z

Young Writers Society

Mythology DT

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:39 pm
RayneChild says...

FINALLY! Now we can talk about things here instead ^^ Here's the characters so far:

Females:

Jade - Goddess of Night
Terra - Goddess of Animals/Nature *NOT creatures ;)*
Maia - Centaur
Virenna - Goddess of Rain
Kaia - Goddess of Mischief
Illana - Goddess of Prophecy/Poetry
Desirae - Goddess of Desire/Lust
Aella - Goddess of Lighting/Wind/Thunder (storm)
Philomela - Goddess of Music
[s]Thea - Human[/s]
Elysia - Forest Nymph
Alcina - Goddess of Thought/Learning
Arista - Goddess of Party/Festival
Cassandra - Rulsalka
Jamie Steyler - Human
Skylark - Goddess of Misery/Lies/Deception/Illusion

Males:

Basil - Human
Thanatos - God of Death
Draka - Stymphalian Bird
Syn - God of Chaos/Dreams
Nimriel - God of the Sun/Day
Hector - Ghost
Kaga - God of Judgement
Vero - Shape shifter
James - Demi-god
Famine - God of Desert/Hunger/Thirst/Resurrection/Famine
Lukas - God of Youth/Wine

Hope this helps guys! ^^
Last edited by RayneChild on Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Singing: It's more than my forte; it's my fortissimo
---
They say "Guns don't kill people. People kill people."
Well, I think guns help. If you just stand there and yell BANG I don't think you're going to kill too many people...

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:19 pm
In_the_Moonlight says...

So where exactly is this banquet being held in Mount Olympus? It could be in celebration of one of the older Gods 500th birthday or something along those lines. :D

Also i think it would be a lot better if we actually had some idea of a plot outline besides the banquet....i'm just saying :oops: :D
If I can impact one person, just one, with my writing before I die, then I've lived a great life

30 Reviews

Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:30 pm
View Likes
RayneChild says...

Well, does anyone have a good idea for a plotline? I think that'd be a good idea too, since the last time we just let everyone do whatever it turned to mass chaos. Besides, that's just for the gods, which actually make up majority of the characters but still ;) Our other characters need something to do lol. So like...two or three plots wouldn't be a bad idea XD

And the feast could be just because. The gods did that a lot ;) Had random feasts.
---
Well, I think guns help. If you just stand there and yell BANG I don't think you're going to kill too many people...

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:47 pm
Lauren2010 says...

I am in favor of something for the non-god characters to do! Neither of mine are gods!

An idea of Elysia...since she is a forest nymph and all for protecting nature and animals, Terra could use her for some sort of 'special quest' or something. She just wont easily leave the forest.

Also, Hector is just going to ghost around and be all depressed and mischevious. But he'd like something else to do too. =)

Maybe the gods could conflict. Like the hunters are hunting animals and then the gods protecting those animals get mad and want them gone. But then other gods are for these hunters or something and they send their own specially equiped humans to take care of the hunters and more gods conflict and it basically becomes one big mess of the gods controling humans and other creatures all to get their own way. If that makes any sense. Hah.
Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:56 pm
phantom of the potter says...

I have a bit of a small question - I know that in the myths, Mount Olympus was reserved only for gods, but because Basil and Kaia are so close, can an exception be made? Do you think Basil could be there?
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

30 Reviews

Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:11 am
RayneChild says...

Phantom: I don't see anything wrong with that :) Lol I don't ever even remember hearing about that rule except in Hercules XD

Lauren: That sounds awesome! Heehee Terra has a little minion :twisted: Lol just kidding X) But yeah, that sounds cool :) She could get her to gather her fellow nymphs and take down the hunters XD Lol or somthing.
---

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:25 am
WaterVyper says...

That sounds like a great idea. Everything was just getting confusing here. So, war between the gods, sending minions to fight? I'm in favor. Need me to bring up a prophecy? That could give a little direction to start the war.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:08 am
Bloo says...

Phantom: Actually there is no rule about that. Tantalus is an example, he used to dine with the God before he stole from them and fed them human flesh.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

30 Reviews

Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:01 am
RayneChild says...

Yay for good ideas!!! Lol. Now...how are we going to start this back up? We can't just jump straight into the war. How are we going to start the banquet?
---

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:09 am
phantom of the potter says...

Oh, I don't know... I can make some short little post with Kaia and Basil chatting.
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:33 am
Moo says...

Darn I only just saw the list here and I went and made one!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lol
“Poetry is old, ancient, goes back far. It is among the oldest of living things. So old it is that no man knows how and why the first poems came.”

--Carl Sandburg

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:36 am
Moo says...

I shall move my rear end to the story book and delete it... *fail*

Oh yes... if there's going to be a war, I think Terra would probably be against Famine. Everything around him perishes so she'd probably get pretty cross at that lol
Seeing as he collects souls (he's kinda like a grim reaper) he would more be neutral though. Ugh. I dunno. Any ideas guys?
“Poetry is old, ancient, goes back far. It is among the oldest of living things. So old it is that no man knows how and why the first poems came.”

--Carl Sandburg

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:10 pm
View Likes
Bloo says...

Moo: I think Famine and Thanatos would work close toghther. So maybe when Terra threatens his reaper, he get's mad, and steps up as a warer with Terra.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:56 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hm, Draka and Illana are kind of in the middle. Draka's a Symphalian bird, and he's a flesh-eating creature, so I'm not sure where he should be. Earlier on, I made a post about the 'phase' he would go through, then become a vicious bundle of mostrous feathers, so maybe halfway through the war, he become rogue?

And Illana doesn't like to interfere with things, so I'm not sure how to bring her in. Is there someone who could help?
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:26 pm
arya says...

OMG.... *So confused look* so did we restart allready?
Life isn't fair,
its just fairer than death,
that's all...

Sometimes my life just sounds like surrealistic fiction being sold on clearance at the book store.
— J. G. Hammersmith