Young Writers Society

Pokemon 2 DT

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:42 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

I believe Lumi said I could claim Jerri... I think it's done now; I kept losing the darn thing. Tell me if anything needs to change...

Name: Jerriana "Jerri" Blackthorne.
Role: Trainer.

Personality: Jerri is kind and caring, if a little harsh. she doesn't like to see her friends hurt, or her pokemon. She's determined, smart, moody, distant and sometimes seems a little cold, but she really is nice, especially to Tyler as she knows him fairly well. She can be a little reckless, and it costs her-she tends to think only after leaping, but not when she's in a pokemon battle. Although she can be pretty harsh and snarky when meeting new people and cruel towards Team Rocket, she loves to travel and see new faces, but isn't one for crowds. Recently she's head that her mother is sick and her smiles may seem a little...forced.

Appearance: Jerri is tall-ish (5'5), pale-ish, long red hair that's so dark it's almost black, dark blue eyes and is always seen wearing dark colours with splashes of bright red and a bright, pale blue bag. She has her pokeballs on a belt though her Vulpix often refuses to stay in one.

History: She grew up in Ecruteak City, living with her parents and an Uncle (who just happened to be ex-league) and met Tyler when he moved there. The two hung around with each other a lot, laughing and having fun until she was told by an estranged relative not to talk to him any more.

Jerri got her first pokemon when she twelve, a Haunter from her estranged relative and an Eevee egg from her Uncle that later hatched. She's recently caught a Growlithe and received a Vulpix from her mother for her 14th birthday. She's also recently bumped into Tyler again in Ecruteak City...

Equipment: The usual Pokegear (phone, radio, map, pokedex, etc), Fire Stone (x2, one given to her by her parents, the other found on Route 42), Berries (lum, Oran and Rawst), a good rod, running shoes and an Itemfinder (given to her by her father).

Skills: Once is a Pokemon battle, Jerri is determined and focused on doing the best she can, and good at predicting her oppounates next possible move. Jerri will learn from her mistakes, which are many. She's also pretty fast on her feet.

Weaknesses: Jerri has a bit of a reckless streak and this often leads to her rushing off and/or losing things. She gets lost easily, especially in forests and also highly dislikes having to trudge through tall grass and forests, and surfing over water (especially large bodies of water) to get anywhere. She's hopeless when it comes to camping, cooking and pokemon food, and often prefers to camp out in Pokemon Centres to getting stuck in the middle of nature.

Pokemon Team:

#133| Eevee.
Attacks- Bite.
- Quick Attack.
- Captivate.
- Take Down.
- Sleep Talk (learned while battling Team Rocket/Grave/etc members in Mahongy Town).

#093| Haunter.
Attacks- Hypnosis.
- Curse.
- Dream Eater (learned while battling in Ecruteak City).
- Nightmare.
- Theif (learned on Route 42).

#058| Growlithe.
Attacks- Bite
- Fire Fang.
- Take Down.
- Crunch.
- Toxic (learned route 42).

Image|Image
#037| Vulpix. (Evloves into Ninetails {#038} upon leaving Ecruteak City).
Attacks- Ember.
- Quick attack.
- Captivate.
- Overheat.
- Dream Eater (learned when evolved into Ninetails).
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:44 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

Bolt I did get the Hive Badge.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:26 pm
Bloo says...

Oh, *edits* Okay, fixed
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

39 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:53 am
Bloo says...

Per Lmierre's suggestion here is a new idea for the league. First off, with it we will have the league be only the Johto league, and then go onto the separate Kanto league.

Now his idea is pretty simple. Beside the fact that the Pokemon league will be based on a series of fighting match ups. Between 3vs 3 early on and 6vs 6 in the later part (Top 8 and further.) There will be a series of puzzles and obstacles challenges between these to thin the competitions. I.E and idea I had was a Maze. Where the Person brings X amount of Pokemon into a giant Maze with them. The goal of it being you must reach the end. But the trick is there are other with you in the Maze, so not only do you need to navigate through the Maze, but you need to fight other trainers. And if you lose all your Pokemon you are out of the competition.

