z

Young Writers Society

Happily Ever Never?

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:48 am
Sassafras says...

Happily Ever Never? SB discussion thread.

Please post all profiles, comments, and questions here!

Spots Left:
1.Sabine- IcePrincess
2.Claire- Phantom of the Potter
3.Natalie and Kelsey Greene- Gsppcrocks10
4.Calcifer Steele-McKenna- Apple
5.Ryan and Crokk- ReisePiecey
6.Avalon "Avie" Blue- Dreamy115
7.Saved Spot- Chupatoasta
8.Jessica (Jessie) Robinson- tam_ara

When everyone posts their profiles we can start! ::happy dance::
Last edited by Sassafras on Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:50 pm, edited 10 times in total.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:12 pm
iceprincess says...

I'll join! It sounds like fun! (Oh, and if I were you, I would put the DT link in the storybook. :wink: Saves a lot of time trying to find it...)

Name: Sabine Rhainhart

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Written appearance: Sabine has lovely pink curls slightly tinged with white, and dreamy ice blue eyes. She has a very pale complexion and usually wears her favourite white beanie over her head.

Personality: Sabine is --- well --- odd. She just seems to wander around and hum little tunes under her breath while talking to animals and birds. She doesn't know how to act around people her own age, and she doesn't think that matters. She doesn't seem to pay attention to anything even remotely important but in fact she does. She is kind and sweet; she would rather lie than hurt another person's feelings and she can be hurt very easily.

History (optional): Sabine has literally lived all her life in a library. She was adopted by a nice old lady, Mrs Rhainhart, who was incidentally the only librarian in the small town of __________ . Of course, Mr and Mrs Rhainhart (Mr Rhainhart ran a sweetshop next to the library) shared their love of books with her, and so she started to read at a very young age. On the eve of her fifteenth birthday, Mr Rhainhart died of a sudden heart attack, and Mrs Rhainhart and Sabine were very devastated.
A few months, Sabine, who missed Mr Rhainhart very much, decided to sit down at the children's books section in the library and read the fairytales that her late adopted father (curiously, both Mr and Mrs Rhainhart rather Sabine to refer to them as Mr and Mrs Rhainhart instead of father and mother) used to read to her at night. She soon fell asleep, but when she woke up she realised that she was not in the library anymore.

Up For Love (unless they aren't of the appropriate age for love): Yes, but remember that Sabine hasn't has been in love before.

Other: She absolutely loves wearing long flimsy dresses, and she likes anything that's coloured in pink or light blue.
you'll never find another sweet little girl with sequined sea foam eyes
ocean lapping voice, smile coy as the brightest quiet span of sky
and you're all alone again tonight; not again, not again, not again.
and don't it feel alright, and don't it feel so nice? lovely.

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:56 pm
phantom of the potter says...

I'll claim a spot.
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:25 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

I agree with Ice, link to the DT in the main thread, please and thank you. Can I have two characters?
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:38 pm
phantom of the potter says...

Name: Claire Benson

Appearance: http://wallabri.deviantart.com/art/Bookworm-94074552?q=boost%3Apopular+in%3Adigitalart%2Fdrawings+bookworm&qo=32

Written appearance: Claire tries to keep her appearance as neat and trimmed as she can. She has horrible eyesight, so she is never seen without her glasses on. Claire has auburn hair and green eyes.

Personality: Within her own reality, Claire is a sweet, happy-go-lucky girl. She is lighthearted and confident where she is comfortable. Throw Claire out of her reality and she becomes a control freak. She's a very practical and logical girl. Claire hates not being able to predict exactly what will come next. An unsure Claire quickly becomes neurotic and bossy.

History (optional): Claire and her younger brother Tommy are the children of two relatively high-profile scientists. Claire wants to follow in their footsteps. She has always been very science-based. Tommy, on the other hand, has a mind for fantasy. Claire had to bring Tommy to the library so he could listen to a book reading by one of Tommy's favorite children's authors. Claire was sitting in the children's section reading a book on stem-cell research when she fell asleep.

Up For Love (unless they aren't of the appropriate age for love): Yes

Other: As different as Claire and Tommy are, they are very close siblings.
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

161 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:55 pm
Sassafras says...

Sure, Crokk. And the DT link is now in the storybook. Also, Apple has a saved spot.

