z

Young Writers Society

Scandal from the inside - discussion thread

216 Reviews

Reviews: 216
Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:07 pm
asxz says...

Hello, this is the discussion thread. umm, Discuss!
::XoX::KeepWriting::XoX::

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Writing is 3% talent and 97% not being distracted by the internet

Reviews: 0
Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:10 pm
Zombie says...

Hey people. Since this is the first time I'm involved with storybooks (and YWS for that matter), I have little clue as to how we are going to do this thing. But I do look around and read few of the storybooks here and some are really good. Sadly there are a lot of them that broken down, unfinished. I have few suggestions;

- can we write only in 3rd person view? We don't know who the killer is and first person in my opinion gives away too much.

- since this story will be a complex one and will involves technicalities at certain point (I think), I suggest that we work together before posting in order to avoid confusions. Try not to make the events too random.

- can you, asxz, lead us along the story (act as somewhat a mediator) so that we won't get ourselves lost. For example instead of having us write random scenes you could point out what scene that's relevant to the story.

That's all I guess. I really love the idea of this storybook and can't wait to participate. So, what do you guys think?
One day, Zombie was walking down the street. He saw two of his zombie friends brutalizing an elderly old woman. Even for him it was difficult to watch. Against his better judgment he decided to help. Together the three of them killed her pretty quickly.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:08 pm
Bloo says...

Zombie for the first thing i have to disagree, well since i always write in the first person now, it is a lot easier, but for the rest, i almost laughed, all the story books try to do those but they always are forgotten, unless the idea is very good.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

216 Reviews

Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:16 pm
asxz says...

sweet! this is my first story book, so I suppose that I'll just post what's going to happen next here, and then you can put your character in that situation, ad away we go!

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:55 pm
Zombie says...

Alright boltageman, point taken. It's just that I feel really strange when the viewpoints are mixed for the same story...
One day, Zombie was walking down the street. He saw two of his zombie friends brutalizing an elderly old woman. Even for him it was difficult to watch. Against his better judgment he decided to help. Together the three of them killed her pretty quickly.

216 Reviews

Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:13 am
asxz says...

okay, This storybook is now Dead :(

Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:50 am
Zombie says...

Whoa, it's dead before it even started? Talk about premature death. Why is that by the way?

Cheat your landlord if you can and must, but do not try to shortchange the Muse. It cannot be done. You can’t fake quality any more than you can fake a good meal.
— William S. Burroughs