Like that one? Don;t like it? Tell me, and suggest your own. Also, I am probably going to make a Page for voting on these if you guys like the idea :S
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:49 pm
Lumi says...

Filler Chapters?

So, like I often do in the mornings, I started thinking logically today. And it occurred to me that it's highly unlikely that the leagues in Johto/Kanto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh would have the leagues one after another. So after Johto/Kanto, what if we added in a filler chapter like the orange islands in the anime... Say the sevi islands or the orange islands...
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

39 Reviews

Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:12 am
Bloo says...

That was going to be the point of the Battle frontier, but it seemed a bit early for the group to challenge them. The Orange Island could work well, but each of us would need to think of our own challenged for each leader, which would be pretty fun. But for Drake, it would be rather bland. Maybe they would have a round robin like tournament before it.

Sevvi Islands should come after Kanto. Not sure what there is there, never played the remakes too far passed the Elite Four.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:22 am
Lumi says...

Here is the guidebook to the new region. As of yet, it is incomplete.

Here is the map of the new region.
Last edited by Lumi on Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:20 pm
Jagged says...

Invasion of the no-longer-NPCs!
(poke/kick me if there's anything that needs changing)

Name: Sierra Stone
Role: Trainer

Personality:
Self-assured, confident and composed, Sierra knows what she wants and how to get it. She’s good at maintaining a happy facade, but she can get in dark moods that she has trouble snapping out of, and she can be quite cynic at times. She’s playful and sly, not above playing with people, but she also gets attached very easily—a bit too easily, actually.

Appearance: Very light-skinned, with pale, almost ashen-blond hair falling to her shoulders and light grey eyes. Sierra looks good, and she knows it. She likes dressing up, but knows all the fancy stuff isn’t the most practical when running around the world, so she’s usually found wearing more sensible jeans, sneakers and sweaters, usually in shades of pale blue, grey and white, with the occasional splash of bright color.

History: Born in Cianwood, Sierra didn’t spend all that much time on land as a child. Wealthy and bored parents meant a lot of being lugged around cruises and parties and exotic locations and no say in the matter for her. By the time she was ten she was already more than ready to get away and do something of her own, and her chance came when she stumbled on a pod of Lapras that had apparently just landed on the island she was on at the time. They somehow let her run around and swim with them, and when they left she found an egg they’d left behind. The Lapras that hatched was her first Pokemon, and as soon as it had grown enough she went and declared her intention to leave. She was met with little to no resistance, and so began her adventures.

Equipment: Pokegear and pokeballs hooked to her belt, good rod, berry pots and bicycle.

Skills: Has an eye for the weather: she can feel storms coming from a distance. She’s a good judge of people, and can smile her way out of most problems.

Weaknesses: She gets overconfident and bite off more than she can chew. A bit too pessimistic at times, she jumps to the worst of conclusions, which makes her prone to taking drastic measures when they wouldn’t be needed.

Pokemon Team:

091 | Cloyster
Spike Cannon
Iron Defense
Aurora Beam
Brine
Whirlpool

124 | Jynx
Perish Song
Sing
Wake-Up Slap
Psychic
Ice Punch

131 | Lapras
Ice Beam
Safeguard
Body Slam
Water Pulse
Surf

215 | Sneasel
Faint Attack
Icy Wind
Metal Claw
Slash
Agility
Lumi: they stand no chance against the JAG SAFETY BLANKET

39 Reviews

Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:19 am
Bloo says...

A few NPC characters for the future, and the Scarface's real name revealed!

