z

Young Writers Society

Ameruld League. The Experiment. DT

Reviews: 0
Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:25 am
LunaHalfLacy says...

Soon as possible, I'm hoping. *bounces around excitedly*
When you asked me what Was wrong I wanted for dinner, I said "Nothing". But as I turned away I whispered, "Everything."

Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:21 am
FreeFalling says...

So when are we starting?

Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:32 am
SassBideAndRawr says...

Okay Everyone.
We officially have enough people to start.
I was thinking that we could start eiter on the 22nd or the 23rd of this month- (tomorrow or the day after.) if that's okay with everyone.

First I wan't to make sure everone is up to date with everything so as soon as you can just post up your character's name in this DT (no you don't have to rewrite the application form on here- just the name.)
so that I know that everyone is up to date with information.

Also make sure that you are happy with your application from and survey- (especially what you have decided to pack for the competition.)

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:54 am
ToBeMe says...

Yay!!
Can't wait to start.
:)

Anyway my character is Indigo Kamironn

When exactly does the story start by the way?
(when they are still on the aircraft, when they get there or at the first challenge?
EVERY DAY MIGHT NOT BE GOOD...
BUT THERE IS SOMETHING GOOD IN EVERY DAY.

Don't be sorry your darkness is gone. I'll carry it for you.
Always. I'll keep it with mine.

Gotta catch em all!

Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:25 pm
LunaHalfLacy says...

Wahoo sounds good. Hi freefalling!
Max Barkat and I are toast ready to go. He packed his neon orange shirt for the occasion. :P
When you asked me what Was wrong I wanted for dinner, I said "Nothing". But as I turned away I whispered, "Everything."

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:39 pm
Betheny says...

That's a good question, where do we start?

Arrah Ark and Amos Ark
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

Reviews: 4
Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:00 pm
SidereaAquila says...

Woohoo! Riley Gardner and Aster Levian.
Skittles: Taste the Spectrum

LIZARD!!!!!

Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:19 am
FreeFalling says...

Well I can't wait! :)oh and character's name is James Levent

Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:27 am
CrazyNinjaKat says...

Ooh! :DHow soon before we can start writing? My character is Tameka Raven by the way.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:36 am
View Likes
SassBideAndRawr says...

Okay, great.
I can’t wait to start either.

The story will begin just as the aircraft/ship/rocket (not quite sure what it is…) pulls into Ameruld.

The first competition will be held after the introduction.
I will post up and then the people with the scientist and cameraman characters will continue on. (As they were already on Ameruld waiting for the ship to arrive.)
After that all the contestants will continue on…
As for when this storybook actually starts-well I will try to post something up today, so as soon as you can check the story and post as your character.

As for the first competition-

First Competition- The Time Game

Spoiler! :
The First competiton will start just after the contestants get off the plane and are introduced to their 'soon to be' judges.

The first competition, called the 'Time Game' (because your score will be based on the time it takes you to complete this competition.)

It will be a (around 3km- if you follow the easiest course) hike up the Lenigo Mountains, to the area where you will be staying.

But the hike will not be as simple as it sounds-
There will be obstacles in your way, to slow you down and other difficulties you must overcome.

Here are the most obvious ones

•You will not be given a map (mostly because there isn't one.) and will just be pointed in a general direction.

•You will be pared up with another contestant (one who you do not know).

•You will have to navigate through a massive meadow (there are several paths and the grass is long- so most of the time you will not know where you are going.)

•After you clear the meadow you will come to a cliff- 500 metres straight up- attached with harnesses and ropes- you will then have to decide which would be quicker (for you) to climb the cliff or to go around.

•The time it takes you to reach the ‘campsite will be the most valuable part of this contest and the shorter time you spend the more points you will receive.

(Don’t worry- you won’t have to take you suitcase with you- they will be flown to camp and will be waiting for you.)

Sorry if that was a little confusing- I will try to improve it as the storybook moves along.

Here are the Teams you will be put in for the 'Time Game.'

Teams

Spoiler! :
-Elizabeth Shann will be pared with Amos Ark

-Tameka Kamironn will be pared with Max Barkat

-Arra Ark will be pared with James Levent

-Indigo Kamironn will be pared with Riley Gardner

Good Luck Contestants.
Last edited by SassBideAndRawr on Sat May 12, 2012 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:13 am
View Likes
LunaHalfLacy says...

Now that we already started I thought of some slightly obvious questions.
First, ARE there any critters out there? And if so are they like crazy alien things?
Also, what is the weather? And what is the time of day, and does the sky look basically like our sky or are there like a bunch of moons and weird stuffness?

Reviews: 4
Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:29 am
SidereaAquila says...

How about some flying predators? If that's OK with you, Sass.
Skittles: Taste the Spectrum

LIZARD!!!!!

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:57 am
View Likes
SassBideAndRawr says...

LunaHalfLacy wrote:Now that we already started I thought of some slightly obvious questions.
First, ARE there any critters out there? And if so are they like crazy alien things?
Also, what is the weather? And what is the time of day, and does the sky look basically like our sky or are there like a bunch of moons and weird stuffness?

Hmm... There Are animals, (these animals may look exactly like the ones on Earth with maybe one exception.

The weather will be like Earth's except when It is cold it is always freezing and when it's hot it will be like (insert massively high degrees.)

Also when you are in the Time Challenge it will be Mid afternoon.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:57 am
SassBideAndRawr says...

SidereaAquila wrote:How about some flying predators? If that's OK with you, Sass.

Hmm, yeah. Okay.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:01 am
View Likes
SassBideAndRawr says...

So I know that a lot of you are confused with the differences between Ameruld and Earth so I decided that I will make a list of them.

Notable differences between Ameruld and Earth:

1. The sky is never blue but instead always some shade of purple- (you may not have noticed this straight away when you arrived in Ameruld due to the distraction of the first contest.)

2. The animals are different. (Yes there are animals on Ameruld.) Some of the animals are incredibly similar to those on Earth-rabbits, foxes, birds (basically smaller animals) but apart from that that the creatures on Ameruld are like nothing you have ever seen.

A lot of them are basically harmless but here are the three types of creatures you will want to avoid:

Three Types of Creatures To Avoid:

Spoiler! :
• Flying Predators- usually found in tall trees or mountains (You may see these in your first challenge.) flying predators are a mix between massive birds and (insert dangerous animal here.) They are incredibly fast but are afraid of loud noises and fire.

• Riverbank Predators- Usually found around large bodies of water. Riverbank predators may resemble an animal cross between as shark and a crocodile. They are incredibly strong and have rows of sharp teeth however they never venture far from water and are actually kind of slow.

• Ground Predators- Usually found in dry or dark areas. They look like a cross between a dragon and a bear. They are incredibly strong and smart but are afraid of light.

3. Landmarks can change overnight so don’t always trust what a map or compass says. (For example one minute you could fall asleep in one place and then when you wake up find that you’re somewhere completely different. For some reason the campsite never changes.)

Please note that I may add more as this storybook progress.

Okay. I hope that makes things easier. :)

Love is so short, forgetting is so long.
— Pablo Neruda