z

Young Writers Society

Darkmoor Juvenile Prison CT

547 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 547
Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:21 pm
captain.classy says...

Last edited by captain.classy on Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:55 pm
Tigersprite says...

Name: Aiden Omi
Crime: Theft, Breaking and Entering.

Appearance: 5"4, black, spiky hair, brown eyes, Eurasian ancestry (half-british, half-chinese). Slight, short build, a scar on the back of her neck from over-scratching during chicken pox.

Personality: Cheerful, always cracking jokes and friendly towards others. The only subject she becomes quiet and unyielding about is her father, otherwise she constantly talks to the others and would go out of her way to help almost anyone. Two things odd/irritating about her: she talks in her sleep often and inspite of any coaxing will not change her mind once she has made it up. She wishes to be a famous writer someday, to this end tells the others random poems. If angered, she bottles it up instead of retaliating, only every now and then does she explode.

History: Aiden is the daughter of a British (to be specific, Irish) aristocrat and Chinese architect who died before her birth. Her mother, who never got over the loss of her husband, sent Aiden to a private school at the age of eight because she could not cope with the child. The girl developed an interest in stealing around the age of ten, eventually leading to her expulsion at the age of 13. Her mother arranged a private tutor for her, but this only served to distance them more. It was only after her mother bent to her wishes to go to public school that Aiden met Alice, and the two formed a fast friendship that soon turned to something more, though they attempted to keep their relationship hidden. Alice tried to lead her away from a life of thievery, yet Aiden, on the urging of the school thief, attempted one last robbery, but it went horribly wrong when the Mayor caught her. Her mother as good as disowned her upon learning of her lesbianism through local gossip and details of the case, and a court case later she was in Darkmoor.

Other: Alice visits her every Saturday, and though she promised to remain faithful, she finds herself (occasionally) flirting with other girls.
"A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."
Nathan Leopold

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:07 pm
Kaywiia says...

Name: Carrie Craimer

Crime: She was falsely accused of murder.

Appearance: She's had blonde curly hair that goes just past her chest. She has soft, innocent looking features and brown eyes. She is very thin, and short, at only 5'4''. She has a narrow face but muscled arms and legs. She has wide hips and a large chest.
Spoiler! :

Personality: She likes to gossip, and talks nearly non-stop to whoever will listen. She doesn't know the meaning of the word 'secret' and likes to be in-the-know about everything. She has ways of getting whatever she wants, and knows how to charm people to get her way. She is a huge flirt, but doesn't like to nessesarily settle down. She can be quite mean at times, though at other times she can be sweet. She is really immature.

History: She lived a pretty normal life until she was convicted. Her dad was a lawyer, her mom stayed at home to take care of her and her brother. Carrie was an average A-B student in school and played Tennis. Tennis was basically her life, besides her numerous boyfirends and huge social circle. She was a generally well-liked person, and was considered very popular. One night, though, her latest boyfriend (Alexander) and her were walking to a small cafe together. In an alleyway nearby, a small fight was taking place. A bullet was missfired, and instad of hitting it's target it hit Alexander. Carrie was accused of murdering him, because there was enough evidence to prove she did, starting with his blood on her shirt. Also, while running away, the murdereer dropped his weapon. He had been wearing gloves, but she picked up the gun and her fingerprints got on it. She was convicted and sent to prison.

Other: She keeps this necklace he gave her on at all times. Sometimes, at night, she'll cry a bit over loosing him. She really loved him.

Spoiler! :
Last edited by Kaywiia on Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:23 pm
ScarlettFire says...

I should probably make a guy....but...

Name: Gabriella Wakefield.

Crime: Attempted Murder and assorted petty thefts.

Appearance: Gabby is about 5'5 with short, dark brown hair and hazel eyes. She's slim and athletic with a tattoo of an Ankh on her left shoulder blade and a small diagonal scar on the other shoulder blade.
Spoiler! :

Personality: Gabriella seems timid, kind and naive at first but she's not shy or afraid to speak her mind, even if she gets into trouble for it. Fierce and loyal, Gabby can't stand to see those she cares about hurt or threatened. She's not really timid at all, but she is kind of blunt and sometimes comes off as cold and uncaring. She has a fiery temper, but she'll only lose it when she's been pushed too far. Doesn't like to talk about her tattoo, or her scar; she'll often get defensive if you try to pry anything about either one out of her.