Name- Jason Larkin
Age- 27
Gender- Male
Role- Team rocket operations leader

Personality- Jason has never been a calm man, he hasd been brutal and col hearted for a long time, though he never talks about why. With a short temper and a tendency to hold long grduges you don;t want to be on his hit list. After the Gliscor-swarm incident he went berserk, bat-shit crazy as could be. And when what was fixable became broken he went totally insane. Now the strategic mind is behind the insane brain of a madman, bent on revenge, and following loose orders from above, with coverage from all aroound.

Appearance-

History- Jason is a Hoenn born man. He was recruited to team magma at the age of eighteen, after placing in first at the Hoenn league. After a long run as a small leading role there, eventually after a spackle with team Aqua they were momentarily shut down and on the lamb. During this time he went to Sinnoh for hiding, where he joined team Galactic. For three years he climbed the ranks, ending up at a right hand man of their leader. Again the team was brought down, in which time he went to Kanto. At first he tried to gain entry into the growing group known as Grave, but he was denied this, being too much of apbulic figure in other regions. So he took a shot and joined the now pitiful team rocket.

Skills- When he was on his journey he learned much about Pokemon, at first wanting to be a breeder. As a result he knows how to disable most Pokemon on hos own, within close combat. As for a leader he is okay, relying on his expert ass kissing powers to climb ladders.

Weaknesses- He is an angry man, with a short temper making him attack blindly. He is a decent leader, with expierence but not so much first hand. His big downfall is that he relies on others, subconsiously, and needs to manipulate to survive.

Pokemon Team-

ImageExploud| 295
Moves- Uproar, Hyper Voice, Hyper Beam, Screech, Super Sonic

ImageTorkoal| 324
Moves- Heatwave, Rapid Spin, Iron Defense, Eruption, Flamethrower.

ImageGastrodon(East Sea)|423
Moves- Muddy Water, Earth Power, Water Pulse, Body Slam, Blizzard

ImageBronzong| 437
Moves- Gyro Ball, Extracensory, Iron Head, Giga Impact, Trick Room

ImageHotmontop| 237
Moves- Close Combat, Triple Kick, Rolling Kick, Bullet Punch, Sucker Punch

ImageGolbat|42
Moves- Poison Fang, Air Slash, Brave Bird, Super Fang, Shadow Ball

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Jeremy Jameson
Role: Team Rocket affiliate

Appearance: He looks young for his age, though aging through stress. With an empty sort of vibe, because of his time in the ranks has broken his spirit. With a hunching posture, and general loftily attitude make a mix of lazy persona, where he seems not to care, but in reality he does. A rough, sandy beard, and short, wavy brown hair is the last bit of him not showing the stress and hatred his job gives him.

Spoiler! :

Personality: Jeremy is a sweet and caring man, despite how he acts. He has the potential to be a very good guy, but he allows himself to be strung along by his superiors, and trusted in them too much from the start. After years of being forced to go against his morals he was broken and now just tried to get each day over quickly, not enough energy to stand up for himself. The only time he shows his genuine self is with his Pokemon, who he cares for deeply and has strong bonds with all of them.

History: Jeremy joined Team-Rocket because of lies. When they were starting up in Johto they made many different recruitment seminars, the one Jeremy fell for was a Pokemon Peace Corps, that went and helped habitats of Pokemon, and nursed them back to health. Once in the ranks, they convinced him what they did was for the best, and he believed them. Not until his forth year did he see how much bad they were causing, and by then was too deep in. From then on he has been cursed, in essence, by his superiors, who force him to kill, enslave, and destroy.

