z

Young Writers Society

The Fae (Accepting Applications)

Random avatar

Reviews: 43
Wed May 26, 2010 11:33 pm
NepoGirl says...

This sounds intersting. I would love to be a maid for the Unseelie queen.

Name: Machenzie Labbe

Age (in faerie): 107

Apparent age: 15

Appearance (be detailed):Silky green hair that geos past her shoulders. Large blue eyes with long dark lashes. She is very pale with almsot translucent skin. She is tall and thin with chubby cheeks.

Picture (not optional, note that humanoid pictures of them are acceptable): http://s.bebo.com/app-image/7933243226/5411656627/PROFILE/i.quizzaz.com/img/q/u/08/04/23/12340806-green.jpg

Allegiance: Unseelie (She was forced to join because of family)

Job (General, Lord, Peasant, Farmer, etc.): Maid for the Unseelie castle

Personality (detailed): She is tough and strongwilled, not afraid to fight for her beliefs. She is kind and caring, however at first glance she may seem like a rebellious commoner. She is quiet and anti social, from being being in the Unseelie castle since she was young. Though it may not seem like it, she will risk her life is it means that the Seelie will rule. She is mischievious and cunning, seeing she is half Rusalki.

History (detailed): She was born into a poor commoner family who was loyal to the Unseelie. When she was young, she was given to the Unseelie Castle as a gift. She was forced to be a maid, which is why she has extensive house skills. She has once seen the Seelie castle and immediately wanted to help the humans and Seelie. Before she was given away, she learned her mother was a Rusalki

Powers (if any, only one or two mild ones): She has the power to control water for a short time and if their is a large enough source.

Likes/Dislikes:

Likes - Fighting, sleeping, rain, water, and sweets.

Dislikes: Unseelie, work, and liars.

Abilities: She has extensive medical knowledge, able to quickly find out someones diagonise. She is quick on her feet and a fast learner.

Type of Faerie (pixie, centaur, etc.): Rusalki - Lovely female water faeries with long green hair who like to play water games with people. They do not seem deliberately malicious, but sometimes their games get rough and dangerous.

Quirks/Flaws: She loves sweets and if anyone takes it away for her, she will not hesitate to hurt you, then help you, then hurt you again. She acts without thinking, which leads to mistake. She won't listen to anyone and does thing her own way, even if she gets killed in the process.

Other (First Guards may not be up for love, although they may fancy someone. Queens and First Guards have been known to get along very well, *winks*): Up for love. Hates the Unseelie Queen but she has to serve her.
This Months Disney Film: Beauty And The Beast

~Is It Wrong That I Find The Beast More Attractive As An Actual Beast Then His Human Prince Form?

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Thu May 27, 2010 6:10 pm
ToritheMonster says...

nice profile
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

Random avatar

Thu May 27, 2010 10:41 pm
NepoGirl says...

Thank you! I noticed most people were trying out for Seelie and there weren't as much Unseelie. When do we start?

~Is It Wrong That I Find The Beast More Attractive As An Actual Beast Then His Human Prince Form?

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Fri May 28, 2010 12:20 am
Jagged says...

Just an idea: could we just pretend everyone's in the same place for a moment, like for diplomatic discussions or somesuch, so we might actually be able to play around with the characters while we wait for more people to join?

But on to business: an Unseelie guy, yay!

Name: Kester Ranulfr

Age (in faerie): 2125

Apparent age: 32

Appearance: Tall and broad-shouldered, with hazel eyes and semi-long dark hair. A bit scruffy, but perfectly capable of looking nice and proper when circumstances demand so. He holds himself casually, with just a hint of a slouch, which makes him appear less imposing than he really is, but the posture is deceptive: he's always ready to move and react to a threat. He keeps his clothes plain, if well-cut, and usually in shades of dark blue or black.
When in canine form he is an imposing and huge black dog, almost wolfish in body and behavior: long limbs and large paws, a long muzzle and amber eyes shining over a feral grin of white fangs. He is leaner like this, ribs almost visible under the thick fur. It’s thicker at the scruff of the neck, almost a beginning of a mane, and it doubles as protection for the spine that protrudes through the skin there.

