z

Young Writers Society

The Ashheim Academy (A Harry Potter Universe Tale) DT

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:25 pm
Squall says...

Hey guys. This is where we discuss plot or character ideas and to keep each other updated as to what's happening.

Character Roster

Allies

Squall- Calina Borisova (The student vigilante)
LastPaladin- Mark Tensa
Kitty15- Valentina (Valya) Ivanov
jasminebells- Juliet Fairfields

Spies

Kara Hargreaves- Anatolii Ivanov (The general vigilante)
Vanadis- Professor Zhannochka Kaminski
captain.classy- Kisa
Prism180- Kalavarn Penstrill

Other

Jagged- Mikhail Mogarych Lebedev
AyumiGosu17- Alesandre Rosbein
PhoenixBishop- Tyler Rhodes
Tenyo- Dima Sidorov
Kelcia- Anna Kozlov
ScarletteFire- Hazel Donovan.
Last edited by Squall on Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:47 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:13 pm
Kelcia says...

I finally posted my profile! Yay!
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:06 pm
LastPaladin says...

I've an idea where the group could meet. Since Russia a very shall we say musical city with Ballet, and Opera ect. How about we meet in a old abandoned Opera House which we magic to make it appear empty when people are inside.
You poor take courage
You rich take care
This earth was made a common treasury
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace
The orders came to cut them down

Billy Bragg - The World Turned Upside Down

672 Reviews

Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:24 pm
Squall says...

LastPaladin wrote:I've an idea where the group could meet. Since Russia a very shall we say musical city with Ballet, and Opera ect. How about we meet in a old abandoned Opera House which we magic to make it appear empty when people are inside.

I personally think it would be better if that was initially my character's secret hide out. Once she has recruited enough people however, it can be turned into some sort of meeting place.

And also, how and when would they be able to venture out to this opera house? I think that for that to happen, there has to be times where students are allowed to leave the castle.

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:29 pm
Jagged says...

Might work, yeah, just not sure of how likely one would be to find one such building close enough to the school without having people aware about it.
Actually, I wanted to ask something along those lines: do the students ever have any spare time, or does the school try to put as much stuff in their schedules as possible so they don't go doing subversive stuff?
Lumi: they stand no chance against the JAG SAFETY BLANKET

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:03 pm
Jas says...

Erm. I feel sort of noobish but what's a "Zamechatel'ni dom"?
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

336 Reviews

Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:05 pm
Jas says...

OHHH. That's the allies, right!? :)
I am nothing

~*~

672 Reviews

Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:06 pm
Squall says...

Jagged wrote:Might work, yeah, just not sure of how likely one would be to find one such building close enough to the school without having people aware about it.
Actually, I wanted to ask something along those lines: do the students ever have any spare time, or does the school try to put as much stuff in their schedules as possible so they don't go doing subversive stuff?

Hrmm what about a sunken opera house? (it sunk when things were being cleared away to establish the foundations of the Academy). That would be feasible. Also, their schedule is similar to that of Hogwarts and they are allowed to venture out once classes are over. Maybe with the help of my character and jasminebell's (both characters whom are skilled at charms) they can teach the resistance group to master the Disillusionment Charm so they can sneak off to this hideout when they need to?

And on a side notes, the situation in this storybook isn't as intense as that of 1984 (say it is only 40% as intense as the situation was in 1984).

672 Reviews

Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:07 pm
Squall says...

jasminebells wrote:Erm. I feel sort of noobish but what's a "Zamechatel'ni dom"?

Yes. It says on the intro lol.

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:21 pm
Jagged says...

Squall wrote:Hrmm what about a sunken opera house? (it sunk when things were being cleared away to establish the foundations of the Academy). That would be feasible. Also, their schedule is similar to that of Hogwarts and they are allowed to venture out once classes are over. Maybe with the help of my character and jasminebell's (both characters whom are skilled at charms) they can teach the resistance group to master the Disillusionment Charm so they can sneak off to this hideout when they need to?

And on a side notes, the situation in this storybook isn't as intense as that of 1984 (say it is only 40% as intense as the situation was in 1984).

Works for me. Also, how involved is the army with the school? Just patrolling around, or actively getting involved when anything happens?
What of the propaganda/raising the kids as nice little Stalinists? How's that work?
Lumi: they stand no chance against the JAG SAFETY BLANKET

336 Reviews

Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:48 pm
Jas says...

I have no idea what's happening right now.
I am nothing

~*~

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:53 pm
LastPaladin says...

Two ideas one is that the School is often investigated by Stalin's army and the best students are taken away to be trained as an elite unit. They measure this also by how loyal the person is to Stalin and it isn't rare for a student to be killed right there by them. Stalin has a crack team of Aurors that pledged loyalty only to him.

One of the ghost's in the building is a Specteral Knight called Lord Evard a noble evil he shows loyalty and honesty.
You poor take courage
You rich take care
This earth was made a common treasury
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace
The orders came to cut them down

Billy Bragg - The World Turned Upside Down

672 Reviews

Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:16 pm
Squall says...

Just to give you guys an idea of what the specter would be like (since it is my idea lol).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43PONsC8 ... re=related

And I'm fine with the name Vernon.
Last edited by Squall on Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

123 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 123
Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:39 am
Vanadis says...

Yo.

Okay, so in my last post I sort of introduced the headmaster. Now, I didn't really do too much with him, because I didn't really know if you guys had any preconceived ideas about him, or what. So he's kinda just there in the post.

I also left it where I did because I'm not sure what to do with this Alec character. I know that Kaminski took him into the school because (and Pali and Squall--you know this) we can't really have some random character coming and going into the school as he pleases what with him not being a student, nor a teacher, nor any sort of authority figure. So. I think one of the ideas was that we could potentially force him to become a student. Or, there is probably a plethora of other ideas we could run with. I don't know what AyumiGosu wants done with that character, either.

So I left it there.

Anywho. I think that it's probably best that if we have a school, we should figure out what the headmaster's like.

Personally, I think that he should be pretty personable and somewhat kind for the most part, maybe with a more sinister side, since he's affiliated with Stalin and what-have-you. As for a name...not too sure.

What do you say?
We've got deep-fried water bears and horse wigs!

If you're slapped in Guam, you're slapped in real life. --chibibo

Need someone to review your novel? Why don't you try checking here? Buddy up!

Last time I checked, love had no gender.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:53 pm
Rydia says...

Andy: sorry I didn't respond on facebook! Valya has the white ribbon around her wrist and probably tends to wear quite a lot of jewelery. General stud earrings and simple necklaces.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

A diamond is merely a lump of coal that did well under pressure.
— Unknown