Young Writers Society

The Lost Ones DT

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:32 pm
View Likes
JabberHut says...

Unless they made an attempt to study their character! Something would probably stick. something. *something* Maybe that something will just be, "I can't be a doctor. I don't have a stethoscope!"

That would be hysterical, Lauren. xD
I make my own policies.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:27 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

I really like they idea of a medical expert -- perhaps the actor playing that character can be a method actor - in preparation, he/she read up on sciencey stuff, but then we'll go over a breaking point which calls for knowledge beyond what the actor has? Who wants to be that person?

When we start this, we'll already all know each other because we've hung out together on the sightseeing trip and filmed part of the movie in the states- we're just going to the Amazon to finish filming, so we're in a false sense of security right now.

And Stella, all of those ideas sound fantastic. At some point this week I'm going to do some research regarding the different types of animals in the Amazon.

Can't wait to start this!!

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:36 pm
View Likes
Lauren2010 says...

Parker volunteers himself to be that person. He's the kind of person who almost *has* to be a method actor. xD
Got YWS?

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:19 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Don't worry, Archie is too in love with himself to be in love with Theo!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:11 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Oh GOOD, otherwise we'd have an issue of Kirk syndrome. Otherwise I'm finding this whole thing hilarious.

Oh oh oh and Parker should discover curare leaves and we can make poison darts. Because Stella had to learn about curare leaves and poison darts in medical school so it's something our medical expert should totes know about. They're basically short term paralytics, might be useful against any attackers (whether human or animal).

Also I was wondering about the characters in the movie and who they should be. I think James should be super earnest and the equivalent of the high school quarterback character were this a high school movie, you know? A bit dumb. The Big Guy. I can't see Theo ever taking any characters that are too different from himself tbh. He's typecast, and he likes it :P
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:49 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Archie might fall for Hannah. Just a warning ;)
Writing Gooder

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:50 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Can whoever hasn't posted a second time please post before I move on and introduce the director? :)

-- Walt Disney

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:30 am
Elinor says...

Sorry for the double post, but we're about to move on to the campsite. Each person has their own small trailer, but they're all small and kind of sketchy:

Spoiler! :

Pollux has his own trailer somewhat removed from the campsite that no one has ever been in, and there's a small pavilion in the center with benches for everyone to gather/eat meals.

-- Walt Disney

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:20 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

Sorry for not having posted in the SB recently. I have been really busy. I should get out a post in the next few days, but if I don't, I want do a time skip that evening as everyone is going to bed. If anyone wants to post, they're welcome to!

-- Walt Disney

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:53 am
View Likes
Lauren2010 says...

Soooo upon writing my post it became clear to me we should have a compilation of short descriptions of the characters our characters are playing. Nothing too detailed, and just for offhand comments in scenes where they're filming the movie and we need to know basic stuff about the characters in the film.

Here's Parker's:

Clarke McCauley - Cross country (running) captain; the least jock-y of all the jocks, but still ranks fairly high on the social ladder. Basically, he's not disliked but he's not the captain of the football team. Gets fairly decent grades, fairly decent action with the ladies, and is just all around a good guy. Was a scout once upon a time, and has fairly basic survival/first aid knowledge.
Got YWS?

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:16 pm
Elinor says...

I feel like people are losing interest in this, and I don't want this to happen. :/ Does anyone want to brainstorm ideas that we could do? I was thinking they could get a few miles into the shoot before they try to high-tail it out and escape, and that's when they find the Jeep. The cast (except for maybe Jabber and Heather) has discovered what's going to happen to them, and after being captured by Pollux, he reveals his true colors.

-- Walt Disney

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:11 pm
Rydia says...

Tyson Donahue

Tyson's a pushy guy but when push comes to shove, he's a pacifist and he's all words and no action. He doesn't get good grades, but he's good at sport and he's a loyal friend. He's always talking about all of the amazing things he's going to do, but is stuck where he is because his dad's a waste of space and he has to work a Saturday job to help support his mum and sister. Tyson's perfect for the competition because his whole life has been about surviving his violent ole' man.
Writing Gooder

I wish literally anything else I ever said made it into the quote generator.
— CowLogic