z

Young Writers Society

Pre-Winged Ones

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:52 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Okay, so I was thinking of perhaps having normal teenagers (by normal I mean no wings...you can make them as messed up as you want, I don't care ) that got exposed to something or were infected with a virus or something. We can post about what happened and how we were taken away. I was thinking then going a few days through the lab (since we never did that) and going through the testing and all that stuff. And then one day you all wake up on the island and have to adapt to it. So technically, it would be like Pre-Winged Ones, but we're including the new additions (as in the people who weren't here for number one).

Character Profile:

Spoiler! :
Just so you guys know, you can change anything and/or everything about your character.

Name:
Age (this may or may not be different from all the other ones):
Personality:
Wings (when you get them):
Appearance:
Strengths/Talents:
Weaknesses
History:
Up for love? (Your relationships have not been established yet):
Other

If you guys have any questions you can either post it here or shoot me a PM
Live, Love, Laugh

84 Reviews

Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:58 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Name: Kaylee

Age (this may or may not be different from all the other ones): 16, nearly 17

Personality: Kaylee has always been known as the responisible one, someone to care more for others than she does herself, which can also ending with her hurting herself. She's very loving, smart, responsible,

Appearance: Kaylee as long, thick red hair that goes all the way down her back. Her eyes are a green-blue color, framed thickly by eyelashes. She has full naturally red lips, lightly tanned skin. She'se the average height and a little bit less than average weight for her age.

Wings (when you get them): Large wings with glittering golden feathers.

Likes: Being with people, taking care of others, being responsible, rain, sunshine

Dislikes: Isolation, pain, being taken care of,

Strengths/Talents: Taking responsibility, being a leader, she's a good singer

Weaknesses: She always puts everyone, no matter who it is, in front of herself. She can't take even the slightest pain, but will if it means saving someone else from it.

History: Kaylee was raised by loving parents with her twin sister. Ever since she was little, she's been the responsible one, seeing that her sister was wreckless.

Up for love? (Your relationships have not been established yet): Yes

Other: None

Name: Cole

Age (this may or may not be different from all the other ones): 14

Personality: Cole is a happy, take whatever life throws at you kind of guy. He loves to joke around and have fun. Most of all, he loves to just laugh, and he does it frequently. He's outgoing and always says what is on his mind, even if it's completely random (which got him in a lot of trouble in the labs). He's usually a total chatter box, but he's also an extremely good listener. When he's listening, he's really quiet and thoughtful. And his heart is an open book. He never hides his emotions.

Appearance: Cole has sandy blonde hair, that is just long enough to be able to put in a ponytail. He has big, brown, puppy eyes. Cole has a pretty big mouth (not talking wise, I mean literally) but it fits his face well. He's about six foot one. He's pretty skinny but he has some pretty good muscle.

Wings (when you get them): They're maybe 15, 16 feet wide. They're mostly a smooth, cream color, but he has random black feathers here and there.

Dislikes: Hmmmmm...the one thing he doesn't like is when he sees people suffering, seeing people depressed, or being depressed himself

Strengths/Talents: Makes the good of everything, good listener, he's the brightside of everyone's day

Weaknesses: Can't stand being depressed or having other peple depressed or suffering.

History: Cole was raised by parents who were just like himself, so that's why is is like he is.

Up for love? (Your relationships have not been established yet): Sure

I might edit it later
Last edited by fictionfanatic on Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live, Love, Laugh

Reviews: 3
Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:52 pm
MyStoryline says...

Name: Tyler

Age (this may or may not be different from all the other ones): 16

Personality: Somehow, Tyler gets almost everyone to like him. He just has this way of switching his personality depending on who he's with. He's a pretty big lady's man too and he is a huge flirt. But when the boyfriends of the girl's he flirts with get mad at him, he has a way of twisting it so that he's not guilty. But this is all just a protective shell...he wasn't always like this. He used to be sweet and considerate. But that all changed when he started getting hurt (will post more info. on this further down.)

Wings (when you get them): They are emerald green scales with red-orange edges - as if they were burned on the edges.

Appearance: Tyler has hair that is such a dark red, it's almost black. He has smooth, pale skin and big emerald green eyes (the same emerald of his wings) and they are framed thickly by his red, almost black hair. He's thin, but not extremely thin. He is five feet and nine inches tall. Tyler's hair is grown so that it brushes his eyelashes.

Likes: Making people smile, being able to twist things to his advantage

Dislikes: Pain, the people that inflict pain, witnessing others in pain, his history

Strengths/Talents: Protecting himself, flirting, twisting things around, not showing his true emotions

Weaknesses: Being hurt, he get's angry pretty easily, but he has trouble showing his true emotions

History: His father left them when he was 12 years old. His mother than died from cancer the next year. He was sent to his aunt and uncle, who didn't like him at all. He was normally neglected by them, and when he wasn't his uncle (by marriage) was drunk and abusing him. That's when he ended up with his protective shell. He was tired of being hurt.