History: Gabby ran away from home when she was fourteen. Her father was a drunk and her mother an addict. Neither one paid much attention to her, and usually ignored her. She was the unwanted child, the one that shouldn't be seen for years. Eventually she got sick of being invisible, so she ran away.

Two years later, she met Chris. With him, life became hard. Chris convinced Gabby to start stealing things so he could pay off the debt he had racked up with a local gang. A few months before Gabby was arrested, she found out about Chris's drug habit--the reason behind him wanting her to steal things. Then he got into even more trouble, and offered Gabby as payment for drugs. The dealer agreed, but Gabby didn't like the idea--at all. So she grabbed the dealer's gun and attempted to shoot Chris. She missed, but the second shot hit him in the shoulder. The next thing she knew, the dealer was gone, Chris was on the ground groaning and calling her a little bitch, and she could hear the cops coming.

She dropped the gun and ran, but she didn't get very far. She was charged with attempted murder, and, since she had stolen goods on her, assorted petty thefts. And before she knew it, she was headed to Darkmoor.

Other: None.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:42 pm
Cspr says...

Huh. So I think there's a spot open for a guy character, so I'll take it. Even though I'm not sure if I can pull off "dude criminal". But I probably should learn the basics, anyway...so, yeah.

Name: Louis "Cujo" Savidge
Crime: Illegal organized fighting, murder

Appearance: Tall, broad-shouldered but lean. He's a big guy, standing at about 6'7". He has a scar running down his face from beside his right eye, "from a dog bite" (ergo his nickname). He has tanned skin, short yet shaggy blackish hair, and almost creepily pale gray eyes. He has a slight bum right leg, showing his dog bite story might not be that true--if it weren't for a few things, of course. He has a thing for sharpie tats, which has led to him being almost completely covered in intricate drawings he did himself--and they won't wash off easy (they tried at his former holding facility, where he stayed for a few days).

Personality: Outspoken and harsh are too words for him. Add sardonic language, a dark sense of humor, and a glare that has made some people freeze like rabbits that have sighted a fox, he strikes a bad image. He doesn't want help, either. He won't accept "charity".

History: His Mom was a known alcoholic, who kept around some, ahem, "bad tempered" boyfriends. His Dad, a former military officer, tried to "rein him in", but ultimately failed. He was arrested while chained to three dogs, after all. Fights were his thing, the way he managed to keep himself fed and get places to eat--plus, he just liked it. In the end, he was abandoned. Add in the fact his best friend, Barbara Hall, was found drowned in her own blood the same day--well, you have issues. And he didn't give anyone up, either.

Other: His lawyer tried to get him to plead insanity. He doesn't agree he's insane (or a "psychopath"). He didn't agree to being involved in any of it. Of course, with so many lies...what's reality?
My SPD senses are tingling.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:28 pm
Ryanator96 says...

OKAY. So this is now my SECOND day on this site, and I love it. I didn't think it could be more perfect for me until my mouse found the Storybook section of the site. OH MY GOD. THIS IS MAGIC. Best idea ever! Like, besides anything that contributed to human evolution, but who knows, somehow this could too! XD So this is obviously my first Storybook then, and I hope i do okay... not too worried, you guys on here are so nice!

Anyway, here goes nothing... Wish me luck? :D

Name: Marcus. Nobody is quite sure of his last name, but that will be explained in the History section of the application. Also known as Marc, and sometimes Birch or Willow, because he is so tall and skinny, and his hair does kind of look like the leaves of a willow tree.

Age: Marc thinks he he probably between that ages of 14 and 16. His confusion of that point will also be explained in the History section.

Breaking and entering, assault with a weapon (switchblade), theft, resisting arrest, drug possesion (pot). In that order, all in one fateful night.

Appearance: Mark is very tall for his age. When measured upon his arrival at Darkmoor, he was roughly 6'6! He is an African American, and he had a light shadow of a beard that matched his dark brown or maybe black hair, which used to fall to his shoulders in dirty, tangled locks, but that was before the arrest, and boy was he ever in bad shape. His whole appearance suggested he hadn't washed or eaten properly in days. Smudges of dirt on his hands, face, and clothes made it obvious he had mostly been sleeping outside, and he was so skinny his ribs protruded through his skin. As for his clothes, he wore a black hoodie and torn faded blue jeans. On his feet were the remains of some old skate shoes that were long past too small for him. Now that he is in the school, he is a whole different boy. In fear of a lice infestation, his hair was shaved completely, and he now wears the same orange jumpsuit as every other delinquent in the place.

