z

Young Writers Society

Amidst the Roses DT Thread

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:54 pm
Shadowlight says...

Stella if your going to be pulling back slightly with the enchantress, do you still want to do the Gareth and enchantress warped romance thing?

If not, Maybe Skor would be interested in that plot twist? (would you Skor?) I mean Gareth is going to be drinking the necromancers blood.....

I still think he knows he DID love Snow but he has no idea what affection is right now.

Also I was thinking to get him in on the action, he is told that Asta was the one who killed him and he then goes on a bloody revenge? I was thinking he is gunning for her but her ultimately but he also takes out any wolf he meets as retaliation? (he knows her love of those animals?)

Anyway I"m just thinking out loud here so ignore any absurdity I may have just spewed. XD
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:23 pm
Rydia says...

Posting my bio here, awaiting approval and any necessary changes from the SB mods ^^

Name: Edward Thornley
Nationality: North Country? (/wherever you want him to be)
Appearance: Brown hair and hazel eyes. Edward is good looking as far as woodcutters go but he's always got a pretty vapid expression on his face, or one of intense concentration, especially when he's cutting wood or trying to think of something clever to say to a girl. He's well built, some nice broad shoulders and no extra fat around his middle and he likes to dress in black, wearing a cloak for warmth and carrying both pack and axe across his back. When he's cutting though, he strips down to just his trousers and leaves his shirt, pack and cloak in a pile on the floor.

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Background: Edward left his family at a young age and goes wherever he pleases, often sleeping under the sky, wrapped up in his cloak. He helps people out in exchange for food and sometimes just because that's who he is. He's helped many a countryman in his time from the poor, needy Red, to the old lady who was too frail to chop her own wood for the winter. He's been through many kingdoms and loses track of where he even is, preferring to visit only the small villages.

There's a darker past behind him though that threatens to catch him up. When Edward was young and just an apprentice woodcutter, he fell in love with a girl, but that girl was to be wed to his lord's son. The son was an insolent boy and none too considersate but the marriage was done and that should have been the end of it. Except the girl was unhappy and she sought out her old companion and told him how awful it was. She lied and said that the lord's son treated her terribly badly and knowing the boy's reputation, Edward believed her. So without consulting anyone, one day he drove his axe into the boy's head. The girl was distraught, having not really wanted any harm to come to her husband, she'd just wanted the attention. Edward was to stand trial. He felt guilt for what he had done when he found out the girl's lies and treachery and he was ready to die for his crimes. But the girl could not stand to see him killed and urged him to flee and helped him to do so. He said it would be the last thing he ever did for her and since then, he has never looked back but runs from his own guilt and the lord's men who swore to bring him to justice.

Personality: Not very clever but dutiful and helpful. He's a pretty cheerful chap despite his grim past and his hard work. He's not against using his axe on things other than trees, though he always thinks twice when it's against another person. And he's just generally one of the good guys but he holds himself in poor worth. And he's very charming with the ladies, except when he remembers that they are girls and that girls are beautiful, delicate things to be admired from afar, but up close can be treacherous and deadly.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:09 pm
View Likes
JabberHut says...

(Let me know if I should fix anything!)

Name: General Julian Steelblade, IV (Only the King and Queen of West Country have permission to use his name. All others refer to him as General.)

Nationality: West Country

Appearance: Very few people see this man off-duty. He's typically hidden beneath his father's armor, which had been passed down and reforged for many generations. Beneath the metal is a bearded man with a stiff jaw and narrow eyes. His chocolate brown hair is always a mess with the additional sweat from wearing his helmet, and his piercing green eyes are what stand out the most for such a dark (and quite tan-skinned) man.

Spoiler! :

Background: Julian's history is... well, a mystery. He doesn't share his private life nor does he see reason to. As a soldier, however, he had been in training all his life. His father and many grandfathers before him have always served the West crown. Julian Steelblade, III (his father) was destroyed in battle, but this only rejuvenated him more in filling his father's shoes.

Skilled in staves, maces, axes, (his favorite) blades, and numerous other weapons, Julian easily scaled his way to the top. He had trained with King Gareth himself when they were boys, and the king knows Julian better than anyone else -- and Julian wishes to keep it that way. He finally reached the promotion of general only a few years ago, becoming one of few young warriors in history to have reached such a high rank.

When King Gareth received his crown eleven years ago, King Gareth was a mere captain. However, he supported his fellow knight and friend with his coronation, knowing the boy would do well in his newfound throne. This also marked the day that their friendship would begin to grow distant. To this day, while Julian continues to serve as the loyal knight he is, they no longer communicate as the partners they once were.

Personality: This man is stubborn. He lives and breathes his code, devoting his life to protecting the West crown and country. He's often stiff and blunt, not saying much of anything unless it's significant to the conversation at hand. Julian can be very judgmental as well, believing highly in first impressions. He's often cold with the occasional sarcasm, but has a firm grasp on his temper. The soldier is calm, collected, and relies on his well-trained instincts in any situation.
I make my own policies.

42 Reviews

Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:03 pm
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

Kitty and Jabber-

I love your characters!!!!

Oh my stars I was wondering if someone might play the woodsman (and kitty he is fine looking! XD)

and Jabber I LOVED the plot twists you added with Julian!
(PM me if you have any ideas for Julian and Zombie boy *Gareth* :) )

I can't wait until all these amazing characters start interacting!

Skor-do you want me to post the Gareth reanimation scene or do you have more you want to add? (I'm fine with either.)

<3

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:28 pm
Skorpionne says...

I think it'd be interesting to hear it from Zombie Boy's point of view. :D

Ooh, and on the Asta plot twist, perhaps he finds out it was her later on. The last thing he remembered before he died was Snow, so perhaps he assumes that she killed him and goes to get revenge? *shockhorrorgasp*
I've learned so much from people who never existed - Unknown

42 Reviews

Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:55 pm
Shadowlight says...

Last edited by Shadowlight on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

47 Reviews

Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:01 pm
Skorpionne says...

I think that's a little too gory- also, Snow's horse did bolt out of control, so she had a good reason for leaving him there.I think his memories from before his death would be hazy and blurred.

42 Reviews

Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:15 am
Shadowlight says...

yeah sorry about that I was in a rush and didn't get my thoughts out how I meant them too! (blushes)

I'll try to post something on him tonight! :D

42 Reviews

Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:45 am
Shadowlight says...

SKor how about this is why he want's to kill Snow-

He gets his memories mixed up and all turned around?
he thinks he saw her smile while he was falling? (in actuality the smile happened before the fall)

47 Reviews

Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:11 pm
Skorpionne says...

Ooh, good idea!

47 Reviews

Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:24 pm
Skorpionne says...

Stella has told me to nudge you all.

*Nudges*

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:25 pm
ScarlettFire says...

I would post but clearly I'm waiting on someone.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:38 pm
Rydia says...

I made a post! Not a great one admittedly but shhhh I still posted :D
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:39 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Wrong someone. XD
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:34 pm
View Likes
thestorygirl says...

I have a question. Who was Edward talking to in the forest? Is that me????
Nella vita vi è la distruzione, desolazione nella morte, ma c'è speranza nella rivoluzione.

Poetry is like a bird, it ignores all frontiers.
— Yevgeny Yevtushenko