Up for love? (Your relationships have not been established yet): Sure...if you can get passed his shell

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:12 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Here's Ellie!! She's a bit different (a lot) so read it all(:

Name: Ellie (Elizabeth)

Personality: She's out there, wild. She loves a good party and she's well known to have parties more often than there are hours in a day. Inside school and at home, she's the good child and she's perfect. She's not preppy at all or even snobby. She's rather nice for someone so pretty. She doesn't care too much for herself but she loves to help others. She comes from a rich family and she has money for things.

Wings:
Spoiler! :

Appearance: All of her shirts are Hello Kitty and she loves to wear skinny jeans or a short skirt and long striped socks up to her thighs. She wears converse with all of her outfits no matter how formal(:
Spoiler! :

Likes: she loves to be with her friends and to talk. She loves to party and hang with her friends.

Dislikes: she doesn't like people who are selfish and mean. She doesn't like people who ignore her and keep secrets from her.

Strengths/Talents: She's a magnificent singer and she plays the guitar beautifully.

Weaknesses: she has a weakness for hot guys. When she see's someone she likes, she freezes up and can't talk.

History: She grew up with a great life, her family was always rich, she was always the smartest one in her class, she made straight A's, there was nothing wrong. But her parents were never there for her, they were always gone. She never cared too much for being the good child if no one was there to see her at her best.

Parties were her next choice--a chance for people to really see her the way she wanted to be. Everyone loved to go to her parties, and the best part was that she had a chance to be free, all of them did. But they soon died down when it lost the effect on her and she became the girl who didn't care for it anymore.

Now, she loves to go to parties and she'll throw her own every now and then. Her parents still aren't there and she doesn't know them. She basically lives with the maid Maria--who is like her mother

Up for love?: yes(:

Other: she LOVES Hello Kitty(: all of her shirts have Hello Kitty on them and she always wears a Hello Kitty beanie with little ears on it. (It's a teen thing:)
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:39 am
MilkNCookies says...

Name: Blossom (Marie as she introduces herself, why, no body knows =/)

Personality: Shy, in the corner. she does best with people like her. She seems helpless, but can turn deadly with a weapon(anything). She's scared of getting in trouble, and has a very low pain threshold. She follows someone(cough cough is areo here?)like a puppy. She believes in miracles.

Wings:
Spoiler! :

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Flaws: Doesn't know how to fight. But she can be taught. She never stands up for herself, or what she believes in. She's easily pushed around.She's as weak and vulnerable as a kitten. Scared of a lot of thing.

Likes: Myths, some people, shadows, following someone, Music,animals, snow

Dislikes:Mean people, people who want to talk a lot, change, talking,pain,fighting.

Strengths: Trained in survival by her father, who lived in a desert for a year.She has sharp senses and street smarts.

Up for Love?: Nope (W/ Areo)

History: Her parents are highly-acclaimed movie stars who didn't mean to have a child in their life. They never got married or anything. They don't even love each other anymore. She's constantly threatened with being put up for adoption. It's made her the shy, eager-to-please Marie that she is today.When she was young, she was blessed, or really, accidentally cursed, by a sorcerer. He had poor English, and while meaning to say 'May you be shielded from pain', he said 'May you be a shield from pain'. She feels everyone around her's emotional and physical pain on a smaller scale, making it so she can find people easily.

Other: She's especially shy around boys.
Last edited by MilkNCookies on Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:46 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

84 Reviews

Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:29 pm
fictionfanatic says...

History: Her parents left one night and she was captured by scientists. She doesn't know why they took her, because she was normal. chemicals actually gave her wings(Painfully). She was thrown onto the island(Painfully) with the cuffs. When she was young, she was blessed, or really, accidentally cursed, by a sorcerer. He had poor English, and while meaning to say 'May you be shielded from pain', he said 'May you be a shield from pain'. She feels everyone around her's emotional pain, making it so she can find people easily.

One quick comment about this...the whole being captured and put on the island hasn't happened yet in this one. This is Pre-Winged Ones, so it's all about the capture, the labs, and arriving on the island, rather than starting already passed this stuff.
Live, Love, Laugh

84 Reviews

Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:00 pm
fictionfanatic says...

I think I might open this to the public soon
Live, Love, Laugh

Reviews: 1
Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:11 pm
AEROSMITH says...

Fic. said it was okay for me to join. That okay with all of you? If not, I'll just delete this post.

Name: Dakotah

Personality: Dakotah is a really outgoing, fun loving, out there kind of girl. She doesn't care what anyone thinks of her. She's really into music and older bands. She loves to just goof off and make the best of thing.

