z

Young Writers Society

Vagabonds of the Universe DT

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:15 am
methrirr123 says...

Welcome, Vagabonds! Put your characters and questions and stuff here.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

56 Reviews

Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:15 am
methrirr123 says...

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=96493
here's the thread

56 Reviews

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:23 pm
methrirr123 says...

Name: Daahil "Sledge" Delenduur

Race: Human.

Clan Allegiance (if any): Muorrok

Protagonist.

Appearance: He has dark brown eyes, and tan skin. His hair is jet black, and falls down his back in a ponytail. He doesn't really like beards, so he shaves periodically. He's infamously huge, strong enough to wield a twenty five pound Blast-Maul, which is like a giant Blast-Hammer with a long haft. Blast hammers were hammers that were made of a superhard metall alloy, the head of which, a wicked collapsible macelike head that normally weighed around ten pounds, would be teeming with a high power force field, and a complex array of inertia cancelors, allowing the wielder to crumple the armor of a heavy tank, and sometimes bat aside small tanks with ease. He always carries this Shredder made, super heavy duty, telescoping custom made Blast Maul around on his belt. It's the size and shape of a heavy mace when fully shrunk, and about six feet long and with a very heavy head. He bears scars from a fight with a particularly large Kryon, one on his chest and one on his forearm. He likes dark colors, and reds, as is the Muorokk colors.

Personality: To strangers he is stoic, frightening, and blunt. He has little to no sense of humor, and offers little attempt to aquaint himself. Only when on military buisness with someone will he greet them unintroduced by someone else. His pride and sense of honor can rival those of most Helion Clan members. He holds friendship to be a sacred bond, that when broken can only result in perpetual hatred until atoned. To his friends, he is merry and humorous. He confides in those he trusts, but nobody else. His best friend is a Shredder named Muokheiil. He just calls him Mike.

Backstory: He raised by his father alone, from whome he inherited the Blast-Maul. He was instilled with a hatred for Kryons. He was raised to be a soldier, to fight alongside his father. For many years they were inseprable. Neither one would be drafted without the other being put on the same squad. Then a small Kryon Behemoth, nicknamed Krettmeii, the Doomed, killed Daahil's father. After that, Daahil went into such that he took the Kryon on one on one, and killed it with his fathers Maul. This earned him the nickname "Sledge" which means many things. Sle-Je, in the tounge of the Shredders, means "Father Avenger." He also got the name because of the massive maul he used to crush the creatures head.

Strengths and weaknesses: He is very unsocial, and really doesn't like the nature of the Jerdaach. No matter how dire he is, he will ask for no help from anyone unless there is no way out of it. Even in wars, he will only call from aid from his best friend, Moukheiil, who is the Chief of a great portion of the Shredder army, simply because he know's that he can willingly return the favor. He also hates people who whine, or complain, especially about pain. He is the perfect Captain, in all other ways. He is rather wise, a charismatic leader, and the top human fighter in the universe, which his men will vouch for. He instills loyalty to any croud.(Characters must have at least one big flaw. Nothing crippling, just enough to not be overpowered.)

Military Rank: Captain of the Muorrok Vagabond ship, the "Sledgehammer", named after him for his outstanding efforts during the Kryon raid on an Helion ship containing it's Commander in Chief, who had it made specifically for armed travel through space for the Muorrok. This helped ease the tension between the two clans.

Social class: Middle Upper class, though he doesn't like to advertise it.
Last edited by methrirr123 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:13 am
megsug says...

Name: Fexdai 'Fex'

Race: Jerdaach

Clan Allegiance:

Antagonist or Protagonist? Protagonist

Appearance: At 4'11 and skinny as a rail, Fex isn't much of an imposing figure. She has slanted yellow eyes and a nose that comes off a bit smushed into her face. She has black greasy hair that she wears down. Her skin is a dry brownish green. She often wears dark browns and blacks. Whatever color, it's rarely clean. She has several piercings in her large, pointed ears and one in her nose. Every piercing is a silver ring. She has chemical burns on her left arm, but she's so selfconscious of it she wears Blinkmetal over it all the time, allowing her to have an unexpected weapon on her at all times. It's a laser gun right now, but she has a friend of a friend who could switch it out for her if she wanted to.

Personality: Fex learned a long time ago to hang out with the big guys. She's fearless and prideful, seeming to forget her size from time to time... which is why she hangs out with the big guys. With a scathing tongue, she's made several enemies, but with a charming one, she's made several friends and protectors.
Though she is very cunning and two-faced, she doesn't like owing someone whether it is money or a favor. If she owes you her life, you can ask for anything and she'll get it or do it for you. Be careful. She doesn't understand that everyone doesn't live by those morals. If you owe her, expect a call at some point. Relationships mean nothing. Once she stops owing you, she'll just as likely shoot you or... sell you.

