z

Young Writers Society

Academy Redux! DT

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:43 am
ToritheMonster says...

Galactus? Didn't he eat planets? Erm, skutter... not trying to be discouraging, but, erm, Glactus was around 1000 feet tall and ate people and energy. I don't think he would have had kids. And he didn't really have any relations.. I don't know. It just doesn't seem like a very possible profile.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:23 am
Aet Lindling says...

Dreamy, observe the FAQ.
dun worry
it's all gun be k

351 Reviews

Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:22 pm
ToritheMonster says...

*observes*
I see... I was just saying, he doesn't do much besides be tall and eat stuff. It would be kinda hard to level up.

Whatever. I'm not in charge. Do whatever you want. :D

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:15 pm
cheeb says...

Santa's here, and he's got a sack full of goodies for y'all.

Firstly, the Timetable! Yeah, I know, only one class actually happens at a time, but can you blame me? It's SO much easier to sort.

Secondly, the class lists! If you've applied for any class but aren't on the list for it (or if I've forgotten to add your character entirely, god forbid), do let me know, I may very well have messed up somewhere.

Finally, the revised dorm arrangements. Umm... not much to say about these. Probably the least exciting present I'm dishing out tonight. Yes, I have only rearranged the B-block because it was the only one with lonesome people, and no, I don't care if you don't like your roomie. XD

And now that we have a timetable, we can start classes AFTER everyone has gone to sleep. We'll say the rest of the week passed without excessive incident due to more staff arriving to keep people out of mischief *coughBartcough* and start a new day (and week) taking classes. :D
the user formerly known as chibibo

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:34 am
Bloo says...

Dreamy: Um, don't you think that at level 0, its sort of over powered to be able to jump 5 hours in time?

We're supposed to scale slowly.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

53 Reviews

Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:39 am
cheeb says...

Dreamy, next time you want to ask someone to post can you do so in this thread, or else over PM? The other thread is for character's POV posts.

351 Reviews

Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:14 pm
View Likes
ToritheMonster says...

yeah sorry. And I know it's a little to much, she can usually only do one, hence why she passed out and will not wake up for quite a while.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:56 pm
Kale says...

Just a little note that I'm busy studying for finals and all, so I probably won't be posting for a while.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:13 am
skutter11 says...

Erm...stupid question, but...have I been REGECTED?
"Madness rides the Star wind"

HP Lovecraft. Ironic, no?

53 Reviews

Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:55 pm
cheeb says...

Sorry skutter, I didn't know you'd edited your profile.

Regarding your abilities: they're a tad strong. Like, a large tad. I know your character is supposed to be descended from Galactus, but if you look at the ability growth of other characters... at level 5, you're already looking at sucking enemies (and potentially other students) into black holes, at level 6 you're creating stars and at level 8 (two levels from maximum) you're creating entire universes, albeit on a smaller scale. Meanwhile the rest of us at the same levels are just learning to transform, manipulate electricity or affect the health of a single person; and even at level 10 we're summoning dragons/beasts/flying machines, tickling enemies with magic or gaining the ability to switch between personalities at will.

And on a more minor note, you're missing ability stages for level 0, 9 and 10.

So, I hate to ask this of you... would you be willing to edit it just a little more? I know you've been trying hard to make this and I do appreciate it - it's sooo close! Can you dumb down your powers a bit, just to the stage where others at the same level can compete? If you can do that and add your level 0 powers, I'll accept you and you can add levels 9 and 10 sometime later.

On another note entirely:
Would anyone have any objection/approval/whatever if I were to sometimes post as a teacher or QM? It would make it easier to move classes along (since we seem to have hit a slight roadblock here) and in QM's case it would be easier to introduce new schemes to attack the Academy or otherwise further his plans. Thoughts?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that if I were to post as NPCs, those posts would not count towards Zeke's level growth.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:46 pm
ScarlettFire says...

I have no objects to you posting as QM or a teacher, Chibs. It would move the SB along too... So, go for it.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

1220 Reviews

Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:25 pm
View Likes
Kale says...

I say go for it.
WRFF | KotGR

53 Reviews

Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:33 pm
cheeb says...

Hooray Skutter is approved! Dorm room is... hmm. Since Kineta hasn't posted since page one, I'll move her into an empty room and stick you in A3 with Insomnia's character. XD

1220 Reviews

Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:14 pm
Kale says...

I think continuity has been broken. >.> Corda and Nolan aren't in the room when Bolt Bart visits Dawno, so they can't be just coming out of the office when Liz gets the smackdown.

((Edited for coherency. Finals. They kill my brain. @_@))
WRFF | KotGR

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:46 am
Octave says...

Umm...Let's ignore that for now? ^^" Let's just pretend Nolan and Corda were in the hall then and you can start from us leaving/your response to Nolan's offer to Dawno until whenever. :D
"The moral of this story, is that if I cause a stranger to choke to death for my amusement, what do you think I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me who ordered you to kill Colosimo?“

-Boardwalk Empire

Love, get out of my way.

Dulcinea: 2,500/50,000

Obsessing over what you regret won't get you anywhere.
— Steggy