Wings (when you get them): They're really weird - they are a clear, blue, and black color, and you can see through them (even the black parts). They are just like glass, they both look like glass and when they hit together they sound like glass.
Spoiler! :

Appearance: Dakotah has blonde hair that is so light and bleached from the sun, it's white. But she has a bright green streak through her bangs. She has really bright blue eyes. She has soft, pale skin and light pink lips. She usually wears bright shirts and colored skinny jeans with either converse or combat boots. She also usually has black eyeliner and mascara.
Spoiler! :

Likes: Sunshine, bright solors, being around people, old bands, rock music, goofing off

Dislikes: Rain, being depressed, being alone for to long

Strengths/Talents: Makes the best of things, takes karate classes

Weaknesses: Can't stand being isolated and alone, she also has OCD with cleanliness issues.

History: Dakotah has lived in California for the majority of her life as an only child, so she's also pretty spoiled. Her family is very wealthy. *Will edit later*

Up for love? (Your relationships have not been established yet): Sure

Check out my novel, "You're-"
novel.php?id=788

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:21 pm
MilkNCookies says...

I'm not OK with it. JK Areosmith I'd love to have ya!
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

84 Reviews

Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:55 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Ninja says she's out :(
Live, Love, Laugh

84 Reviews

Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:36 am
fictionfanatic says...

Calligraphy is out too :(
Live, Love, Laugh

116 Reviews

Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:09 am
ForsakenAngel says...

girr!! How many people are gonna quit?? and how many characters do we need before we can start? because I can make another one.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:19 am
AllyGrLxOX says...

Hey everyone!
Fiction said I could join so here's my profile! :)

Name: Laila

Personality: She's alwasy smiling and trying to have a good time, never wanting to appear scared or lost. However she can blow up when provoked to a certain point. People at school will vent to her about their lives and mistakes, and she's earned a reputation of having good advice. She also tends to appear as if she'll never give up during life threatening situations, but internally will be utterly worriesome and lost.

Wings: (when you get them):
Spoiler! :

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Likes: She enjoys listening to her Ipod for hours and hours, and writes for her school's "Advice Column"

Dislikes: She detests foreign languages and any thought about building houses in the heat for hours upon end as well as catty girls

Strengths/Talents: She's a very skilled painter, listener, and advice giver

Weaknesses: She get's very irritated when people don't consider her advice, causing her to become frusterated and do reckless things

History: Her life has been pretty typical and normal, no hardships, an only child. Therefore since she's had it pretty easy her whole life she hasn't ever thought about how fortunate she is.

Up for love? (Your relationships have not been established yet): Sure!
Last edited by AllyGrLxOX on Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HEY YOU!
Yeah you! :D

You should check out my latest novel "Part of the Night!"
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/novel.php?id=877
^Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,

Why haven't you clicked on the link yet!

116 Reviews

Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:41 am
ForsakenAngel says...

I'll edit as I go(: I'm on my phone so its easier.

Name: Joshua (Josh)

Age (this may or may not be different from all the other ones): 16 almost 17

Personality: he's very clever and dangerous. He's a free spirit who cannot be tamed. He ignores the rules and makes his own. He's a ladies man and he loves to flirt with every girl, but none of them are good enough for him. He's arrogent and very strait forward.

Wings (when you get them):
Spoiler! :

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Likes: girls, flirting, being dangerous, bending the rules,breaking the rules

Dislikes: other guys who steal his girls, girls who don't like him, rules, playing fair, being safe

Strengths/Talents: he's really awesome at playing the guitar and drums. Skateboarding is a hobby he loves to do as well(:

Weaknesses: girls and dangerous thing are the two things that get him the most.

History: he grew up in a family that was always there. He was never the nice guy. He hated talking to people, he hated being around his "friends" because they were the "play by the rules" type. His parents always wanted him to make a living off of learning the guitar and drums, but that's just a passion that shines when he holds his drum sticks or stums his strings.

He has a little sister named Kindal who is twelve. She looks up to him like he's her hero. He was always mean to her, making fun of her, calling her names, ignoring her. He hated her, but when his parents started to drink, he was there for her. He takes care of her now, taking her to dance and stuff.

Up for love?: yea, sure, if you wanna give it a shot (he'll probably have kissed every girl there by the end of the week, that's just him--and he doesn't even have to like them)

Other: I decided to just put up a picture of his sister:
Spoiler! :
Last edited by ForsakenAngel on Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

84 Reviews

Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:51 am
fictionfanatic says...

Thanks forsakin! And I'm not going to ask you to make a third one, only do it if you want to and only if she ends up with wings too.

I'm thinking that we'll start within a day or two and allow more people to join as we go on. We will also be having this SB taking place in the old forum, and I'll just change the name of it.

We'll start soon, I promise.
Live, Love, Laugh

Life is a banana peel and I am the fool who dared to tread on it.
— looseleaf