Picture:
Spoiler! :
Transformed: Image

Allegiance: Unseelie

Job: First Guard

Personality: Above all else, Kester is loyal, almost to a fault: his allegiance, once given, is near unshakable, and he'll follow wherever it is his Queen wants him to go, no questions asked. If he ever has severe reservations about something he'll try to discuss it, but only behind closed doors, and he will always, eventually, yield and obey.

He's extremely protective and territorial about what he considers as his, which can lead to some problems when it concerns people who'd prefer being able to go on with their life without having him hovering around at all times. On the flipside, he's extremely wary of strangers, and can be very cold and arrogant towards them. Mostly though he's outwardly pretty quiet and keeps to the sides, observing and only participating when he has something worth saying. In conflicts he gets vicious and doesn't hold back, not afraid to play dirty if it'll bring him an edge.

While he always acts laid-back and at ease, a lot of it is a facade, a way of getting people to underestimate him and prompt them into making mistakes. His sense of humor tends towards sarcasm, though he's been known to be rather self-deprecating.

History (detailed): Growing up at the court, for one as uninterested in politics as Kester, was an... interesting experience. If nothing else, it did teach him one thing: the more others underestimated him, the better he could make his way up. For of course there was no leaving, or running away; as little as he liked the constant dancing around and the subtle ploys always in motion, there was nothing outside that would suit him more.

So he found distraction in joining the military, benefiting from his noble status by being spared the gruntwork and sent straight to join the officers. It still wasn't quite perfect, but it was good enough. At least until the old queen was disposed of, and the new one came into power. After all, he thought, she would need a guard of her own, and she'd impressed him enough that he was willing to transfer the loyalty that had been due to the previous queen to her, and to do so gladly. The selection process had been a tedious thing, but he'd come out on top, and so he found his place at her side, and has been there ever since.

Powers : Shapeshifts at will, short-range telepathy when in dog form.

Likes/Dislikes: Likes fighting, being useful and foggy evenings. Dislikes incompetence, formal affairs and doctors.

Abilities: Proficient in most types of combat, and a force to be reckoned with. He prefers to wield a bastard sword at short range, but he can make do with everything - rapier, shortsword, axe... whatever's at hand will do. At long distance he is less of a danger, but if one of his crossbow bolts hit true, you're in for a lot of pain.

Type of Faerie: Barghest – a shapeshifter that favors the shape of a ghostly black dog, and considered to be an ill omen.

Quirks/Flaws: Exhibits some very canine behaviors (may growl/snarl when angered, become touchy when feeling affectionate, bare his throat in submission, etc), and pays lots of attention to body language. When enraged he may lose all rational thinking and start relying on pure instinct until he is calmed down.

Other: N/A
Lumi: they stand no chance against the JAG SAFETY BLANKET

Random avatar

Fri May 28, 2010 5:37 am
NepoGirl says...

Hey!

I checked the slots thign and it said I took the Unseelie Lady. I put my profile for a servant in a castle. Is this a typo or do you want me to be the Unseelie lady? I don't mind of being the Lady, however I planned my character to be a rebellious maid.

So is it a typo or do you want me to be a lady for the court?

351 Reviews

Fri May 28, 2010 10:16 am
ToritheMonster says...

oh whoops. Typo, I'll change it

351 Reviews

Fri May 28, 2010 10:27 am
ToritheMonster says...

Okay, the plot, cuz we'll be starting soon:

It will start with all fearies in the Seelie court going about their everyday business. There may be whispers about the Tithe and how it's getting close to time. Perhaps a few rebels are whispering about trying to stop it.

