z

Young Writers Society

Cut & Paste Discussion Thread

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:31 pm
Incognito says...

Hello everyone,
I am just following moonjumper's request. We need to figure out where to start, plotlines, and maybe even any questions you need to get out before we start. We need all your cooperation because it seems certainly that we have a lot of people in this Storybook, and I believe it is going to be fairly quick paced.

So if you have any suggestions post them here, and questions; I am sure moonjumper will answer. Now let's get this going so that we can start the actual storybook. ;)

This forum will also be used to discuss any situations that may occur as the story progressed and the intricate plot-line develops. So post why don't you!

Make sure you keep an eye on this Thread though. Things may progress here before the story and you need to keep posted.

~Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:59 am
Lauren2010 says...

Woo! Discussion! =) So, I think the actual plotline should be more developed (like moonjumper said). So we should start by discussing that.
Got YWS?

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:33 am
Bloo says...

Well most stories like this have a general plot line.

A bunch of super powered kids escape from a place, are chased around, then rise up to rebel against the people and take them down.

Of course there is room for many side plots in there as well, buts that's gonna be the basic one.

Also I will not be on much after tomorrow, so if we don't start then, I will most likely bring my guy, I forgot his name sorry, in late, I think on the 19th latest. I'm gonna be on vaca, and will not be online much as a result, because of the poor connection there, my large pile of books I want to get done by the end, vacation, and the fact my sister will be on that sole server a lot.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

39 Reviews

Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:56 am
moon jumper says...

That's okay, boltage, I'll make sure your character doesn't slip out of text.

NOTE: Anyone on vacation, you need to post HERE when you 1) leave 2) how often you can get on, if not at all, and 3) when you'll be coming back!

Thank you, Incognito, for helping me out. Gold star to you! :)

Anyway, if anybody has awesome plot or sub-plot ideas POST THEM HERE!

MJ
Writing once a day keeps the voices away, and I've created a blog all about it: Daily Dose.
...and I'm now trying to create a user group based on the idea! Tell me if you're interested!

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:30 pm
Light_Devil says...

Well, because we have so many people, I was thinking that, there should be this split line. You know, EVERYONE shouldn't just want to go, even though there is a very smart reason to leave, some people may not want to.

So, I was thinking that there is a half-half split line. This is just a thought - those that want to leave and - those who want to stay. This kind of goes hand-in-hand with what boltage was saying, but the in-fighting makes for a fun storybook instead of making up evil people to randomly fight.

There are those rallying against the Duke and there are those rallying for the Duke. People can swap sides, fall in love with opposite sides, have people they hate on their own side and that would make a very nice interesting SB.

(And because I always think things through when I add ideas) First in best dressed. If you chose to be against leaving or for leaving, the faster you choose the better chance you'll get what you want.

So it would be like, 8 partials for, 8 against, 2 scientists for, 2 scientists against. Keep in mind that this really is just an idea and can be completely ignored if no one likes it.

So, that's it. First in best dressed for a half-half split line.
"Eat, Drink, Play"- National Pub Poker League
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
You wanna go to sleep? Click this --> http://qinni.deviantart.com/art/Timeles ... -102881379

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:34 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Okay. I will be on vacation and I'll hardly be allowed on. I leave on Saturday and I'll be back on the following Friday. When I visit my cousin, I'll get on his computer. I'm not sure if my laptop will get service.

Anyway my ideas are--

Well it's not really a plot but more of an idea. Animals are very territorial right? Well that could cause problems between some of the teens. I mean, for the more agressive ones. Just a thought. Tell me if you think it's stupid. I won't be mad. =D

39 Reviews

Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:05 pm
Bloo says...

I like LD's idea.

Also sense I will be gone before we start this, I will allow someone to control my guy temporarily, so long as kept in character, or you guys could just puppet him along the whole time, or I could just bringing him in when I get back.

And if we go with LD's idea, then my guy is going to be against the duke.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:10 pm
In_the_Moonlight says...

