z

Young Writers Society

Masked Resistance vs Aradian Tyranny DT

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:32 pm
Caesar says...

AriaAdams wrote:Um... I am on the side of the Crown, but I couldn't keep silent.. I'd say every smart rebel that wants to win, or at least any that hopes to survive the rebellion, should know that he can never let himself feel he can walk the streets safely.
Especially if they know that the Crown knows of the Resistance and is preparing to take certain actions.
But again, I wouldn't know if all the rebels are smart or want to survive :mrgreen:

Shhhh, don't give them any ideas Of course. I was just covering my bases.

kayfortnight wrote:Kjolir probably couldn't walk the streets anyway...how does the crown feel about Abnormals? Like, if they didn't know about him absorbing his girlfriend's powers three years ago, would they have an issue with him?

The Crown has no problems with Abnormals, actually. Aria forgets, the Crown is not only limited to the castle. There are plenty of offices and edifices around Aradia. In fact, Abnormals are welcomed to register themselves at designated offices. They are then held to wear a particular uniform (can be altered at their discretion, as long as it is long-sleeved and comes with gloves), which is marked by a brightly colored A, clearly visible. Now, they may or may not like this depending on their character, but that's about it. They have the same rights as any other citizen of Aradia. In fact, the Crown has certain particular job offers open for willing Abnormals.

LoyalHeart wrote: Please, Garnet is ten times more dangerous than Anair because she's more well trained, and if your not an Ashtaroth, then she is as likely to kill you, as to help you.

Jake doesn't like Garnet's occasional killing sprees, remember. :P
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:41 pm
KingLucifer says...

But Garnet loves to kill as she pleases, and will do it for the smallest reasons. Don't worry Ita it'll only be out of self defense and creepy people who try to capture her.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

289 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:51 pm
Caesar says...

That does not constitute an effective reason for her to kill as she pleases, trust me.

Even then, there exists such things as maiming and/or disabling.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:03 pm
crossroads says...

LoyalHeart wrote:Please, Garnet is ten times more dangerous than Anair because she's more well trained, and if your not an Ashtaroth, then she is as likely to kill you, as to help you.

I said it once and am saying it again, don't treat Anair like a weak little girl and underestimate her abilities (or wits for that matter). The fact that she's not showing any of it inside the Castle only means that she doesn't see the reason to do so. I didn't make her to oppose Garnet nor I have it planned, but she will prove what I'm saying here is true.

Ita, yes. I went with the assumption that the question was wether Abnormals would be welcomed in the Castle, and, well, I had no idea about how the other places under the jurisdiction of the Crown work.
I was wondering, is there the old SB still around? I'd like to take a look and see if there's anything of importance that I should be aware of ^^

Also, I may be making another character. Even though some of my ideas for him were too.. Extravagant.. I still feel like making him (a bit changed, of course). So when I do, you'll probably get a PM about those jobs for Abnormals that you mentioned :smt001
(Though I totally do have one in mind already)
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

50 Reviews

Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:13 pm
KingLucifer says...

I know you haven't Anair and Jake are the only two who would never see Garnets loose cannon morals, cause as I've said in one of my posts as Garnet, "You don't betray family." and she stands true to those words with her father and half-sister.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

50 Reviews

Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:16 pm
KingLucifer says...

Wow, Veri totally ignored my post..

289 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:04 pm
Caesar says...

Excuse me, Veni.

There is simply no way Jake will allow a captain of the guard to vanish, let alone join the rebels. The captains are all checked and screened. And there is no way your character would become a captain, with her background. It is simply not what Jake would do.

I can't believed I only now noticed.

117 Reviews

Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:13 pm
crossroads says...

Also she can't be the captain, Garnet killed the captain, didn't she?
- they/them -

289 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:15 pm
Caesar says...

There is only one captain, after all.

117 Reviews

Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:21 pm
crossroads says...

Actually, I did wonder how comes you didn't say anything about it before.. I figured you're ok with it, for some reason ^^
- they/them -

289 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:35 pm
Caesar says...

I must have not noticed or forgotten o.,o I fail so hard xD

289 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:26 pm
Caesar says...

And again, PhantomSnake.

Anaki couldn't have walked through the main gates, obviously. There is a servant's entrance, but that is a)locked during hours b) leads to a crowded scullery, which leads to a busy kitchen. A guard probably could not have sneaked in during hours. The castle is completely closed after hours.

Yeeeah, I should mention these things before, I know.

117 Reviews

Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:19 pm
crossroads says...

LouisCypher wrote:And again, PhantomSnake.

Anaki couldn't have walked through the main gates, obviously. There is a servant's entrance, but that is a)locked during hours b) leads to a crowded scullery, which leads to a busy kitchen. A guard probably could not have sneaked in during hours. The castle is completely closed after hours.

Yeeeah, I should mention these things before, I know.

The hours?
How about you make a nice detailed description of the Castle grounds and tell us all about how stuff work, so everyone knows? So no one makes a mistake and has to change post anymore ;)
- they/them -

289 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:22 pm
Caesar says...

xD That is an excellent idea. I'll get on it soon enough.

Staff works between five am and ten pm. They have the rest of the day, or night, off. Less staff works on Sundays, but there are more guards around. Jake usually isn't at the castle on Sundays either. Before five am all gates and doors are locked. When all the staff has entered, the staff entrance is closed and locked, the key kept by the Butler. You do not want to mess with the Butler. You really do not want to.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:27 pm
Redfang18 says...

People, the idea is to find loopholes in the system. Double I, quit ruining the mood of the story. If you keep pigeon-holing the SB, the idea of using loopholes goes down the drain. I won't tolerate people making "perfect" security for a fortress such as Castle Aradia. There are flaws and loopholes in every system, no matter how hard you try to make it otherwise. Ya got that?
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

The most important thing is to preserve the world we live in. Unless people understand and learn about our world, habitats, and animals, they won't understand that if we don't protect those habitats, we'll eventually destroy ourselves.
— Jack Hanna