z

Young Writers Society

Uprising Discussion

252 Reviews

Reviews: 252
Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:15 pm
Insomnia says...

My internet's gone off, so I don't know when I'll be able to post again. I've just managed to get to another computer before we go away for the day.

A note, if anyone continues with me before I get back: I'm suspicious of Videl. Paranoid, remember. ;) I'm not going to trust anyone completely, especially if I don't approach them myself. I'm not going to be blatant, though. Like my other post said, I still have some respect for her.

Anyway, I'll stop ranting. Good job, everyone.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:31 pm
View Likes
FinalFreedom says...

LOL I don't blame you for being suspicious of her; she went and fell on someone. She's a suspicious person :P

We'll keep Kester alive, promise :)

And as for the topic of trusting Videl; I'll make sure that if any dialog is done between her and Kester, than I control your character in an untrusting way :)
Anti-Peta.

"In Vabbi , I was ambushed by six of them! They wielded blunt wooden sticks and were hissing at me about overdue fines... Bandits? Oh, no. These were library envoys."

-- Vael/Nathanael, Guild Wars: Eye of the North

166 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 166
Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:40 pm
Charlie II says...

I've done my best to portray a paranoid Kester! Hope it's good enough! ;)

It seems the storm is clearing up now. We can't spend too long on one night, can we? :P Perhaps the new day that rises over the horizon to meet us will bring new challenges and partnerships....

Perhaps.... :D

Charlie
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
-- Woody Allen

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:12 am
LowKey says...

In advance:

Going up to the mountains on the 9th, coming back the 15th. Because we'll only be up there for six days, it's unlikely we'll bother re-launching our on-going war with the internet, so no posting. Would appreciate it if Galea could remain in the story, though would completely understand if she became in the background, as Ballow currently is. Week's a while, after all, and it would be rather rude of me to drop her on your shoulders for a week and expect you to keep her in tip-top active shape.

On that note, anyone know when Light Devil's getting her internet back?
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:47 am
Ego says...

Notes on my newest post:

The key to the slaves' shackles is in the bucket of slop. The cage door leading to the ship deck is unlocked. The guards are all either a) on guard duty, b) getting drunk and feasting, or c) sleeping.

Also, a note to all: Read the Discussion Thread before you even read the main thread--there is frequently critical, need-to-know information posted here--Such as that which is above.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:52 pm
LowKey says...

Quick note to avoid confusion:

The key was at the bottom of the slop, and so came out with the last bit of it, falling into Deaven's bowl. Thus, why Galea had to grab the key from him.
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:35 pm
Jiggity says...

Okay, so I spent an age on that last post.

If you want any character dialogue or reactions ironed out, talk to me in PM or MSN (check my profile) and I'll see what I can do about editing.

I decided, in that last post, that it made sense for the slaves to have been on different levels of the ship. So, Labour Slaves at the bottom, Exotic ones above, and over them, the actual deck.

The weapons Elias grabbed were, I thought, too little and too few and so I arranged for the ship's makeshift armoury to be made available to us. Convenient, I know - its just for variety of weapons, in case anyone needs something outlandish and for need of clothes.

Thoughts, ideas?
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

166 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 166
Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:45 pm
Charlie II says...

Thoughts:

If the main group are off to butcher the remaining crew, Machavell will certainly not be going with them. He'll cooperate, but would much prefer to be away from the main action and "shooting from the sidelines" as it were. Machavell will want to play a major role in the uprising; it would look good for him to have been seen to "help" the slaves escape. So....

Possible next move:

An important part in any mutiny would be killing the Captain and capturing the helm of the ship. During the night there may be one or two slavers keeping the ship on course, but most likely they will lash the tiller in position and go to sleep. ;) If the slaves are to survive, they will need to have the navigational equipment and other important items from the Captain's cabin, and this is what I intend to take Machavell, Kester and Videl off to do.

Any suggestions? Flaws? Things to change?

Charlie
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
-- Woody Allen

798 Reviews

Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:48 pm
Jiggity says...

