Young Writers Society

Tomb of Evandor DT

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:50 pm
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

Go ahead and take the next post Italian. Leave room for me to respond, and I'll get the Grey Mansion party moving toward the meeting place.

Redfang, Lothbrok, and Rydia, I need your to manever your characters plot lines so that they have a reason to be part of the expedition. From barefoot's post, it seems like Sarah has been sending invites. Perhaps you could also have invites?
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

863 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:10 am
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

Another thing to consider is that we're going to have to do some plotting for the meeting itself. Suggestions?

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:19 am
View Likes
guineapiggirl says...

Could I have a place still? So annoyed I didn't spot this storybook earlier!

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:31 pm
View Likes
Caesar says...

Ah, sorry, it seems I inadvertently created room for barefootrunner more than anything.

I can edit, or you still do have room to take over, Grif. Your call.

And a for the meeting itself, once Sarah explains the situation, she could also introduce the other members and schedule a meeting with the others, as Blackjack is already there and Astrid seems to be on her way.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:52 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

At the meeting, Astrid is probably going to ask what they're really doing as she thinks the search for Evandor might be a cover for something else. But she's not about to bail when she finds out different: as long as she's getting paid, she doesn't care if some rich person wants to go on a fruitless quest.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:02 pm
View Likes
Redfang18 says...

Aqua could join in, if he was asked to. The explorers could use an aquatic expert like him, as long as he wasn't told to kill anyone. He'll fight, but not to kill.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

863 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:38 pm
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

guineapiggirl wrote:Could I have a place still? So annoyed I didn't spot this storybook earlier!

All I require is that you
  • Read the story posts up to this point.
  • Read the DT posts.
  • Post a character profile

Once I okay the profile, you can start posting.

304 Reviews

Reviews: 304
Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:09 pm
View Likes
barefootrunner says...

Okay, shall I let Sarah catalyse the meeting by the dock? Is there anything anyone particularly wants to have done except everything aforementioned in the DT?

So far:
Sarah pitches with Septimus, Pelleas and Harold, dragging Prawn and Moss by the ears, explains the purpose of the expedition at prompting by Astrid, settles a fee etc. Then they need to get a time for setting off. The next day, I suppose. Or should it be on the very same afternoon?
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" - Einstein

32 Reviews

Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:33 pm
View Likes
Redfang18 says...

What? Nobody's gonna ask Aqua to join in? That doesn't sound fair to me.

~~~Les Miserables

304 Reviews

Reviews: 304
Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:35 pm
View Likes
barefootrunner says...

Course! Aqua's part of it. Did he get an invite, or will he come unexpectedly? If so, by what impressive feat or act will he be introduced?
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" - Einstein

863 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:56 pm
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

I have an idea, but I don't have the time to explain it atm. So, don't do anything rash until I get a chance to explain it.

32 Reviews

Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:01 pm
View Likes
Redfang18 says...

Ya won't know he's a dragon until he gets in deep water. He could look for anything in the ocean, considering that it's pearl season. If you need something or someone to swim ahead and see what's goin' on, Aqua's your dragon. However, he can't go dragon on land. Only in deep water. That won't stop him from using his special pearl to bend shallow water to his will.

~~~Les Miserables

863 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:05 pm
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

Okay, the first order of business is the meeting itself.

It's pretty straight forward. The characters will meet in a tavern, but rather than talking about it in the tavern proper, it will be discussed in a private meeting room, adjoining the tavern. Once everyone is in and comfortable, the meeting can begin.

The next order of business is the actual plan of action. At this point, they all know that their destination is the Waterfall City of Evandor. What isn't known is where it is or how they'll get there.

Due to the number of sailors in our company, I think it makes sense for Evandor to be located on a large tropical island, far out from the coast. Blackjack provides the ship and crew, Sarah provides the map and instructions. In addition to the crew, Sarah has brought on a security team, as insurance against any hostile forces. This team has been selected for their particular skills.

• Aquarius for his deep water combat abilities.
  • Harold, for his healing capabilities. (Pell is included by extension.)
  • Septimus for his sailing skills and immense magical powers.
  • Astrid, for her particular accuracy with a bow as well as her excellent combat skills. Her father is included by extension for similar reasons.

The extra security is because they will have to travel through waters which are frequented by pirates. They are the primary threat, but sea monsters may also be present, and there is always the sea itself.

It should be noted that the map itself is written in an ancient language, which only Sarah is able to understand.

Some interesting plot lines could form around the pirates. One possibility is to have Sarah be kidnapped by pirates, some of whom have secretly listened in on their meeting. While aboard, Sarah could meet guineapig's character, who might also be another prisoner. In the subsequent battle, the crew of the Princess take over the pirate ship, and rescue the two, adding to the adventure.

Another possibility is that the crew rescues the surviving crew of a pirate ship that was attacked by a sea monster, which is grateful enough to help them navigate the uncharted waters. Guineapig's character could also board the ship that way, if she hasn't found a way on earlier.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:09 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

This all sounds good to me. I haven't much to add but wanted to stop by and give a thumbs up.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:16 am
View Likes
guineapiggirl says...

Thanks! Thinking on my character tonight- profile tomorrow!
I loved your last (I think) storybook- the one with the dragon and the princess. I really enjoyed it. Shame it died...
So, I think I might be some sort of sailor as well then.

Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door.
— Kyle Chandler