Name: Ryan

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Written Appearance: He has messy blond curls and sparkling green eyes. He has lean muscles and he's 5"11

Personality: He likes to joke to lighten up the mood, but is really serious when the going gets tough. He always tries to laugh and smile as much as he can, he just generally the nice guy. He seldom gets angry unless someone he cares about is either in trouble or hurt.

History: He has a little sister, Rissa, which means he's had all of her life to find out how to be nice and deal with children. He knows how to keep his temper behind closed doors and knows how to get his way with most everyone through manners and pursuation. After a relentless game of dress up and a few bedtime stories, Ryan fell asleep and that's how he got sucked into the fairytale world.

Up For Love: Yes.

Other: He fell asleep in his little sisters room after a daring game of dress up so he's now wearing kitty ears and tail that refuses to come off.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:19 pm
View Likes
ToritheMonster says...

I'd like to join!
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

100 Reviews

Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:21 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Name: Natalie Greene

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
AnimeGirl36.jpg
AnimeGirl36.jpg (43.94 KiB) Viewed 302 times

Written appearance: Natalie has long red hair that goes down to her mid-back, and startling forest green eyes. She's of average height and has relatively pale skin. She has a rather noticeable throat, like an Adam's apple. She wears a layered black skirt with a brown belt, a form-fitting black polo t-shirt, a red tie, and a tan jacket. She likes letting her hair do what it wants, so it hardly ever looks presentable, though occasionally she'll put a headband in it. She has a scar that goes over her right eyebrow and down her cheek.

Personality: Natalie's very cautious, but will appear friendly. She's rather suspicious and somewhat jumpy. She won't show this on the outside, however, and maintains an image of being relatively carefree. She's extremely protective of her sister Kelsey, and never lets the girl out of her sight.

History (optional): Natalie was kidnapped at the age of six, and was beaten and violated. Luckily the police found her and recovered her, but she never really recovered. She carries several scars from it, but the only visible one is on her face.

Up For Love (unless they aren't of the appropriate age for love): Yes, but it'll take a while to get through her cautious, jumpy side, and earn her trust.

Other: Carries pepper spray with her everywhere.

---

Name: Kelsey Greene

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
AnimeGirl15.jpg
AnimeGirl15.jpg (100.04 KiB) Viewed 302 times

Written appearance: Kelsey has short orange hair that's cut into a bob, but has grown out slightly. Her eyes are large and brown. Her skin's slightly tan, as she loves being out in the sun. She's about 4'6, and very slim, but not unhealthily so. She has rather long legs, and loves wearing skirts in bright colors.

Personality: Kelsey's carefree and generally happy, but rather shy. She doesn't understand why Natalie's so protective of her, and tends to get very annoyed by it. She trusts easily and has gotten into trouble for it. She's very impatient and a sore loser.

History (optional): None.

Up For Love (unless they aren't of the appropriate age for love): A little young, don't you think? :P

Other: She's never seen without her purple teddy bear, which she named... Purple.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:49 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Name: Avalon "Avie" Blue
Appearance:EDIT: sorry the first one's a url, my computer's being funky and not letting me use this image as a picture in a spoiler.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/moonflower5/3212976349/sizes/m/in/photostream/

but with eyes like these:
Spoiler! :

Written appearance:Avie is very slim and athletic from ten years of martial arts. She's about five eight. She has short, pixie cut blue hair (she was inspired by her last name), although her natural color is black. She has intense blue eyes, and those are natural. Her skin is always milky pale, no matter how long she stays in the sun.
Personality:Avie is very quiet around people she doesn't like, but her friends know her for the troublemaker she is. She's never happy unless she's breaking a rule. She comes across as shy to people who don't know her, but if you insult her, she'll cut you down in seconds. Her seemingly quiet demeanor is really just a mask for her feisty personality. She's always curious and looking for something to do or a rule to break. She's loyal to her friends, and a deadly adversary in a battle. Her judo training her taught her to have no mercy, and her karate,tai kwan do, and tai chi training taught her her advanced fighting skills and ability with a sword and staff.
History (optional): Well, I sort of told you about her history of fighting in her personality. Her life was pretty much your typical teenage experience . She went to a big high school in her home city, and had a small but close group of friends. Her mom encouraged her to be creative and spontaneous, and her dad nurtured her love of MMAs. She has a cat named Gizmo and two twin little sisters- Tanisha and Molly. She did very well in school, excelling in language arts. She loved reading.
Up For Love (unless they aren't of the appropriate age for love): sure.
Other: She loves cats, books, fighting, and eyeliner. She absolutely hates horses.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

532 Reviews

Reviews: 532
Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:26 pm
ArcticMonkey says...