ImageScizor-
Sword Dance, X-Scissor, Iron Head, Double Hit, Superpower

ImageElectabuzz-
Brick Break, Protect, Thunder Punch, Ice Punch,

ImageGolem-
Explosion, Double Edge, Rock Polish, Stone Edge,

ImageExeggutor-
Egg Bomb, Psychic, Leaf Storm, Ingrain,

ImageMurkrow-
Sucker Punch, Wing Attack, Night Shade, Shadow Ball

ImageDonphan-
Rollout, Magnitude, Gyro-Ball, Stone Edge, Giga Impact
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Barry Sander
Profession: Fisherman/Captain

Appearance: His face is usually set in a serious-scowl, giving him waves of wrinkles. He has a receding hairline, giving him a very large forehead, with his veins showing. His hair is puffed up, and pure-bleached white, with a single swirl-spike in the dead center, erecting about an inch up. His eyes are always narrowed, with deep focus, and so he notices the most minor thing about someone.

Spoiler! :

Personality: He is rather secluded among his passengers, he speaks very little unless they bring up something interesting to him, such as legends of Pokemon and the sea. His favorite legend is that of Lugia. He comes off as mildly insane when speaking, due to the deep set beliefs he has in them, and the energy he puts off when telling them. He is easily angered and insulted, taking offence to something as little as a chuckle. When he is happy, it is insanely creepy-happy, with loud chuckling, insane grinning, and over all scaring dancing.

Pokemon: All of Barry’s Pokemon serve as both battlers, mostly for strategic disabling, and as hunting aides. With abilities to see, hear, feel extremely well.

ImageAzumarill: With the ability to hear, and use it’s tail to detect movement, and find things such as under-ground rivers from far away. It also can make large air bubbles. It is used mostly for water transport. And to dig near water.
Moves: Rain Dance, Dig, Aqua Ring, Surf, Whirl pool, Waterfall.

ImageVenonat: It has infer-red vision, with an increased range of vision, and distance. Most of its moves are used to enhance, and protect other Pokemon. With an arsenal of status problem inflictors, and moves to aid the other Pokemon.
Moves: Disable, Supersonic, Poison Powder, Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, Protect, Baton Pass, Agility.

ImageAmpharos: The bright light it emits can be used not only to see around it, but to make secret signals in Morse code. It is his main long-distance battler.
Moves: Light Screen, Discharge, Power Gem, Signal Beam, Flash, Magnet rise.

ImageDugtrio: Being connected to the ground it can sense tremors, and so detect incoming attacks from far distances. Along with being able to tunnel, and demolish anything blocking his way. It has been heavily trained to learn moves it normally cannot. While his moves are bland, it is a powerful physical battler.
Moves: Dig, Rock Climb, Rock Smash, Cut, Strength, Beat Up.

ImageNoctowl: It is an exceptional hunter, with heightened sense all around, and the ability to fly very silently, even when carrying a passenger.
Moves: Reflect, Dream Eater, Psycho Shift, Roost, Defog, Role Play, Mirror Move.

ImageFearow: It is his strongest battling Pokemon, used mostly for transportation and battle. It was his first catch.
Moves: Drill peck, Ariel Ace, Giga Impact, Sky Attack, Quick Attack, Tri Attack.
Last edited by Bloo on Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:51 pm
Jagged says...

Guess whose parents just had the bright idea of dragging away to the beach. As a surprise holiday trip.
Limited/no internet for 5-7 days D: D: I didn't know, I swear.
Lumi: they stand no chance against the JAG SAFETY BLANKET

39 Reviews

Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:41 pm
Bloo says...

*grabs the shot gun* Sorry Sierra.....

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:52 am
ScarlettFire says...

Bolt, the pics aren't working. Maybe it's the [image] thing. You should check that.

Oh no, Jags. :o

39 Reviews

Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:53 am
Bloo says...

Scar, the spirits do that sometimes. Randomly they are unable to be found...it's weird. Usually work after a bit. Fine for me now.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:29 am
ScarlettFire says...

Not the pokemon pics. Those are fine. It's the other ones.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:09 am
cheeb says...

Scar's right, you've used
Code: Select all
[image]
instead of
Code: Select all
[img]
in some places. :P
the user formerly known as chibibo

I wouldn't think "impossible" was even in your vocabulary.
— Sharpay Evans, High School Musical