z

Young Writers Society

Once Upon A Time DT

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:22 am
View Likes
PixieStix says...

It does, doesn't it? Argh. We'll think of something...
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:29 am
View Likes
Ranger51 says...

Yeah, it's Rumpelstiltskin in the shows, but if it comes down to it we could invent a character. Maybe someone who used to be really popular, but then went crazy or something(thus the prince-to-beast transition), although I guess that sounds kind of lame... Hm.

Jaden: Maybe, but I don't think he'd do it on a dare - he doesn't really care what others think of him, remember? He'd need a reason to steal it - what would make him think it worth his while to steal a book, though?
"We need not to be let alone. We need to be really bothered once in a while. How long is it since you were really bothered? About something important, about something real?"
-Fahrenheit 451

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:03 pm
View Likes
*coco says...

Okay guys, so I've done some thinking and I feel like it would be better for Mr.Gold gives the book to Snow White because in the TV show he pushes Emma in the same direction - so it's almost like he wants her to know the truth. In terms of what Jay can steal from Regina instead of the book, I've come up with a few ideas:

- the genie lamp (Regina could have maybe one wish left over which she's been keeping for the right moment, Jay could then use that wish to maybe find out the truth),

- the poisonous apple (in the TV show Regina made a big deal about the apple because she needed it to kill Snow, so if Jay has it, Regina won't be pleased)

- the key to the dragons dungeon (self-explanatory really, with dragons on your side your pretty much sorted),

- the key to Regina's father's crypt (where she keeps all her 'hearts')

So those are the ideas BUT if you guys still think the book is the best option, that's okay with me. Jay would need a reason though!

And Pixie: I was watching 'Beastly' the other day, it's like the modern take on Beauty and the Beast and I had an idea. What if Beast is some popular kid [insert name] who got badly scarred in an accident and refuses to go to school because he's scared he's going to be bullied/ Belle's dad owes the Beast's dad money but Belle strikes a deal saying she'll tutor the Beast to pay off her dads debts, the Beasts dad agrees. Then, while she's teaching the Beast, she turns him into a nice person and they fall in love. How's that?
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

53 Reviews

Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:17 pm
View Likes
Ranger51 says...

Ooh, I like your ideas. I think one of the keys would be good, but I'm not sure which. I think I'm leaning towards the key to the crypt, though - that would be SO fun (for me, not Jay; Jay would probably flip). Plus it would really motivate him against Regina. I want to hear from everyone else before I decide, though.

And there's still the problem of motive... perhaps he'd somehow find out Regina is hiding something, and then somehow end up in her mansion and steal the key so he could try to find out what's going on... hmm.
"We need not to be let alone. We need to be really bothered once in a while. How long is it since you were really bothered? About something important, about something real?"
-Fahrenheit 451

125 Reviews

Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:01 pm
View Likes
PixieStix says...

I love all these Ideas guys, this is gonna be amazing.

And coco: I love that idea. First though, I'll have to wait 'till Bella and Rose get closer. I think I should get they're friendship done first.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:13 pm
View Likes
Sunshine says...

Stupid hail that cut off Internet. :( I feel so out of things!

Well, my idea on the beast is actually a fairytale double-up- but since they did that in the show too... Anyway, I'm thinking that Rose could also be the beast- I know, she's a girl and therefore romance is ninety-six percent unlikely- but who says we can't gender bend characters? Her name is Rose and she hasn't exactly been very -erm- good. I like coco's idea as well, but somehow think this would be interesting....

Woolfie finding book and Rose selling it approved! The only question is where would he find it?
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:21 pm
View Likes
Jaden G. says...

It seems like we're thinking of what Jay could do before we really get into the mystery of the book. What if his whole stealing thing happens after Ebony gets the book and the mystery is well on its way? That would give him some motivation to find what Regina's hiding. Ranger, do you want him to play this part before the book catalyst or after?

Also probably not a good idea to go into the dragon's dungeon. She's Malificent and you know how she is. XD

Sunshine: In the park near the old broken down junglegym? It's where Henry likes to hide it in the show.
"Oh please don't tell me you're archaeologists."

"Do you have a problem with archaeologists?"

"I'm a time traveler. I laugh at archaeologists."

~Doctor Who

125 Reviews

Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:01 pm
View Likes
PixieStix says...

AH! So much ideas. I like yours too, Sunshine, but I'm not so sure. I think we'll have to ask coco about that.

But, I was thinking the rose that Bella got at her door, was sent by whoever the Beast is going to be. Just a start. But we're still doing the friendship and figuring out friendships with Rose and Bella for sure, just to get the story going. What do you think coco? I mean, like what Sunshine said, it would add a little twist to the story apart from the show, but, I just thought I'd put that out there for future reference.

130 Reviews

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:05 pm
View Likes
*coco says...

I don't mind either way, but like Sunshine says romance would definitely be off the cards in that case, it would have to be just a very good friendship that brings out the best in Rose.

Let's keep up with the posts, guys! We have so many wonderful ideas, let's crack on with them!
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

53 Reviews

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:27 pm
View Likes
Ranger51 says...

Jaden: Hm... well, I figure finding a bunch of hearts is likely to be a catalyst in and of itself. I'm not sure when the best time for that would be... I think I can do either, but I'd prefer it be before Jay is aware that there's anything supernatural going on, so before would be best if it's convenient. That would certainly be more fun, too, since it would be completely unexpected...

One thing I'm wondering: how does he get the key? He'd need to end up in the governor's mansion or something, but what would bring him there?

I know I'm not really part of this, but Rose doesn't seem very beastly to me, just a little untamed... just my two cents, though; I'm not part of it.
-Fahrenheit 451

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:45 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Perhaps Leigh could end up being the reason he's in her house? I was thinking that a fun side plot might be that it's coming up to the time to re-vote the Mayor into her office and in order to be sure of her votes, she's blackmailing a few people, including Leigh's father. I thought she could have a document that tells of a past event he wanted to hide/ exaggerates a past event.

Maybe Jasmine could overhear her parents talking about it and of course she wants to defend her father's honour and give him the opportunity to vote how he wants (at the end of all this, Regina would still win her office back, but perhaps feel a little less stable).

So Leigh would ask Jay to help but not tell him what they were really after/ why. She'd make up a story and say the document was about who her father really was and that the mayor was keeping it from her. Then they could find the document in a secret drawer and the key could be there as well and Jay instinctively takes it?
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

53 Reviews

Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:01 pm
View Likes
Ranger51 says...

Ooh, I really like that idea! Alright, I was going in a different direction of Jay getting arrested, but that's much more interesting! I'll definitely go with that!
-Fahrenheit 451

130 Reviews

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:49 am
View Likes
*coco says...

Guys, I'm going to be ending the day pretty soon so if anyone has a post they want to make before that then please get it done asap.

Thanks!

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:08 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

I really need to post for Fin, apologies, I've been swamped this week, but I'll get it done when I finish work tonight!
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

130 Reviews

Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:24 pm
View Likes
*coco says...

That's fine, I'll wait until then.

Nothing says criminal activity like strong bones. ;)
— Magebird