I don't have a plot idea right now, but I do have some info. I probably will only be allowed on the computer once a day starting thursday. I have a lot of Easter preparations coming up. :D

Moonlight :D
If I can impact one person, just one, with my writing before I die, then I've lived a great life

127 Reviews

Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:11 pm
Incognito says...

I believe Jesse will be with the partials.

I agree with Light_Devil, I think there should be a rally against Duke. That would be increidbly interesting. But of course we would have to figure out somewhere to go and do for the rally, and obviously we will have to figure out who will be incharge of Duke, which will probably be some random guy that MJ will figure out. He will just be a random add on.

I also want my character Jesse to be apart of the leave.

But to start it off I think we should have it start off in the containment center, because the scientist are wary about the animals and their ablities, not wanting to leave them unattended to the public. I believe that there could be some kind of uprising there, making the containment centre destroyed or something. Some Partials may want to stay in the destroyed place, the only place they are familiar with, not wishing to be apart of the human society and the others will leave. It will also make the scientist more free, and unemployed making them have better free-mindedness.

The containment center could also be somewhere out of the city in the middle of nowhere. That could make it more interesting for the people who decided to leave.

That is just my imput.

~Incognito

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:19 pm
Kelly-Vision says...

Sorry, I'm Confused XD

Whats the leaving? Is that basically when the partials leave?

Why would some partials be for the Duke?

Could someone PM me and fill me in?:P
"Nico:'Death! Run For Your Life!'
Death:'Silly Little Nico, I Haven't Got One!*Kills People Who Are Running After Them With One Look*
Nico:'Oh Yeah...'
XD

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:41 pm
Musicaloo7311 says...

I like LD's idea. I want my character to leave, too. (If we go with the idea.)
Click-ity click! Reviews here. :)
The Completely Evil Plan.

"You treat me badly; I love you madly."
Formerly known as music_lover_7311.

127 Reviews

Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:00 pm
Incognito says...

Well, Kelly-Vision,
The leaving is when the partials do leave, some of them we want to stay though. you are correct on that part. Right now I am trying to figure out a way to explain why they would leave and where they would leave from. We only want around half of the Partials to leave.

And I am not quite sure why some Partials would be with Duke. We can be clever with that, just try to figure out a simple reason for each individual, maybe they thank Duke for their powers? Or they are indebted? I don't know.

I hope I somewhat cleared anything up. It is just Light_Devils idea.

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:19 pm
Lauren2010 says...

This is more of an idea concerning my character...whoever it was that I decided with to make our characters twins...maybe one twin should stick around and one should leave? Having to fight against family puts that sort of dilema in. Or they could both leave and stick together.

I like the half and half split though. =) And the idea of being territorial makes sense too.
Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:11 am
phantom of the potter says...

I had some sort of idea formulating about how possibly there could be a mistake in the Partial's brainsmaking them prone to dangerous mood swings... Barrick could find out, and for the protection of the scientists, have them contained. This could spawn a rebellion and cause some of the Partials to leave...

Also, I just want to give a warning that Barrick is being set up to have a couple family ties in the storybook... It looks like Incognito's character is now Barrick's neice and pending on Telina's character to be his daughter....

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:51 am
jok101 says...

I was thinking that they could all be on like the now *in the story8 abandoned manhattan island which was part destroyed when a war with some other country started and the bridges have been destroyed and it's just partials being herded around by soildiers and then they escape and the up rising starts. Also lie the partials are constently checked by the Dukes to see how their develoment is gettig on.

anyway when are we starting cause I'm itching to post.

Why should Caesar just get to stomp around like a giant while the rest of us try not to get smushed under his big feet? Brutus is just as cute as Caesar, right? Brutus is just as smart as Caesar, people totally like Brutus just as much as they like Caesar, and when did it become okay for one person to be the boss of everybody because that's not what Rome is about! We should totally just stab Caesar!
— Gretchen Wieners