z

Young Writers Society

The Hunger Games DT

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:16 pm
In_the_Moonlight says...

Okay, if anyone has questions or is confused, just state your problem and I swear I'll do my best to answer.
If I can impact one person, just one, with my writing before I die, then I've lived a great life

216 Reviews

Reviews: 216
Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:03 pm
asxz says...

Okay, I'd like to join... I haven't read the book, But I've reserved it from the library. Can I reserve a place, and then I'll start soon... I might be a little slow at first, but it is the holidays for me, and I read because I have nothing else to do!

I'll read through what to start with, and then I'll join... maybe in a week or so's time?

Thank you so much, because I have heard great things about this book! I'm really excited now!
::XoX::KeepWriting::XoX::

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Writing is 3% talent and 97% not being distracted by the internet

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:21 am
Light_Devil says...

So, can you please define exactly what an Avox is? I chose my character to be one, but what exactly is an Avox?
"Eat, Drink, Play"- National Pub Poker League
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
You wanna go to sleep? Click this --> http://qinni.deviantart.com/art/Timeles ... -102881379

106 Reviews

Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:41 pm
In_the_Moonlight says...

Okay Light Devil, the best way I can explain an Avox is to give an example. There was a red-headed Avox in the book that was a servant in the Capitol and had her tongue cut out for a wrong doing. They see and hear everything that goes on between the tributes, because they serve them all the time. At lunch they tend to the tribute's food and keep to themselves.

How does an Avox get caught?
A few years prior to the novel, Katniss and Gale saw the girl and a boy being chased by a hovercraft in the woods, but did not intervene. The boy was killed and the girl was captured. The girl came to be the Avox. It's not said what she did really that was so against the capitol but Katniss leads you to believe she was against the Capitol's decisions.

What's good about an Avox?

Like I said they know all the scoops on everything basically because people ignore them as they serve. Little does the Capitol know, but the Avoxes are ready for the rebellion. So basically you could create your own little plot within the plot. For example your character could know about the rebel tribute before anything happens.

Hope that helped! :D
If I can impact one person, just one, with my writing before I die, then I've lived a great life

106 Reviews

Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:40 am
In_the_Moonlight says...

Tributes:
Savy Delm-District 12(In_the_Moonlight)
Robin Caraway-District 7 (Autumn Silence)
Madison Johnston-District 1(Whitetiger93)
Ranmaru Kaoru-District 11 (foxfire)
Tranquilla Tuono-District 7 (Peanutgallery007)
Sara Saunters-District 2(asxz)
Rian Wings-District 12 (imapoemperson)
Pita Rouge-District 2 (Jok101)

*Foxfire and Peanut, ovbiously we have a tiny situation. Both of you picked district 11, so one of you's got to change it.*

Avoxes:
Ringo Tori (Light_Devil)
Levi (In_the_Moonlight)
Rain Wings (imapoemperson)

Others:
Eve Bordae(Peanutgallery007)

If there are any questions or things you'd like help with please ask it in the DT.
Last edited by In_the_Moonlight on Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:15 pm
View Likes
imapoemperson says...

I will create Rian's twin sister as an Avox too, just give me until shcool is over. :wink:
"We played Pin the Tail on the Reason My Life Feels So Insufficient, and nobody won." -Megan Moriarty

106 Reviews

Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:02 pm
In_the_Moonlight says...

That's fine poem. The storybook isn't going anywhere over night. :D Thanx for notifying me, though. This way I know what's going on. :D

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:40 pm
Autumn Silence says...

Can someone be the District 7 boy? There isn't one but there needs to be...
Humans have a knack for choosing precisely the things that are worst for them.
~J.K. Rowling

106 Reviews

Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:46 pm
In_the_Moonlight says...

Yeah, I talked about that in the actual storybook. :D

47 Reviews

Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:49 am
imapoemperson says...

Name: Rain Wings

Appearance: Long brown hair, shortish, and she has dark brown eyes that seem to look into your soul.

Personality: quiet for the most part, but when she has something to say she will get her point across. Will most likely talk to others that she knows well. Likes to be a part of things. Has a happy demeanor.

District: From 12, but lives wherever she is sent to.

History: Ran away from home, without even telling her twin brother Rian.

Other: Can persuade almost anyone to do anything, unless they have their mind completely set. Will do anything for her brother.
"We played Pin the Tail on the Reason My Life Feels So Insufficient, and nobody won." -Megan Moriarty

106 Reviews

Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:39 pm
In_the_Moonlight says...

Just wanted to update this saying: I updated the tributes on my other DT post and the Avox count.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:53 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

*raises hand enthusiastically*

I agree. I think that this is taking awhile and that it would be best if we skipped over the interview. It's really not that important anyway. Just my opinion, but yes, I agree.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

47 Reviews

Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:43 am
imapoemperson says...

I say we skip it!

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:42 pm
Light_Devil says...

SKIP! Anyways, can I get a count on who exactly is an Avox, I've lost my own character already and I wanted Ringo to plan a meeting with all character rebel Avoxes.

So, who's an Avox?
"Eat, Drink, Play"- National Pub Poker League
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
You wanna go to sleep? Click this --> http://qinni.deviantart.com/art/Timeles ... -102881379

47 Reviews

Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:08 am
View Likes
imapoemperson says...

It has the characters listed above. :wink:

“It doesn’t matter what you are, it only matters what you do. It’s your choice.”
— Sam Winchester