Reviews: 1260
Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:03 am
Elinor says...

Main thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=96138

All discussion of the SB goes here.

--
Alice's profile:

Full Name: Alice Caroline Adams
Appearance: She possessed the same dark hair, pale skin, and wide blue eyes of her family, but when she went into modeling she cut it short because she felt it a better expression of her personality. She was tall and fit, and always seen as a very beautiful person.

Spoiler! :

Personality: Alice was a month from turning nineteen when she was murdered. Even though she grew up very rich, she was modest and people found it very hard to hate her. She could make her family feel at ease when times were hard. Even in the last year of her life when she became a model and singer and was starting to become known throughout Los Angeles, she never felt like she was different from anyone else.

Background: As a young girl and teenager Alice lived a very quiet life, going to school, helping take care of her younger sisters. From an early age she had a passion for singing and her friends knew her to be quite good. However, she never felt like pursuing it until she was discovered and asked to be a model. When her coworkers found out that she could sing, she started giving a few performances at concert halls. Everyone thought she was headed for a great career until her untimely death.

Other: She's dead. A good one was lost.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:11 am
JabberHut says...

Post for notes!
I make my own policies.

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:14 am
Loller65 says...

Posting for notifications, y'all.
"There are no absolute rules of conduct, either in peace or war. Everything depends on circumstances."

-Leon Trotsky-

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:09 pm
Rydia says...

Yo.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:21 pm
Elinor says...

Hi everyone! Once Disk posts their profile, everyone's profiles will be up and we can start discussion of the storybook. At some point today you will receive a PM from me with your piece of what you know of Alice's murder. I'm aiming to start this on Friday. We're going to start three days after Alice's death. Everyone will write an intro post for their character and from there we'll get things moving. If anyone has any questions or ideas for character relationships, post them here so we can right into the action come Friday. I will also be writing a short bio for Alice and editing that into the main post of this thread, so keep an eye out for that.

Please be a committed and active participant in this storybook! If for any reason you're going to be gone or don't think you will be able to post, let me know.

-- Walt Disney

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:38 pm
thestorygirl says...

Checking in!
Nella vita vi è la distruzione, desolazione nella morte, ma c'è speranza nella rivoluzione.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:04 pm
Rydia says...

Mission read and understood. :D
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:35 pm
View Likes
BenFranks says...

Love it - and eager to get this going.

On a side note, this music has been lovely to write to so I'm sharing it with all of you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHjpOzsQ9YI

Dubstep violin for the win, as it were.

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:23 pm
View Likes
Loller65 says...

So wait... according to the PM you sent me, it was the butler in the study with the candelabra?
"There are no absolute rules of conduct, either in peace or war. Everything depends on circumstances."

-Leon Trotsky-

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:39 am
thestorygirl says...

I have a question. Is the murderer an NPC or one of us?
Nella vita vi è la distruzione, desolazione nella morte, ma c'è speranza nella rivoluzione.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:44 am
Elinor says...

It's one of us. You know who you are though, but please don't discuss your piece of the puzzle I just sent you with anyone else, because that will take away from the mystery.

-- Walt Disney

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:36 am
View Likes
Threnody says...

Hey, checking in!
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:53 am
View Likes
DiskElemental says...

Here.
A man without a plan, or anything else for that matter. (Except a review thread).

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:58 pm
Elinor says...

Hi everyone! So, the first post in this storybook will go up on Friday. Here's a rough outline of how things will start out:

August 7th, 1934 - 3 days after Alice's murder

- Because JabberHut told me she's going to be out of town this weekend, just Loller65 will come over to the Adams' estate to ask Clara, Isabel and their parents questions about the lost member of their family and what they might know about the murder.

- After JabberHut returns, Loller65 will return to the police station and report what he's learned to Jabs (his superior).

- We'll see what's going on with the Mafia, and they will make contact with Mr. Adams.

That's pretty much all I have for right now; we'll see then where the plot and the characters take us.

Anyone have any other ideas? Now would be a great time to share them.

-- Walt Disney

The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.
— Alvin Toffler