z

Young Writers Society

Aftershock DT

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:36 pm
CelticaNoir says...

So. This was created for the benefit for the SB. :3

For starters, Ezra's in a family reunion, guys, not at a night party. He was just looking at the neon lights through a window, you know. -.- So therefore, there is no way Clarissa is currently anywhere near Gwyn or vice-versa. Just saying. -.-
I am the workingman, the inventor, the maker of the world's food and clothes.
I am the audience that witnesses history.
- Carl Sandburg, I am the People, the Mob

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:04 pm
megsug says...

I thought she had just decided to walk into a sun reunion for food... I fixed it though
Test

66 Reviews

Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:34 pm
SisterItaly says...

Also, I thought Celt's character wasn't a sun?
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:13 pm
View Likes
Cspr says...

First off--we have a DT! Fexcellent.

Now, so...okay...there's a family reunion, which I was aware of. Gwyn is part of Ezra's family...and one of her (invited?) friends/cousins is a Sun. It's sort of a family reunion thing. There are neon lights--from...outside? Is this caused by a carnival, creepy new age street lamps, or what? The place where they're at's sign? I don't know.

So, Clarissa walks in on their family reunion, thinking it's a party, and tries to take some food because she's hungry and, hey, Dusks are lazy. She has no idea what's truly going on and she isn't really in the mood to find out--so she calls it a party, because there's a party, aka group, of people. As I assume there are some young people and Moons are a bit more 'artsy' which leads older people to appear younger. It could be a child's birthday party and she'd still consider it an 'obnoxious party'--because that's Clarissa.

Am I getting this right? I mean, there's a basic idea--parasite taking over, futurist, people have sort of clumped together in a way similar to the two groups in "The Outsiders". Otherwise, I'm just trying to throw Clarissa in. She's unsympathetic and spends most of her time in a condemned building whose former residents died of unknown cause (became Darks, croaked). She's sort of lost touch with reality--or so I'm playing her. Her family is dead, someone drowned her cat, and she had a small breakdown prior to now. Something has to break, or she'll be boring (forever stuck in 'backstory'). So, I give other characters a change to meet her.

So, yeah. I mean, I could have her start in that condemned building, assuming the world has decayed far enough something like that would work (the government and capitalist big players are breaking down, broke down to a point where no one is claiming the house, etc.). I'm not sure how anyone would meet her there.

However, I still believe having her walk in rudely on Ezra's family reunion, the outside neon lights bugging her, is rather in character (for her) and could work. Unless you don't want her there to begin with. That's fine. Just--where?

Eh. I just don't know what's expected because it's all very 'caste'. The main person (your character, this time) normally 'controls' what's happening. But if your character and that character are estranged by culture, what do you do? They have to form some sort of relationship--enemy, friends, or whatnot--because an SB is like writing a book and normally characters have plenty to do with each other, or directly effect one another. (But you know this.) So... *scratches head* Challenges are fun, but if we're all supposed to have our own side stories and meet up later--difficult.

So, yes. I'm getting chatty so I'll shut up. But some more info on what I'm expected to do would be glorious. Because I'm somehow failing massively, which normally doesn't happen (in RPs; SBs are still throwing me--somehow).

Anyway. Yeah. *blinks* (So, I really messed up again? Thought I had it better. Dang.)
My SPD senses are tingling.

66 Reviews

Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:32 pm
CelticaNoir says...

Okay, first of all, to answer Emsaly's question - yes, Ezra isn't a Sun. He's a Moon, which puts him into conflict with most of his family, who are mostly stuck-up Suns, as he sees them, at least. My problem with the whole "it's-not-a-casual-party" thing is that Suns are more of a caste-strict group, so if Clarissa somehow finds herself wandering in the reunion, that's not quite possible - unless she sneaked in. (Ezra's only there because he's family, or he'd be kicked out, too. Something he wants, of course, but nevertheless...) And if so, I don't think she'd be careless enough to be caught by Gwyn, and even if she was, well, there'd be an uproar, and stuff...I just didn't get that impression.

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:12 pm
Cspr says...

Oooh. Okay, thank you for that backstory! That means--yes, I'll just have her lurking, contemplating sneaking in, or wishfully thinking she had that to go home to. Then someone can chase her off or whatnot and conflict.

Will that work?^
My SPD senses are tingling.

66 Reviews

Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:21 pm
CelticaNoir says...

Yus, it will! xD

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:26 am
untameabletiger says...

I am having major writers block today, I can't focus at all, could someone help me out? or bring my character in?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
— Mark Twain