Personality: Marcus is, to say the least, rude. He is definitely not a good people person, and he mostly want people to leave him alone. It doesn't really matter who he was put with, everybody already felt bad for whoever his cellmate would be. He is extremely agressive and, even though he never starts it, he is ALWAYS ready for a fight. He doesn't really talk much, but when he does, it is usually a quiet mumble. It is obvious he hasn't spent much time in school at all, because he has terrible grammar and pronunciation of words. That is, when you listen hard enough to actually hear his low voice. Sometimes, however, he has strong outbursts of profanity and insults, usually ending with somebody getting hurt and something getting broken. Almost seeming bi-polar, and with an extremely short fuse, Marcus is not the guy you want to mess with.

History: Sad, lonely, and absolutely terrible for anyone, nevermind a kid, to go through. Enough said.

JUST KIDDING!

Marcus was a product of rape, but that's enough on that subject. Left alone, his mother was too scared to get an abortion, but too unstable to support a child. Torn between decisions, she got into crack-cocaine and cigarettes. She was so desperately unhealthy at the time of Marcus's birth that she barely made it through the delivery, nevermind living long enough to see her baby. Before the doctor could say "Congratulations, it's a boy!", she was already gone. There was no attempt at a funeral for her - she had no family or friends to care. She was cremated and the ashes were given to baby Marcus. They were to stay with him for the rest of his life, and he still has them to this day.

The hospital sent him to an orphanage, and all went well until he was four, when he pushed a little boy off the slide because he was making fun of his dead mother. The owners of the orphanage were apalled, and they halted all other attempts to give other children to a family, concentrating all their efforts on getting Marc out of there. Finally, they tricked somebody into taking him. A drug dealing gambling man and his illegal immigrant prostitute wife. They kept him until he was six, and then both parents were caught for their obvious crimes within the same month.

The police sent him to another orphanage, and a similar series of events occured, except this time he pretended he was selling drugs (just like his "daddy") to the older children at the place. He had made a strange drug that was a mix of 'Art Time' paint, hand sanitizer, and glue that worked up a pretty good high when you inhaled the steam from boiling it. He got away with it for a while but then got caught after about seven or eight months, but this time the owners weren't nice enough to find him a home. They simply kicked him out the front door, and he lived on the streets until he was ELEVEN years old. By that time, he was a fairly well known drug dealer among the local kids, and when the police found him wearing a trenchcoat full of Mary Jane and nose candy, they sent him straight to a children's drug abuse facility and rehabilitation centre.
He managed to hold out there for three years until they decided he was ready to go back to the world. He was sent to a foster home, but now he was a grown up in his mind; 14 years old is pretty much retirement age to him. So... *deep breath in*... he ran away from the home, broke into a store, attacked and injured the owner with a switchblade, stole a ton of prescription drugs, ran from the cops, got caught, and was sent to Darkmoor. WHEW!

Okay, so if you're still wondering about his names and age... He doesn't know his last name because his mom had forgotten hers, and he doesnt know his age because he actually has no idea how long he was with the drug dealer, all ages shown in the History section are approximate.

Other: *whispers* Okay, so one last thing, Marcus has never told anybody, and probably never will (this might be an interesting thing for the storybook, just saying...), but he has anlways secretly dreamed of being a ballet dancer. He saw the movie "Billy Elliot" while at the drug dealer's house, and fell in love with the movie and the dancing in it. So maybe, he could make a good friend in this book and confess this secret to him? I don't know.

So yeah, that's my character. Hope you like it!
The future ain't what it used to be.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:33 pm
XChangeX says...

Is there any way that Marc would be Up for Love? My character Andi needs someone to click up with. I've been trying for Reggie (Andi has a thing for catholic boys :P) but so far have heard nothing on the returning end....
The only constant in our lives is Change.

Revelations 21:4
He will wipe every tear from their eye. There will be no more mourning or death or pain. There will be no more crying for the old way of things has gone away.

A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language.
— W.H. Auden