The Unseelie court will be in preparation. Everything must be spotless, there must be food for a feast, all nobles must have new gowns and suits. The Tithe, to them, is a very big event. The first guard will be getting ready to go into the human world to bring back the Tithe that they've been scouting.The Queen, as she makes the sacrifice, will basically just be lounging around.

We'll start that way, and after about two or three pages, it will be time for the Tithe.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Fri May 28, 2010 12:50 pm
kidashka says...

Name: Matthew

Age (in faerie): 26
Apparent age: 704

Appearance (be detailed): Fairly well built from years of running from the disgruntled victims of his thievery! Brown hair, cat-like eyes.

Picture (not optional, note that humanoid pictures of them are acceptable):
Spoiler! :

Allegiance: Seelie
Job (General, Lord, Peasant, Farmer, etc.): Peasant

Personality (detailed): Whilst being pretty agile, he's incredibly partial to a nap, or two, or ten, and has a habit of using most of the day's energy up in the space of a few hours, then sleeps/is in a comatose state for the rest of the day. He's loyal and generally trustworthy - he's terrible at lying and tends to simply skip around unpleasant topics.

History (detailed): He had a relationship with Queen Bree about 300 years ago (see WhiteTiger's character's profile for more detail) He still thinks about her everyday, despite teasings from his close friends. He was told to never come to find her and he believes that if they do try and see each other, he would risk both of their lives. He also thinks that Bree is scared and no longer wants him.

Powers (if any, only one or two mild ones): Can transform into a tabby cat. Rawr.
Likes: Cats, naps, night, sleep, bed, comfy places ideal for sleeping in, catnip.
Dislikes: Water, swimming, dogs, cold, being woken up.

Abilities: Speedy; good at hiding; cat transfiguration.

Type of Faerie (pixie, centaur, etc.): "Fyglia - A sort of personal spirit. They often take an animal form. The Native Americans call them "fetches" and use them as totems. They serve mostly as personal guardians." Often appears as a cat.

Quirks/Flaws: His sleeping habits are somewhat of an annoyance to everyone around him. Has a worrying penchant for catnip, especially catnip tea. Mmmm.

Other: I was wondering if maybe he could be the 'personal spirit' of the Tithe? Hence some kind of war between Seelie and Unseelie as he would use his friendship with the Queen to protect his ward? (Or try to, at any rate)

*Will finish later :smt003
Last edited by kidashka on Fri May 28, 2010 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Fri May 28, 2010 4:38 pm
ArahniaSiddel says...

can I join as a servant. . . I don't care what side I am on. . . Please pm me someone . . .

Random avatar

Fri May 28, 2010 6:46 pm
NepoGirl says...

Hoy many more charcaters do we need until we can start? I really want to start this, it soudns fun!

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Fri May 28, 2010 6:52 pm
Jagged says...

I'm pretty sure it's open for posts already? Dreamy made a post in the SB main forum. I'd post now, but I'm at school atm.
Last edited by Jagged on Sat May 29, 2010 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lumi: they stand no chance against the JAG SAFETY BLANKET

Random avatar

Fri May 28, 2010 7:24 pm
NepoGirl says...

Really? I thought this was the main forum. I guess I'll check it out. Thanks!

351 Reviews

Sat May 29, 2010 3:37 pm
ToritheMonster says...

we're starting today, I just need to straighten out the slots. I'll make the first post, and then PM everybody.

351 Reviews

Sat May 29, 2010 3:39 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Arahnia, you may join. We could really use some first gaurds. The servant slots are, I believe, taken, but you can still be a lord or lady. Check out page one.

Kidashaka, your profile's great, but the peasant slots are filled. Could you choose a different one? We realllly need some first guards.

351 Reviews

Sat May 29, 2010 3:47 pm
ToritheMonster says...

I lied! Seelie servant spot is open. I'll save it for you, Arahnia.

If you're paranoid that you're making your novel worse with each passing decision clap your hands
— Panikos