Name: Jessica (Jessie) Robinson

Appearence:
Spoiler! :
Jessie Robinson.jpg
Jessie Robinson.jpg (8.37 KiB) Viewed 282 times

Written Appearance: Jessica Robinson has a very short haircut that is brown. She has really big blue eyes that glisten. She has a clear complexion and is quite tall for her age.

Personality: Quite timid, is willing to do anything to help her friends. Even though she is shy, when something goes wrong she will get quite angry and shout a lot. She doesn't get scared that easily, but if she is scared she will scream a lot.

Up for Love?: Yes

Other: Faints a lot.

Profile done, cannot wait or this to start!!!
Last edited by ArcticMonkey on Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Someone told me there's a girl out there, with love in her eyes and flowers, in her hair.

100 Reviews

Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:15 pm
View Likes
gsppcrocks10 says...

Dude, we have like... No guys.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:32 pm
Sassafras says...

I noticed. I tried to fit a guy in there though. Should I make another guy?

100 Reviews

Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:39 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Yeah, probably... Maybe accept a few more people, but only guys, or ask everyone who's joined to make another character who's a guy...

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:43 pm
Apple says...

>I'll create a guy. And also, Iceprinces; Sabine is my birth name...Actually I'm Sabina but still. :lol: I used some part of this from a profile I created not to long ago. The two characters are very alike, so I hope you don't mind.<

Name: Calcifer Steele-McKenna

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Written appearance: With midnight black hair, it looks almost like a dark blue (a thing he is teased for). Calcifer has deep blue eyes that are always searching his surroundings. He stands tall at six foot and one inches, though when he gets angry he might as be nine foot three. Most fear him, and stay as far away as possible, the tattoo under his eye means fear or death -a good reason to stay away -, he has a dancers figure though he hides it with baggy clothes.

Personality:Calcifer, as he loves to be called - Calci is a nickname that he cannot stand and was given to after he was beaten in a school yard fight - is very hotheaded. If anyone says anything about his small stature; he'd literally break their necks. Calcifer is very sensitive and doesn't get on with most people. His anger is his most common mood as it is not hard to make Calcifer angry.

History (optional):Calcifer never knew his father, his Mother told him that he left her before Calcifer was even born. For the beginning of his life, Calcifer and his mother would travel around, his mother always somehow having cash. When Calcifer was expelled from pre-school for accidentally breaking a girls arm, his mother stopped moving around and moved in with a man claiming to be his new step-father.

Calcifer never liked his step-father. His gambling and drinking habits were strong, and often Calcifer would be woken in the night to his Father outside his door talking to another woman. Calcifer's mother ended up getting a job in a pet shop which Calcifer spent most of his time in. He was constantly teased by other kids for wearing the largest, most goggle eyed glasses and his fathom to wear heavy clothing that cover practically every stretch of his body to hide out the sun.

Up For Love: Mhmm.
I spy!

161 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:47 pm
Sassafras says...

Crokk has brought to attention that we need more guys, so I am making another one.

Name: Crokk - Yes, this is my nickname for Gspp -

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Written Appearance: Long white/blond hair and sad eyes, one is grey and one is dull blue. He's too skinny for his age and has no muscles at all. His skin is pale and smooth and he has full quite girlish lips. He has long elegant fingers and just looks fragile.

Personality: He's the one that always looks sad, even a bit depressed. He talks softly and his movements are smooth and elegant. He's either always frowning or smiling sadly, he always has that look in his eyes which makes him seem thoughtful and sad. He never raises his voice or gets angry, unless you mistake him for a girl. He hates that.

History: He was born into royalty and is rich. He's always sick though, having a lifelong illness causing him to be tired, fragile, and weary all the time. He stays inside most of the time, not having the energy to go out and play like all the other kids, and spends most of his time in the house's library.

Up For Love: Sure.

Other: Always has his medication on him.

"Who am I? I'm just a writer. I write things down. I walk through your dreams and invent the future."
— Richard Siken