Young Writers Society

Sailing the Seven Seas - The Fountain of Youth

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:23 pm
Durriedog says...

*throws topic at users and runs*

Discuss!
{Insert witty and/or memorable movie quotes here} [Give credit so I don't die by lawyer]

{Follow up with mention of worth-while activity that betters the YWS community}

{Insert link to activity}

{Insert well-humoured internet bribery to entice viewers to join in the activity}

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:26 pm
ScarlettFire says...

lol.

What's the plan? For Gwen, that is. She's supposed to be taken prisoner. Did you have any ideas for how that happens?
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

83 Reviews

Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:11 am
Durriedog says...

She could try to steal supplies, or she could be working for someone who pays her to ruin ships so they have to come back and get repaired by the employee?
{Insert witty and/or memorable movie quotes here} [Give credit so I don't die by lawyer]

{Insert well-humoured internet bribery to entice viewers to join in the activity}

212 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:15 am
ScarlettFire says...

...I'll think on it.

And I don't think they have penicillin....

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:34 pm
Razcoon says...

Nice, we have a DT now! Note for EloquentDragon: Don't be so serious. This is a storybook, were supposed to have fun with it. Besides, there are a bunch of us who have been in the first part of this and know the procedure. Don't try to direct it.
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:04 pm
ScarlettFire says...

ScarlettFire wrote:...I'll think on it.

And I don't think they have penicillin....

To expand on this. Penicillin was discovered in 1928. I think this SB is a few centuries before that. So...penicillin would most likely not be even heard of.... Herbs, yes. Penicillin, no. Correct me if I'm wrong, Triplet, but this is like 16th century or something, yes?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penicillin

*hugs Razi* You are so correct. Anyways. I'm trying to think of a post. You didn't give me much to go on, Triplet!

83 Reviews

Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:09 pm
Durriedog says...

This SB is set in the 17th to 18th century, yes. I've already got some ideas for the obstacles in the Bremuda: a sinkhole that only drowns you if you're scared, mermaids, syrens, cyclops, electric ropes that jump out at regular intivals trying to strangle someone (which I will explain further in) and more you guys can add whenever. Triplet, the crew is eager for your character to be tied to the outdoor railing down to their quaters without a blanket for a few days, and you're only allowed out if you're on a leash being walked by someone ;). This is what happened to Jex in the last 7C's and I think it's the appropriate punishment for you. MWAHAHA.
Let me know if you want to know anything more.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:45 am
liquiddeath says...

Hey, I'm totally new to this so please bear with me while i get how to SB. I'm just wondering, How should i start out? Do i start going to the ship wanting a job? or that I'm already part of the crew.
There is no good and evil, there's just perspective

83 Reviews

Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:27 am
Durriedog says...

Welcome, Liquiddeath, and no worries :D You can start off either way, and I'll post when we move off and start moving towards the Triangle. By that time we'll assume that everyone is onboard, and I'll let the characters know the whole Bremuda idea. So basically anything goes :)

8 Reviews

Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:45 am
liquiddeath says...

I'm nervous, i just posted my first official SB post, lets hope i don't disappoint. Somehow i feel razhuni is gonna find at least 10 mistakes in my post and I'll thank her for it too XD

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:27 am
Razcoon says...

*^wishes she could like above* My grammar Nazi-ness does not apply to storybooks, though. xD See, SBs are fun and good practice with writing, but you can't really review posts. That would interrupt the flow.

Sadly, this is my 667th post. Meaning it's no longer 666. :(
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:07 am
ScarlettFire says...

Durriedog wrote:This SB is set in the 17th to 18th century, yes. I've already got some ideas for the obstacles in the Bremuda: a sinkhole that only drowns you if you're scared, mermaids, syrens, cyclops, electric ropes that jump out at regular intivals trying to strangle someone (which I will explain further in) and more you guys can add whenever.

I thought that was it... Still means no penicillin. o.O And that sounds AWESOME, Triplet. lol

Durriedog wrote: Triplet, the crew is eager for your character to be tied to the outdoor railing down to their quaters without a blanket for a few days, and you're only allowed out if you're on a leash being walked by someone ;). This is what happened to Jex in the last 7C's and I think it's the appropriate punishment for you. MWAHAHA.
Let me know if you want to know anything more.

Oh dear. Gwen really got herself into trouble, didn't she? *prods* Where is she is now? No one has described her being dragged off or anything. I'd like someone to mention her if it's possible.

83 Reviews

Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:46 am
Durriedog says...

'Kay, I'll put it in. I just wanted to give you an opportunity to shout at Turtle or something ;)

8 Reviews

Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:36 am
liquiddeath says...

If you want, i wont mind letting my character see yours being thrown into the ships cargo area, in chains XD. I did some research on pirates and stuff and it turns out that pirates don't usually take prisoners,unless the prisoner has valuable information for instance, the regular coarse of a cargo ship filled with valuable items! (gold and stuff) Didn't Scar say her character was raised by Spanish merchants, maybe she picked up for valuable information for us ruthless pirates Argh!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:31 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Haha, awesome, Liquid. You're welcome to mention her. And she did threaten Turtle. XD Don't forget, she'll be yelling insults in Spanish! lol And yeah, she'll know the sailing routes of all her father's ships. And, not to forget, what they carry... And one is carrying gold and stuff. >.>

Triplet, I seriously, honestly had no idea what to post. But thanks anyways. I think I may be able to post now. ;)

Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.
— Joseph Campbell