 pm
Sassafras says...

Actually could you IM me. I have a few questions/suggestions.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:47 pm
View Likes
Caesar says...

god mod aleeeert ;P
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:57 pm
thestorygirl says...

^ thank you. I can't do it Monday and probs not Sunday, though those are the only days I can think of. Oh and by the way, weekends are going to be tough for me from next weekend forward because of stage crew, in which we work from 10-9 everyday.it'll be rare if I can post then.
Nella vita vi è la distruzione, desolazione nella morte, ma c'è speranza nella rivoluzione.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:52 pm
Sassafras says...

Runes and Rituals: A guide to figuring out this SB.

Author's Note: Sorry in advance. It's really not as complicated as it may look. Just find your class, read the segment about them, and then you're done with this guide.

Chapter One: Runes

For clarification, Exorcists are the only ones able to use runes, Demons (or demons-in-training because that's what they are) use spell magic, either curse or attack type. You guys don't get to use runes, sorry, so I suggest skipping down to the Ritual part.

For Vanquishers:

How To Use Runes:

The process of using and invoking a rune is actually really simple. You draw the rune on your weapon, say the incantation, and then you have what you wanted to have. Say your weapon is a sword. You want your sword to be flaming, right, so you draw a fire rune on your sword (it's just a triangle because it's a basic rune) and you say fire in Latin and you've got a flaming sword. After you deactivate your rune the rune disappears from your weapon and you're left with a clean slate to try again.

There are five basic element type runes that you can use on your weapons. Arranged in order of strength:

Spirit (Vanquishers actually can't use spirit, see "For Extractors" to read the reason why.)

Fire

Air

Water

Earth

These images are the basic runes needed to invoke basic spells such as the one mentioned in the flaming sword example above. More intricate runes do not look as basic as these, but there won't be a time when you have to detail what you're drawing on your weapon so this isn't important, not really.

The more complicated the attack, the longer the incantation, and the more complicated the rune. All you need to know of this is that it takes longer to invoke something like a water serpent than it does to throw a fireball. Not much longer, only maybe by a few seconds, but those few seconds could mean life or death in the heat of battle.

Voice-only Runes:

Because Vanquishers actually have to kill the demons, and the Extractors are not fighters can only injure demons to an extent, Vanquishers are able to use runes without drawing them out first. So if you weapon is gone, or you just don't want to use your weapon at that time, but you still need to fight you can use voice-only incantations. These are harder to use and you'll need to be more specific or else you'll end up with something you don't want. Voice-only runes don't last as long as symbol-summoned runes and draw from the person's own energy source, so the longer you keep up voice-only runes the more your energy drains. Use your imagination with these and keep in mind your character's skill level.

Rune Limits

Some typical rune don'ts are you can't invoke a fire and water rune on the same weapon at the same time, it just won't work. Fire beats Earth, Earth beats Air, Air beats Water and obviously Water beats Fire. Keep this in mind.

For Extractors

Spoiler! :
The power of sealing has been handed over to Extractors.

We Extractors really don't have much to worry about. We heal things, we draw runes, we split demon souls apart from the human souls they're leeching off. It's good times.

Extractors are only allowed to use symbol-summoned runes. Extractors can fight a demon all they want, but they can not kill it. They can injure it, but they can not destroy it. Typically Extractors use runes for healing and protection, but can use some basic level attack runes if they want, and can always just have a weapon without the need for attack runes. Only Extractors are allowed to use Spirit runes since that element is reserved for healing and protection incantations.

Extractors are the ones that remove the demon from infected bodies and do this through the process of...

Chapter Two: Rituals

For Extractors:

To remove a demon there is really only two things you must have, the five-point rune, and a prayer.

This rune Image must be drawn on the ground large enough for the infected to be put in the middle. Each elemental space must have an aspect of the element in it, and the Extractor goes to the spirit area. You say your prayer, remove the demon, and the Vanquishers are waiting off to the side to kick its butt. You can help kick butt too if you want. The spirit point must be facing the North.

Prayers can vary, feel free to make them up, and alter them to fit whatever demon you want to extract. Requiritur quod sit nisi Latine - and you can check your Latin with Cypher since he actually knows it... but google translate is great.

For Summoners

The same goes for demon summoning as demon removing. See the above "For Exractors" and edit the information to fit malicious intent, also replace the body in the middle of the rune with the symbol of the demon you want you want to summon. And instead of the spirit section facing North it will face South.

