Young Writers Society

Rousseau's Academy 3 DT

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:24 pm
View Likes
Caesar says...

Arhg! :D Okay, here goes. Thanks for the trouble of helping me out, by the way.

Name: Leonardo de Virga:

Age: Has been around until the medieval age (I have no idea how many years that actually is). He looks around fourteen

Race: Daemon.

Skills: Doing homework (haha. As in studying or research in general), fighting (but only if he must).

Magical or Non-magical: Non magical- increased strength, speed and intellect. He also has higher-than-average stamina and resistance form the elements, due to his parentage. Magical- Satanic sorcery, can exert mild control over weaker minds, near immortality (he ages really slowly) and invulnerability from all but blessed weapons or artifacts. He can also enter Hell and come back unharmed, being demonic nobility (prince of demons, in fact).

Appearance: 1'89 m. Chiseled, aristocratic features. One of his eyes is colorless, the other crimson. Bleached ash-blond hair, bloodless lips, small nose, high cheekbones. Usually wears white khaki pants and matching jacket, with Armani (or any other expensive, as all his clothes) shoes.

Personality: usually mild temper, it can flare dramatically (think fire and fury). He will keep out of real conflicts, and appear to be 'the good student'. However, he will turn ruthlessly on anyone who annoys him (as in pesters, bothers or is downright mean to him) making his/her life hell, if not direct magical attack. This includes anyone, regardless of rank, position or power. However, he will do this patiently and more often than not subtly, waiting, watching and plotting. Though if he sees an opportunity to strike directly, oh, he will.
Likes/Dislikes: Um... fish, opera music, people acting idiotic around him is what he dislikes (I'll probably think of other things). He likes meat, desserts of all kinds, reading, leading an intelligent debate, classical music, paintings from the romantic period (again, I'll probably think of more things).

Flaw/s: He tends to add little sarcastic comments that make him hated, and also to correct people. He treats all mortals with snobbish disrespect, convinced of his own superiority. Sometimes he will act erratically and old-fashioned, due to his long life. He'll also kill priests on sight (because of his past)

History: Leonardo de Virga was born from Satan, arch-demon lord of Hell, and Gioanna de Medici, an exiled member of the Italian rulers. His mother died in childbirth, and Leonardo was raised in Hell for a while. However, he hated the place, and, encouraged by his mentor, Uriel (angelic overseer over Hell, much to the dislike of the demonic population in general. From him he learned the basics of healing magic and holy invocations, leading to a controversial personality), left at a young age to make his own way in the world. Leonardo became a bounty hunter in Florence, using his unnatural abilities to rake in the cash, as well as writing several books. So famous, in fact, that he attracted the attention of the infamous Christian Church. They soon found out that he was a daemon, and sent their best after him. Hunted, excommunicated and feared, he fled from Italy and traveled across Europe, spawning myths and legends about him. Leonardo lived like this for centuries, re-starting his life in Russia, until the Orthodox Church found out about him a couple of decades before WWII, and persecuted him mercilessly. Distraught, his hatred for churches re-kindled, and again on the run, he set out for America. There, he met a fallen angel, Lilith, who became his new teacher and legal guardian to the mortals. He lived with her in her mansion in Massachusetts until the present day, traveling the world.

Up for love?: yes, although he only really takes into consideration those he deems to his standard, and even then only for a while. His personality is much to closed for any real relationships.

Other: he wears a black diamond and platinum necklace, shaped like the Star of David, a magical artifact pf untold power. It was a gift from Lilith when he found out about Rousseau's Academy and decided to find out what it was about. It will protect the user from magical observance and detect curses or spells around him (if possible. That means if somebody wants to sneakfood rotting spells in his meal or anything he'll know). Also, if the wearer is at the point of death, the necklace will shatter, saving the person and transporting him/her to his/her place of birth.

Is that enough?

Io son colui che mi si pare
- Luigi Pirandello
Last edited by Caesar on Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:37 pm
ScarlettFire says...

No problem. Happy to help. Besides, how else can anyone learn, right?

This, though;
ItalianIlluminist wrote:Leonardo de Virga: (Both first and last names)

should be "Name: Leonadro de Virga." It'a kinda confusing for people otherwise.

Also, I'd like a little bit more for his personality. It's a bit short. Other than that, though, it looks pretty good.

You can edit your posts by clicking the little [edit] link beside the [quote post] and [report] ones.