Backstory: Fex was a common worker for a chemical weapons factory when there was an accident which resulted in her scars. When she couldn't work for there anymore because her movement in her left hand was impeded by the burns, she left the planet, realizing it was easier to sell to beings that weren't as tightfisted as her brethren.
Yeah, she did have a family, but she couldn't have sold them for a jar of air (though she would sell them if anyone would buy). She forgot them years ago.
Now, she's a big name in the gambling world, having several ties to the black market. She would play on both sides of the conflict, but a few months ago a Shredder saved her from a Kryon and asked her to give him vengeance with his dying breath. Caught with her own set of morals, Fex has been searching for that specific Kryon as she's been running her own gambling business. It hasn't been going well since she only knows the Kryon's face and nothing more.

Strengths and weaknesses: Fex's biggest weakness would be her height and strength or rather, her lack of said traits. This wouldn't be so awful if she wasn't so outspoken and brave which can be a good thing... if she's not about to be eaten. Another weakness would be her conscience and morals. She feels too slimy if she owes someone, so whoever it is and whatever they want, she'll get it. Her greatest strength would be the people she knows. She knows some of the dirtiest people in the universe, and they often happen to be the most powerful. You want something under the table? Ask Fex. You want someone to disappear? Ask Fex. You want to begin a rebellion. Ask Fex. She's also sly and very quiet.

Military? What rank: N/A

Social class: Middle Class
Last edited by megsug on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Test

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:50 am
AlmondEyes says...

Spoiler! :
Still fiddling with it, but i'll get it right.

Name:Leah Blackheart

Race:Elf

Clan Allegiance (if any):Doesn't really have one, but if asked will say Muorrok.

Antagonist or Protagonist?Protagonist

Appearance: (Be descriptive, pictures are ok.):Leah is 6'1 tall with flawless honey colored skin and long blood read hair that off sets her startling white eyes. The freckles sprinkled on her nose and cheekbones make her seem friendly, but don't let that fool you. She has a scar under her right eye that stop at her jaw line. There are other scars on her body, but those are from training with her dad. Leah has and Yin Yang tattoo that flows up the side of her right hip and a crescent moon tattoo that curves around her navel. She also has a Willow Tree that covers her back, dripping blood and tears, dedicated to those who have fallen to the Kryons. You'll usually see her in all black with throwing knives and small sliver daggers strapped to her thighs and covered in a black cloak unless in uniform.

Personality:She's a sweet, caring and loyal person, though not very trusting. She doesn't take crap from anybody and has no problem with being blunt. She tells it like it is and isn't afraid to set someone straight if she thinks they need it. You respect her, she respects you. It's that simple. She's doesn't take well to threats, and especially if it's towards anyone she loves. She's fiercely protective. She doesn't let her fear get the best of her, because she sees that emotion as useless, and for the most part, she keeps her emotions under control. She's not stupid. She see through everyone crap and is very intuitive. Lying to her wouldn't be very smart. She can always tell when someone's lying. She always keep calm under pressure. Pissing off is not the way to go either. She always sticks up for people who can't or won't do it for themselves, which is why she has so many people on her side. She's very smart, and more stubborn than an unbroken mustang. For the most part, Leah is a quiet person. She likes to sit and observe. She's just curious that way, and can be quite the slick little thing. She hates people with weak hand shakes, and sees people as weak when they don't look her in they eyes. Most people are startled by them, which does make that a challenge. They've been known to glow like white fire when she's feeling any kind of intense emotion.

Backstory:Luna grew up around fighting and violence, so she's used to it. Her dad taught her how to defend herself from a young age, and she was a quick learner. She was always good when it came to anything physical. She excelled in hand to hand combat and archery. Not one person could ever beat her. At a young age Luna found she had a natural talent for making potions and poisons, which she used to her advantage. She's made quite the name for herself, which is how she's made such powerful friends. She's unnaturally strong for her race, and fast. Like her twin brother Liam. She loves flowers. Her favorite is the Tiger Lily. Her mother had a garden where she would always go to clear her mind. Her mother was the kind of person everyone went to for something beautiful. Her mother always taught her to mend as well as to destroy. Her mother taught her to become a healer, which she is quite skilled at. When she was old enough, she joined the military and became one of the most well known women to enlist for her experience in combat and medicine.