You are able to summon one demon at a time to fight for you, and demons still have free will and some just won't want to fight for you. The higher your demon relation the more demons will listen to you - because if not granddaddy Beezlebub will kick their ass (in Ruil's case at least...). You can only summon low class demons for possessions.

Curse Type Black Magic

You put curses on people. It's pretty self explanatory. But you can also poison them. Curse type black magic is usually a long process, you can't sit down in the middle of battle and put a curse on somebody. But if you collect all the right ingredients, blood, hair, toenails, eye of newt, poppy seeds (I don't know, make something up), you are able put a curse on that person even if they were on opposite sides of the globe.

These curses do not last very long though, always less than 12 hours. Curses are very vague as to what you can do with them, so you will end up having to PM me before putting one on somebody. And get their permission before your curse them.

For Implanters

To put a demon soul inside of a person's body the Implanter must engrave the demon's symbol onto the victim and then put the demon soul inside of it's symbol which puts it inside of the person. You're basically moving the demon into the person's body.

Once an Implanter puts a soul inside of a body they have a bit of say-so over what that possessed body can now do, which allows them to use the possessed as weapons and have a small army of possessed people fighting for them. But since demons used in possessions are usually weaker demons these bodies are not invincible and are easier to take down.

Attack Type Black Magic-

-is exactly what it sounds like. You basically have influence over dark matter, shadow manipulation, and whatever you want that is evil. You don't have runes, you just have magic. You do your conjuring with your hands, so choose wisely what powers you want, because you will have to carve that power symbol into the palm of your hand, and from then on you can only do magic with that power range.

Chapter Three: General Information

It is impossible to cover everything, so if you're unsure about anything regarding rituals and runes then just drop me a PM and I'll explain further.

These characters are still human, make sure you keep that in mind.

It has been decided that this SB - after the initial first day post - will begin three weeks after the first day of the apocalypse. Your characters have only been doing this for three weeks. They should not be a master by now.

Spell and Rune casting takes energy and strength, mental and physical. They can't go rune casting all day.

Mostly I want to see you guys using your imaginations, I want to see a lot of creativity here. :)

Spoiler! :
I know this must look really complicated and long, but it's just background information so you guys know what you can do and what you can't. Sorry if you're confused.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:35 am
KingLucifer says...

Profile totally redone, Genesis is now the commander of the demons, Nemier is an Extractor for the Excorists. And Genesis and Nemier do still know each other, but I'll show why in the SB cause I don't say anything about the two knowing each other in there histories. Sooo I have the plot in mind.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:03 am
veeren says...

Commander of the demons, huh?

ReisePiecey wrote: ...Demons (or demons-in-training because that's what they are)...

I'm pretty sure we all start with a clean slate.
"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

50 Reviews

Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:08 am
KingLucifer says...

I have permission from Reise.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

161 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:11 am
Sassafras says...

I probably should tell everyone the general plot.

LH's character Genesis is basically doing scouting for Lucifer. Genesis, along with the Implanters and Summoners, is one of the people the Exorcists will have to fight in order to win.

I'm pretty sure we all start with a clean slate.

Also, what?

50 Reviews

Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:18 am
KingLucifer says...

Genesis is no longer invincible, granted yes, she's going to be extremely hard to kill. But you don't have to lure her to shrouds of light to deal with her, and she also has a history with Nemier, how? Find out in the SB.

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:25 am
veeren says...

I get it now.
I was just under the impression that our characters started off inexperienced and worked our way up.
"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

161 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:29 am
Sassafras says...

Yeah that's true, but at the actual start of the SB our characters have been doing this for three weeks. So we're all still really inexperienced. And the Demons are working, ultimately, for a spot on Lucifer's team of demons.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:33 am
Alvarin says...

I'd better check in here so I won't miss anything. I'll have my profiles up.. In twelve hours.
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:57 am
crossroads says...

Checking in again. I hope the profile is ok ;)
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:39 am
Alvarin says...

Okay, my profiles are up. Think I overdid it a bit xD Tell me if I need to change anything.
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

50 Reviews

Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:25 am
KingLucifer says...

Hey Alvarin, Nemier could be friends with Robert and Jamie, seeing how the three will have a lot in common?

Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new.
— Henry David Thoreau