Once you've fixed that, you can go ahead and start posting.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:40 pm
Caesar says...

Thanks, ScarlettFire :D
I'll edit presently, although I'm not sure what my character will get up to as I post.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:53 pm
ScarlettFire says...

It's okay. No one ever really does--unless they've got Plans. (And I have plans. XD)

289 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:02 pm
Caesar says...

Um, so I guess I start posting then.
But say, what happens if two characters get into a fight? Does the person currently writing decide, or stops so that the other(s) involved make their own characters act?
And another thing: is there a map of the Academy somewhere or do we make it up?

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:40 pm
ScarlettFire says...

It's basically an old mansion of about four or five stories. Ground floor is the "school" area, including a cafeteria. The rest of the floors are dorms, minus the Attic. I can find or make up a map if you must have one, though.

I let you guys include other peoples' characters. As long as they stay in character. Which means you should read the other character profiles. Um. Fights, you can contact that character's creator if you're unsure.

Plotting in the DT is welcome.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:46 pm
Caesar says...

Thanks again, ScarlettFire :D

The map isn't really necessary if it's too much trouble for you.
However, I have taken the liberty of posting a short continuation, in which I change the plot around (I think). Basically the strange deaths are the work of demons who are amassing power to invade once again, as mentioned in the Bible (there are some shady passages, I think). Leonardo arrived to check up on things.
I'll try to keep my posts short, so that the owners get to use their own characters as much as possible.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:48 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

*chuckles* You do realise that only I know who the real culprits behind the deaths are, don't you? And I can say that *some* of those deaths are, indeed, demons. But not all. *smiles mysteriously* We'll see how it goes now, won't we?

Anyway. You'll see an Amber post in a minute.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:58 pm
Caesar says...

ScarlettFire,
I understand you are the GM (or rather, story master) here, and respect that. However, *equally mysterious smirk* you underestimate my manipulative abilities. We shall see, indeed.
As is known, never gamble with a Sicilian, but don't mess with this Neapolitan. *chuckle*

Io son colui che mi si pare
- Luigi Pirandello

Why do I keep forgetting the quote, dammit?!
Last edited by Caesar on Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:07 pm
Caesar says...

ScarlettFire, are we writing on the same storybook, or did I misinterpret 'In a minute' ?
(no, seriously, I searched for Rousseau's Academy and like ten results came out. Just wondering)

io son colui.... ah forget it

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:45 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Haha. There are old RA versions. And if you screw up my plans, you WILL be told to leave. I don't mess around, so please Do Not try to manipulate MY SB, thank you very much. That's very much equal to god-modding, and I hate it. And Not God-modding is also in the Rules. So please go and read them--they're in the main post.

Sorry to sound like such a cow, but I find it annoying when people think they can just try to do their own thing without consulting the creator of a Storybook. And I very much like to not have problems with everyone in the SB because of one person. It also tends to kill the SB, which is equally annoying.

Also, you can put the quote into your signature. Just click the link riiiight up the top that says "Dashboard" and then click on the "Profile" tab.

And by "in a minute", I meant "when I get around to it". I was busy for a bit. But I'm not now, so I should get to working on that post. Have patience, I can't do everything at once.

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:47 pm
Lethero says...

Ok, in my flashback post, I might've refereed to Vampires even older than the Ancients. It was my idea that they are the origin of the Vampires, and they are 5,000+ years old. Some of their powers include is manifesting out of darkness and holding a cloak of darkness around themselves. Me and Noir had a debate, and we both agreed (I know, scary) that the best name for them is the Ancestors. So, tell me what you think and maybe we can make a reference somewhere down the line to the origin line of Werewolves.
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:15 am
ScarlettFire says...

I like that idea, Leth. Ancestors and between them and the Ancients can be Elders. Enjoy playing with these ideas.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:29 am
Caesar says...

@ScarlettFire-
Yes, absolutely. Sorry to sound too impatient or anything, and no, I'll try not to subvert the story's main plot in any way. How about, as you previously mentioned, only some of the deaths are caused by demons, and Leonardo has to track them down and stop them before they gain too much power? A subplot, of sorts.
By the way, I evidently missed a whole part of previous conversations. What do you guys mean by Ancestors and stuff?

By the way, thanks for the profile advice

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:15 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Vampire classifications by age. That's what we were on about. XD

And thank you for being reasonable. The demonic subplot can be explored at our leisure, if you like.

shady and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws
— Tuckster