Strengths and weaknesses:She hates when people touch her. It usually ends with someone getting something broken. She never backs down, and she doesn't let others disrespect her people, which is why they're so loyal. She treats them with respect she expects them to give her. She gives them the courage and inspiration they need to fight the Kryons. She's very fast, and agile, and can move as if gliding on air. Quick and efficient.

Military? What rank:Captain. She was put in charge of the "Dawn Treader" (Yes the I stole the name from Narnia), a ship whose last captain didn't take too kindly to, which is how Leah got the scar under her eye. She's been heading up the position for the last few years and no one has ever done a better job.

Social class:Upper class, but doesn't show it.

other: Is up for love, but doesn't think there's anyone out there who can handle her. ;)
Last edited by AlmondEyes on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

43 Reviews

Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:51 am
AlmondEyes says...

I have no idea why the print is so small.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:19 pm
KingLucifer says...

Spoiler! :
Third attempt at this profile.

Name: Za "Captain Loreley" Blacksung

Race: Half Elf, Half Human

Clan Allegiance (if any): Muorrok Colony

Antagonist or Protagonist? Varies

Appearance: (Be descriptive, pictures are ok.): Her ears are not as long as normal elves, not as small as normal humans, her teal eyes give a beautiful softness to normally rough features. She has grayish skin with a scar going down the right side of her face, and another scar on her hand that looks like it used to be a deep knife wound. She wears black combat boots with a knife stapped to her inner left leg, a vertical black striped blouse, with a solid black loose pants to allow free movement.

Personality: (Be descriptive, 50 words min.): Za can be mean but only when she needs to be, her very presence commands respect from even the most uncival of people. Her, she's a battle hardened warrior who has basically seen it all, from Child and Animal Abuse to friends killing one another for some lavish reward promised to them. But when some novice solider steps up and stands up to her, she'll just look them in the eye and laugh at the courage they would command against her.

Backstory: (Be descriptive, 50 words min.): Za grew up on a hell torn planet that came under the attack of the Kryon soon after the human empire fell, she was one of the children on the planet, she was just after birth, Za barely remembers her parents due to them sarcaficing there life for her. The planets people fought there hardest against the Kryon, only to be defeated, in a last ditch effort to save her and the children of the planet they were all put into an escape shuttle and were sent off to the furthest planet away from the under attack planet. The shuttle was eventually found in outer orbit on the planet inhabited by the Muorrok Colony, those on the Colony found that her home planet had fallen.

Years and years later, Za had turned 300 years old, and had become a high ranking officer in the Muorrok Colony Military. She was given her own ship, which was built to hold a small army, she had deemed the ship The Loreley, and with some expertly trained warriors she departed the Coloney leaving it's military behind so she may go seacrch for answers. Over the next hundred years she recruited people to her ship, at first she had started out with only a crew of a hundred, that hundred grew into nearly five hundred. All the men and women on her ship have enough training and guns to take on three Kryon Ships, Za herself has become a legend in the Muorrok Colony.

Strengths and weaknesses: Za is a brillant military captain and stratagist, but she is also prone to having her emotions impair her judgement. She has horrible flashbacks of her military life, where she losts some very dear friends to the Kryon, she's lost a lover to then, and to her, it's personal.

Military? What rank: Former Military Captain

Social class: Looks low class, but is really Top Class.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

56 Reviews

Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:49 pm
methrirr123 says...

We'll go over whether or not Za knows sledge, being a fellow Muorrok captain who, as I've noticed, has alot in common with him.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:28 pm
KingLucifer says...

I was thinking she does, and are good friends with each other. Za is a legend in the Colony so chances are at one point or another they would have met on Military business.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

43 Reviews

Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:00 am
AlmondEyes says...

Sorry about that. I read the profile after posting mine, but im not changing it. It took me too long to do my profile. Sorry.

56 Reviews

Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:19 am
methrirr123 says...

I hope you've got a clear idea as to how you're going to make bows and arrows seem futuristic, Janika ;)

43 Reviews

Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:34 am
AlmondEyes says...

She likes it old fashion. What can I say? And were you talking about me right? Plus, I still need to do some tweaking. I'd feel like a schmuck if you weren't talking about Leah...

56 Reviews

Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:43 pm
methrirr123 says...

If we get a few more people, maybe even an antagonist, we can get started with the actual stories.

43 Reviews

Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:26 am
AlmondEyes says...

Go to chat rooms and promote!!!

43 Reviews

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:07 am
AlmondEyes says...

Go to chat rooms and promote!!!

Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen.
— Leonardo da Vinci