z

Young Writers Society

Wake Up, Stay Alive, Go To Sleep *Started, not accepting* DT

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Tue May 11, 2010 10:03 pm
ultraviolet says...

Hi! :D

This is for anyone with questions, ideas, suggestions, and pretty much anything else that has to do with my SB.
Last edited by ultraviolet on Thu May 13, 2010 2:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Tue May 11, 2010 10:10 pm
Sins says...

I've posted my profile Violet :)

Is it okay? Or do I need to change anything?
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

262 Reviews

Tue May 11, 2010 10:15 pm
ultraviolet says...

:D Jake seems awesome! :smt005 That is the only way to say it. So that is all I'm going to describe him. :smt003
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

1087 Reviews

Tue May 11, 2010 10:16 pm
Sins says...

haha good :lol:

I have a tendency to create crap characters... :thud:

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Wed May 12, 2010 1:59 am
ArahniaSiddel says...

I love this idea. I just want to know some Ideas for flaws?? Physical and emotional. Also why is there only 5 characters . .. . . Shouldn't there me more like 8. Just wondering

262 Reviews

Wed May 12, 2010 2:04 am
ultraviolet says...

I don't know, epically failing under pressure? Like, passing out or going into hysterics when forced into leadership roles? Or just when the attention is on her? I think that doesn't contradict your character. If you don't want to take the suggestion that's fine, though. Whatever works for you.

~asofterworld.com

1087 Reviews

Wed May 12, 2010 2:23 pm
Sins says...

I like the fact that there are only five characters. SB's always work better with less characters. Remember, less is more... :wink:

262 Reviews

Wed May 12, 2010 2:26 pm
ultraviolet says...

Yeah, well this is my first one making, and I'd figure simple is better. Otherwise it gets confusing and there are too many people trying to post at once. And if you're gone for say the weekend, then you have to read pages and pages to get to present time, or your character gets left out. Plus, I'm hoping to memorize everyone so I don't have to keep going back to the profiles when speaking for someone. :lol:

~asofterworld.com

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Wed May 12, 2010 8:49 pm
Apple says...

Sorry for the lateness of the post. I was trying to make it awesome when my computer shut down and then I had to start again-and I couldn't be bothered cause it was school...but it's up now!
I spy!

1087 Reviews

Wed May 12, 2010 8:56 pm
Sins says...

Woop, go Apple 8)

262 Reviews

Wed May 12, 2010 8:57 pm
ultraviolet says...

OK, I'm going to start it. :)

~asofterworld.com

1087 Reviews

Wed May 12, 2010 9:20 pm
Sins says...

Okiee :)

One question though, how do I actually write my characters posts? :lol: I mean, I can't say that I go up to the people and say 'hi, you're on a TV show and I'm the scriptwriter!' Plus, how does my character know what's actually happening? Like, how does he watch them? Does he talk to them?

Sorry if I'm being a pain... :roll:

262 Reviews

Wed May 12, 2010 9:24 pm
ultraviolet says...

There are a bunch of hidden cameras and camera crew everywhere, but the contestants are oblivious.

Also, do something like

Is reviewing tapes. "Hmm.... They are all getting along well. Not good. Why don't I stir things up a bit?" I pulled a walkie talkie off of my belt. "Sherman, find a bees nest and plant it near their camp. Over."

Or something like that. I know that's a bad example, but work with me, please. :)

~asofterworld.com

1087 Reviews

Wed May 12, 2010 9:26 pm
View Likes
Sins says...

haha okay :lol:

I think I know what to write now. Will Jake ever speak to the contestants though?

262 Reviews

Wed May 12, 2010 9:38 pm
ultraviolet says...

Maybe in the end. Or maybe before. That's up to Jake. And by his description, I have absolutely know idea what he would do. On he does--which means you do. Hopefully. :)

~asofterworld.com

I would be a terrible novel protagonist.
— mellifera