z

Young Writers Society

Once Upon A Time DT

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:15 am
Jaden G. says...

Would it be okay if I wrote for Henry occasionally? Just to keep the plot going.
"Oh please don't tell me you're archaeologists."

"Do you have a problem with archaeologists?"

"I'm a time traveler. I laugh at archaeologists."

~Doctor Who

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:20 am
*coco says...

Yeah, sure! I'll write for him time to time too, to show his home life especially
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:22 pm
Sunshine says...

We need a kick off of some sort to get the thought rolling on the wh, I think.ole 'Fairy Tale' thing, I think.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

130 Reviews

Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:23 pm
*coco says...

What does everyone think?
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

19 Reviews

Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:47 pm
Jaden G. says...

I was thinking we could bring the book into play. I know this is only a spin off, but the book is pretty central to the show. We don't necessarily need 'the savior' of the fairytale world. The book could have magical properties that can break the curse if used right.

Maybe Regina could have it locked away in the attic and either Henry or Ebony could find it. Or it's burried somewhere under the old playground, where hopefully no one will find it...

~Doctor Who

130 Reviews

Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:17 pm
*coco says...

That is an awesome idea Jaden, I love it!

19 Reviews

Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:24 pm
Jaden G. says...

So Rydia... outside of her home, Jasmine pretends to be a boy (Leigh), right?

~Doctor Who

130 Reviews

Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:40 pm
*coco says...

So I've had a couple of ideas too, let me know what you guys think:

For Cinderella's character, I thought about her eventual relationship with Henry and how Regina (obviously) is going to be super against it. I was thinking she finds out that Henry might have a thing for her so she hires two women to run the laundromat to keep an eye on Cindy and make sure she stays away from Henry (in the Fairy Tale world they would be Cindy's 'ugly step-sisters', but in the real world they can just be two random women who are mean).

And with Snow, I was thinking maybe she could eventually run away from home - maybe after she finds out about Regina's dark secret. Regina suspects her and is scared Snow will expose the secret so she makes her apple pie :wink: but obviously Snow doesn't eat it, instead she makes a run for it. While on the run, she runs into a group of miners (the 'seven dwarves') who have no idea who she is. Snow pretends that she's just some lost orphan with no family (which is kind've true, I suppose) and these miners take pity on her and let her stay with them. In the meantime, Regina sends Sheriff Graham (the 'huntsman') to find and kill her, and if he doesn't, then Regina promises to kill David.

So what do you guys think? This is obviously going to happen slowly, but I wanted to add more of the Fairy Tale storyline into it.

19 Reviews

Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:53 pm
Jaden G. says...

Sound good. But Regina is way too coniving to outright command Graham to kill Snow. Maybe just arrest her and that will give Regina some more time to think of a way to kill her while looking like an accident?

Could one of those miners (coughleroygrumpycough) have a part time gig as the High School's janitor?

~Doctor Who

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:51 pm
Rydia says...

That's right Jaden!

And all sounding pretty cool to me coco :)
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

130 Reviews

Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:28 am
*coco says...

As always love that idea Jaden, and very good point too. So 'Grumpy' can have a good role in this.

Keep posting guys so we can get to these interesting bits!

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:12 am
StellaThomas says...

Actually, in reference to the show, the bits I love are when we see the paralells in the fairytale world, the flash-sideways if you will. I'd love to see some of those as the storybgoes on.

Heather I was thinking about Fin and Leigh and had an idea that Leigh is dared or has an initiation or something which means she has to break into Thelma Godwin-Fin's mother's- house. Leigh climbs up to Fin's window not knowing that that's where she lives. Fin recognises Leigh and promises to keep it a secret on the condition that she helps Fin escape and lets her run with the gang. Thoughts?
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:31 am
View Likes
Rydia says...

I like that idea Stella! I could even have her fail a few times first as well, it would be like the arrow retrieval exercise that Mulan has to complete to prove herself to the other soldiers!

So I like very much and I shall post either later today or tomorrow :)
Writing Gooder

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:23 am
Ranger51 says...

Shoot! I forgot to check into the dt! *headdesk headdesk* I like all these ideas. What about Jay? I feel like he should do something to get Regina looking for him and going after him (she could replace the King in the parallel story or something).

Also. What's this deal with the golden arrow? I think it would be kind of cool if it was actually real, but had something to do with the fairy tale. That might start some of the characters towards the reality of the curse.

And one more thing - I think that, maybe sometime in the distant future, Jay might find out Leigh's secret identity and like her? Like a romance? What do you think, Rydia - do you have other plans, or are you up for a distant romance between Jay and Jasmine?
"We need not to be let alone. We need to be really bothered once in a while. How long is it since you were really bothered? About something important, about something real?"
-Fahrenheit 451

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:32 am
Rydia says...

I hadn't really thought the golden arrow quest through but it could certainly be a real item and maybe help them in their quest later. I was thinking that Robin Hood had been the archer, naturally :)

Also, I'll hopefully be able to post tonight, whooo!

As for a Jay/ Jasmine romance, I'm very up for that, sounds like a good plan to me.
Writing Gooder

There has never been a sadness not cured by breakfast food.
— Ron, Parks & Rec