z

Young Writers Society

The Fundamentals DT

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:14 am
Sassafras says...

Since he's a Water descendant he's pretty chill. He's just going to give us our gifts and wish us luck on our journey, all that type of junk. The weapons he gives us helps us to further control our gifts. Actually, I'm just going to put the weapons down here. It won't be as long as the Continent list, I swear. :)

Water: You get wands. The orb of the wand stores water for easy access when there is none around. You can also use the wand to control long attacks, it helps make the water go where you want it to go.

Earth: You get knuckles, like brass knuckles, and gloves. The knuckles make your hits even stronger and the gloves protect you from getting any serious injuries to your hands, since Earth types seem to pound rocks a lot. The gloves are made from the same material as the trees of the Earth Continent, so are the knuckles.

Fire: You guys gets swords. The swords are made up of a type of metal that won't melt under the heat of your flames so you can direct your fire through the weapon. To match your swords you get daggers.

Air: You guys get staffs. Did you ever see Avatar: The Last Airbender - not the movie? Well, it's kind of like that. The staff helps you to control the air.

There. (:
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:56 am
Iggy says...

Actually, Jer is intudged by Eli. And yes, he fancies her. ^-^ It's all up to Oni/Eli if she wants to get with him.

Aww! Shadow! Hanna is heart-broken! I'ma miss the hard-headed Jayk ;) I knowwwww you'll bring him baaaaaaack! ;)

Princess & Onigirl: Mu latest post. Hope it's okay with you two! If not, I shall edit!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:14 am
OnigiriChan says...

Oh, it's fine with me. Lol, I think it's actually quite funny.
"If all our life is but a dream, fantastic posing greed, then we should feed our jewelry to the sea. For diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me." Northern Downpour

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:57 am
jok101 says...

You know were all entitled to an opinion obviously I'm going to present my opinion as fact as are you and I deleted what was here because I realised at the end of the day your opinion of what makes a good storybook I just as valid as mine. Personally my opinion won't change but that doesn't change the fact that it is just an opinion.

It also doesn't change the Fact that its not my place to judge others in this storybook that is for the storybook leader.
Last edited by jok101 on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:22 am
PrincessOfDarkness says...

You know what? That almost makes me want to quit. It really does. So you're saying I control the storybook? Oh, no, not just this storybook, but in every single storybook I've ever been in? I do NOT. We still moved ahead with the story! Hell, the way I finished my POV, the next person to POV could of moved it further!

Yes, praise Ignorance and Onigri, but just make me feel like shit. Fine. Do just that.

Fine. I will make my character a pointless clone who just walks around doing everything and doesn't have any personality what so ever. Better? At least something is going on. Reise even said romance moves the story onward.

I'm gonna shut up now before I say something I regret.

Reise, be warned, you may just end up losing a player soon. It depends if I cool down quick enough.
Signature Pending

42 Reviews

Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:11 pm

Oh, it's fine with me. Lol, I think it's actually quite funny.

Oh! What about Arwen!? :O! xD
Signature Pending

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:48 pm
Iggy says...

Is everything okay? :o

Arwen can comfort Hanna, she's hurting! :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:50 pm
Dreamwalker says...

I think we might want to try and cool it on the drama for a bit, guys xD. We want to keep this storybook on plot the best we can, and though its does open for options of love and what not, its getting pretty chaotic once again.

So from this point until we reach the next destination, why don't we just cool it and try to get peoples minds back on why they're there and what they're there for. That and friendships. I see a lot of males talking to females and females kissing males and yada yada yada but we don't have a lot of mainly friendships. Personally speaking, I don't think love would come so quickly and we're trying to keep this pretty realistic.

What I'm going to say is that there is quite a bit of storybook drama (of which any good storybook needs ;D), so why don't we let that cool for a little while, ne? Just an opinion, of course! ^_^
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

42 Reviews

Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:44 pm

Ok.

Is everything okay?

Arwen can comfort Hanna, she's hurting!

I don't mean that >> Plus she isn't the comforting sort.

I mean the fact she likes him? Are we just dropping that so Jerr and Eli like each other? 'Cos that aint fair, I got nothin' to write about then...? Maybe a love triangle? Obviously Jerr is going to end up falling for Elijah, (But, thats up to you who he does end up falling for) but just so we don't just drop Arwen like a toy we can't be bothered playing with anymore. xD
Signature Pending

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:52 pm
Rydia says...

Princess: You'll still have plenty to write about even if Jerr thinks nothing of Arwen as you get to play the unreturned love card.

Also, Dreamwalker is right, let's get some friendships building please? Friendships are just as much fun as love anyway!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:54 pm
Dreamwalker says...

PrincessOfDarkness wrote:Ok.

Is everything okay?

Arwen can comfort Hanna, she's hurting!

I don't mean that >> Plus she isn't the comforting sort.

I mean the fact she likes him? Are we just dropping that so Jerr and Eli like each other? 'Cos that aint fair, I got nothin' to write about then...? Maybe a love triangle? Obviously Jerr is going to end up falling for Elijah, (But, thats up to you who he does end up falling for) but just so we don't just drop Arwen like a toy we can't be bothered playing with anymore. xD

The fun part about a storybook is that the ending and the emotions are undefined ^_^. You don't have to drop those emotions nor do they. Simply speaking, you could try and break them up or you could move your character on completely if you want. It really depends.

What I was saying was that now would be a good time to let things settle first and foremost.
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

42 Reviews

Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:55 pm

Yeah, OK. :)
Signature Pending

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:24 pm
jok101 says...

Dreamwalker I think David and Liam would make friends. David can take insults and talks a lot if given the chance that would go well against Liam nature to ether lash out or withdraw himself. However while I'm comfortable writing other characters I'm not quite sure how to write Liam.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:23 pm
Sassafras says...

Personally, I think the little Fire Fundamental drama is hilarious as long as they don't let that little love triangle be the main focus of the whole SB. I for one am really looking forward to how their little situation turns out. And I also think POD can play the brokenhearted character very well - the hopeless romantic.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:30 pm
OnigiriChan says...

I have a sword now? Really? Well, that's quite... dangerous. >:)
"If all our life is but a dream, fantastic posing greed, then we should feed our jewelry to the sea. For diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me." Northern Downpour

Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief