z

Young Writers Society

Z-1412 Discussion Thread

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:54 am
Ego says...

I'll be editing this post as necessary to reflect updates in the story (as a plot synopsis for late joiners...)and cast.

Cast

Name: Vincent Williams (Buscador!)
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 160lbs.
Race: African-American
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black, buzzed.
Physique: Lean. Long, sinewy limbs and a frame that carries very little fat.
Education: College graduate.
Profession: Teacher.
Pros: Quietly intelligent but fiercely competitive man. Athletic and street wise. Has rudimentary knowledge of firearms and is handy in a fight.
Cons: Very few technical or medical skills. Intimidating appearance leads to typically poor first impressions, and his rough childhood tends to hinder him in emotional connections. He is often rough and abrasive when he is on the defensive.
Background: Born on the streets of Chicago, his family moved to California when he was 16 due to problems at school and with the gang scene. After the move he made a complete turnaround, becoming active in basketball and finding focus in his high school career. He graduated with a 2.1gpa after barely skating by his first year, and attended UCLA on a basketball scholarship. He was nationally ranked his four years there, but in his senior year he gunned down in a drive-by shooting that, although he survived and made a full recovery, ended his basketball career before he could be drafted professionally. After he graduated from UCLA (with a 3.8gpa), he moved back to central California to be with his family. He now teaches English at the local community college and coaches basketball at the local parks and recreation.

Name: Lucy Elizabeth Martin (Overeasy)
Height: 5'2
Weight: 130
Eyes: blue-green
Hair: brown
Physique: not thin but not thick, rather average, really.
Education: High School grad, currently enrolled in Corvelle Institute of Fine Cuisine
Profession: Currently a Dishwasher/Fry cook
Personality: The eternal optimist/humanitarian, she believes in the good of people. Sometimes leading her to defend others, often blindly. She will always try to do the right thing, even if sometimes that puts her own life or morals on the line. Often called naive based on her almost childish faith in humanity. She is a lover not a fighter, though she has a smart mouth that often gets her into more trouble than she can handle. She has a deep love of animals, and probably connects with her pets more than most people.
Pros: Makes a mean plate of spaghetti, and can hold her own in just about any conversation. She has minor medical training (can sew up a wound and perform CPR if necessary). Knows how to handle most guns, and has her trusty Melvin (Winchester 1887 rifle, a gift from her father for her 13th birthday) under her bed at all times.
Cons: naive, trusting, and always trying to do what's “right” no matter what the consequences. Not particularly hefty and can't do much by the way of physical labor.
Background: Raised on a ranch with her father and older brother, and was home schooled until the age of 18, leaving her a bit sheltered from the real world. Lucy is comfortable with using most styles of gun, however she is most comfortable with a Winchester Rifle. She left her childhood home at the age of 18 to pursue her dream of becoming a chef, and works two minimum wage jobs (a fry cook and a dish washer) in order to pay for her education. Lucy was raised to work hard for what she earns, and has no issues rolling up her sleeves and doing what must be done.

Name: Dana Morris (Lauren2010)
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 110
Race: american
Eyes: Blue-green
Hair: dark brown, cut choppily at her shoulders
Physique: Thin, but a healthy weight (though could probably stand to gain a few pounds)
Education: High school graduate, currently enrolled in a community college studying sign language (wants to be an interpreter)
Profession: Part-time librarian
Pros: Well read, has a basic knowledge of a diverse spread of topics and is quick to learn something new. She has excellent communication skills, and is very personable. She connects well with most people and is a natural leader.
Cons: Likes to be a part of the background. Though she is a natural and effective leader, she prefers to let others take the lead. She is passive and flexible, and will often allow someone to lead her down the wrong path unknowingly. She hardly feels the need to share her opinions or emotions with others.
Background: Dana grew up as one of seven. She was the fifth born, so was easily put aside for the needs of others. She adapted easily to her overlooked role in the family. Her youngest sibling was born deaf, and once he started learning sign language in order to communicate Dana was the only family member who really took a passion for the language. She learned more than the basic phrases most of her family did when her brother was young and learned more advanced skills at a quick pace.

Name: Hannah Leigh Walker
Height: 5'2
Weight: 120 lbs.
Race: Caucasian
Eyes: Gray
Hair: Chin-Length, Straight, Light Brown
Physique: Thin and petite with an hourglass frame.
Education: High School Graduate, In First Year of College
Profession: Waitress
Pros: She is sweet, caring, energetic, and likes doing favors for people in whatever ways she can. She's smart, and a quick thinker. She is swift and can be hard to catch in a fight.
Cons: She has somewhat of a sharp temper, and is not skilled with firearms and weapons, as much as she'd like to think she is. She is physically weak and a slow learner at times.
Background: Hannah lived in California all of her life. She grew up in an average, middle class family, the daughter of a Receptionist and a Medical Surgeon. Throughout school, she loved history and had dreams of becoming a historian and writing books about history. Her father wanted her to follow in his footsteps and study medicine in college, so he taught her various things about it, and although she elected to study history, she retain strong skill in medicine and healing. After she graduated High School, she moved to Ashville to attend college, and took a job as a waitress to make money.

Name: Kisa Vandaguard (Captain Classy)
Height: 4'8"
Weight: 90
Race: Caucasian
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Strawberry blonde, short and straight.
Physique: Tall, skinny, no curves.
Education: 6th grade completed
Profession: Student
Pros: She is really good at making fires, because she has been a girl scout ever since she was 5. She can also run extremely fast, because she has played soccer for as long as she could remember. She can also climb quickly.
Cons: Kisa is quiet. She has always been extremely reserved, and doesn't talk much... at all. Her age, is also a con, and the fact that she has no way of defending herself.
Background: Kisa was raised - actually she hasn't fully been raised yet - with a perfect mother and father, and two sets of grandparents, who loved her very much. She was spoiled, and now that she's in the world on her own, all she can do is cry.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:05 pm
OverEasy says...

Hey sorry for the delated post guys. Buscador! Is waiting on me, i've just been super busy with work and life. I'll try to get it posted today :)
Life is for living.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:40 pm
Elinor says...

Right now, my character has just been bitten by a zombie and she's lying on the ground, getting weaker - is it possible that someone could find her and captain.classy's character and rescue them, and try to find my character antidote before it's too late? They were in a van that was being attacked by zombies. Then it would give a chance for more of the characters to meet and interact. ;)

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:50 pm
OverEasy says...

I was under the impression that there was no antidote...
Life is for living.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:59 pm
Elinor says...

Really? I thought I remembered reading something about it in a post someone made. I'll change my post. Never mind.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

576 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:56 pm
Ego says...

Broadcasts made by undergound radio groups aren't exactly credible. Let that little miscommunication be a lesson as to why, in general, it's a good idea to communicate using the Discussion Thread prior to doing things that may be considered...drastic for the sake of getting characters together. There are far easier ways, such as the way ridersofdamar has brought his character closer to Vincent and Lucy simply by getting his character there.

This is a good tool. Use it.
Got YWS? I do.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:21 pm
View Likes
Ego says...

I'm implementing a rule-change, as of now...

Don't pass any long length of time without talking to me first. For example, over night. By making a night pass, we've suddenly left three characters in the past; Vincent, Lucy, and Arthur are still just outside that shop in the day before. And worse yet, Overeasy has posted stating that we are still in that day. Essentially, we now have two time space continuums, with no way to bring our characters together.

So.

Here's my solution. Please use a timestamp to tell us where your character is on said time-space continuum,using the following code.

Code: Select all
[b]Character Name, Day #, Time, place[/b]

To get: Vincent, Day 8, 11:15am, "the AM/PM"

Simple enough. This way we know when and where our characters are at a glance, so we on't have people running into each other on different days and such, should we again end up in a situation like the one in which we currently reside.
Got YWS? I do.

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:39 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Sorry if my little addition of the underground radio broadcast was against some sort of rules? Or perhaps I should have mentioned it? (Wasn't aware we even had a discussion thread until recently, really). I'll try to bring stuff like that up first in the future if it's a problem.
Got YWS?

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:23 am
Crysi says...

Hey guys,

I'm not part of this storybook, but I stumbled upon this little page (PG-13):

http://www.cracked.com/article/126_5-po ... ou-killed/

I remember us making several of these "mistakes" in Necropolis, so I thought I'd give you something to play with this time around.

Good luck, and have fun! :)
Love and Light

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:27 am
Cspr says...

We have a discussion thread! Awesome. I'm bored and no one has been posting...so...yeah...whenever someone stumbles onto the library...
Otherwise, from now on I shall use a time stamp. *nods*
My SPD senses are tingling.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:01 pm
Rydia says...

I'm waiting a little while to see if Dono will post for his character but if not, I'll go again in a few days.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
— Albus Dumbledore