Not everyone is to be killed.

If you've read Dono's posts carefully, he's been sowing discord in the slavers for some time now. We can't crew the ship ourselves, obviously, so we need some of them. The ones sleeping are good; mostly, everyone else has been taken care of I think.

But I don't see any reason why you shouldn't try and secure the navigational equipment.

Don't know if Dono has already killed/plans to kill the Captain though, so maybe wait for his input.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:41 pm
Rydia says...

Elias won't rush forward during the killing. He will generally saunter about the ship, enjoying the fresh air and casually fighting off any slavers that decide to attack him but he won't go looking for trouble and he isn't aiming to kill anyone. Naturally, if they line themselves up, he'll run one or two of them through with his claws to deter others.

Also, should any female be in difficulty, he will step in and help out unless there is a reasonable chance it would cost him his life. And his helping out would be minimal effort. He would remain only long enough to assure himself of their well being and then he would walk away again.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:09 pm
Ego says...

Charles--

The problem with being a slave on a slave ship is that once free, you're probably not going to care if the people that captured you might possibly maybe perhaps not be all bad. Any warriors in the group--Dijon, notably--are probably going to want vengeance. Freedom is a truly important thing, to a warrior; why else does one fight, except to feel or remain free? That said, many of the slaves are probably going to hold some semblance of rationale, as well. They wouldn't just stand idly and let the crew of the ship--the only real chance they have of navigating the ship--be slaughtered while they sleep, or while they stumble about in a drunken stupor. As for your next move, go for it. Sounds rather awesome to me. Talk to me before you post your assault on the Captain, and we'll see what we can work out :)

Jig--

Nice insight regarding the slaves being on different levels of the ship--that's how I envisioned it. The exotic slaves are actually in the main cargo hold of the ship, hence why the crate of weapons was so easily accessible.

Group--

Be careful when writing for Eamon; he's not exactly your typical guy in terms of speech patterns, reactions and motives. He has his own agenda obviously, and since he'd never mention the truth of it, try to shy away from that line of questioning when writing for him. I'd definitely prefer to arrange a dialog session with you if you plan on writing him--I tend to do so with the dialog I write, because it gives authentic answers for the character straight from their creator's mouth. If you can't get a hold of me but want to write dialog for him, consider this; he's utterly fearless. This is a man that survived two decades on the streets of a big city with little assistance. He's quick, he's witty, and he's utterly confident.

He will stick by Dijon's side, through the fight--the big man will provide a huge distraction for the slavers, allowing Eamon to sneak in and strike as necessary.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

798 Reviews

Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:23 am
Jiggity says...

Okay, so here's what we were thinking.

Right now, Dijon - he said his name in front of y'all so you know his name now, although Eamon will undoubtedly continue calling him Bob - is checking up on the ship's circumference, to make sure there is no surprise attack, or lone sentry that was missed, etc.

The Trio of Tricksters - that would be Machavell and his troops, are heading off the captain's cabin. The sound of drinking and etc is everywhere; not localised, however, upon sneaking into the Cabin - which is quite large and luxurious (slave trade is burgeoning, don'tcha know) - they find a dozen drunken, easily enraged slavers.

My thoughts are that they will turn and run, allowing the majority of the slavers to spill out (and thus get rid of the whole close-quarters thing, which will hinder most of our advantages) and unleash all out war!

Yay.

Thoughts?

252 Reviews

Reviews: 252
Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:38 am
Insomnia says...

So, I've gotten the three of us to the cabin. Now, whoever is going next can continue it from there. Just tell me if you think I haven't written your character very well.

I think that's a good idea, Jig. I've set it up now. What about everyone else? xD

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:10 am
Lord Anzius says...

Could it be so that Deaven, would go looking for the place where the slavers keep all their food?
To copy reality is good... But to create reality is much, much better.
-Giuseppe Verdi-

798 Reviews

Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:35 am
Jiggity says...

Actually, he's probably starving so that's a realistic reaction.

Go search for the kitchen and pig out.

lol

Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.
— Ann Landers