z

Young Writers Society

Uprising Discussion

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:12 am
OverEasy says...

Also following Heathers example.

I have to say that with Lissa's mind nearly gone, an escape plan is hardly in the making just yet. However she does have a few tricks up her sleeve and once I figure out how I intend to implement them, I will let you guys in.

Also, she has no objection to befriending anyone, though she will probably never be completely friendly.

Ballow: She will be annoyed by him, and probably either ignore him or insult him.

Elias: She will respect him, his race makes him near her stature in the hierarchy of life. Also, he does not look at her with intention of mentally undressing her. For that she admires him.

Eamon: Lissa will be intrigued by him, he has a strange attitude she has never seen on a human, and is an interesting study. When she is not in one of her "spells" she will probably have conversations with him, he will make her curious.

Bob: Lissa is interested in Bob for one reason and one reason alone, his strength. Other than that he has no appeal to her. She prefers someone to battle wits with, and someone she can converse with easily. He is far too reserved for her to take much notice in him.

Videl: Lissa will like her very much. She will remind her of her human self from long ago, and she will enjoy bantering with another woman again, when her mind has cleared that is.

Galea: She prefers to spend her free hours with someone that is a little more… vivacious, however Lissa has no quarrels with Galea, and no intention to start any.

Machavell: Lissa will loathe him; obnoxious men have always been despised by her and her kind.

Kester: She probably will take little notice of him, but again, will have no quarrels with him.

Deaven: In Lissa’s mind, he is just a human slave, no more and no less. She has little interest in him, and doesn’t particularly care what happens to him.

Shirin: Lissa will have a soft spot for the girl. She will feel *almost* maternal towards her, though she still appears sarcastic on the outside, she is very protective of her, for reasons even she cannot explain.
Life is for living.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:18 am
FinalFreedom says...

I'm crunched for time at the moment, but Videl would befriend anyone on the boat as long they would her. She pretends to get along fine by herself; but really she cries out for friends.

Also, Videl has a plan about how to get her and Shirin out, but it most likely won't work.
Anti-Peta.

"In Vabbi , I was ambushed by six of them! They wielded blunt wooden sticks and were hissing at me about overdue fines... Bandits? Oh, no. These were library envoys."

-- Vael/Nathanael, Guild Wars: Eye of the North

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:34 am
Fand says...

Hey FinalFreedom--just in case you don't spot it in the storybook thread proper, thought I'd point out here that it's really quite out of character for Shirin to 'snap' at anyone. Her main characteristic is timidity, and while there's more to her than that, that's probably all anyone would see before getting to know her.

If you want to talk about character interactions--and this goes for everyone--you can either PM me or reach me at:

la litterateur (AIM)

chasingwhiterabbits@live.com (MSN)
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:42 am
Jiggity says...

Anzius - tis true, what you said about the master and public profiles.

But as Charlie pointed out, major plot points should be discussed here and its probably too early for one right now.

Bob admires strength, in all its manifestations. Mental, physical, emotional. He was a warleader once, head of a vast tribe, so he understands the collective and how to make use of different people. Right now, his frame of mind obviously isn't congenial, so its not like he's going to be looking out for anyone but himself.

Try not to piss him off, or set your character up as a perceivable threat to him or his safety - though he's unaware of it at the moment, the man is on the brink of all-out rage.

The only person with which I can say he will have a special disposition toward, is Shirin. She will remind him of his youngest, most silent daughter. Elias will annoy him; Eamon will intrigue him and possibly win some grudging respect.

As for the others, we'll just have to see how they react toward each other.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:13 am
FinalFreedom says...

Fand wrote:Hey FinalFreedom--just in case you don't spot it in the storybook thread proper, thought I'd point out here that it's really quite out of character for Shirin to 'snap' at anyone. Her main characteristic is timidity, and while there's more to her than that, that's probably all anyone would see before getting to know her.

If you want to talk about character interactions--and this goes for everyone--you can either PM me or reach me at:

la litterateur (AIM)

chasingwhiterabbits@live.com (MSN)

Oops, alright hehe, I'll remember that!

As for Videl; considering her past experiences, she is beginning to give up on her life of seduction, and mainly focus on trickery. She does not try to seduce everyone, and only uses her-"gift"- if it is a matter of importance to her or the situation she is currently in.

For character interaction, email allcdnmeese@yahoo.com, or add pup_kie@hotmail.com :)
Anti-Peta.

"In Vabbi , I was ambushed by six of them! They wielded blunt wooden sticks and were hissing at me about overdue fines... Bandits? Oh, no. These were library envoys."

-- Vael/Nathanael, Guild Wars: Eye of the North

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:17 am
OverEasy says...

I suppose I should do the same, if you want to talk about character interaction you can reach me on MSN at Tiffrosef@hotmail.com
Life is for living.

252 Reviews

Reviews: 252
Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:46 am
Insomnia says...

Kester will be quiet for the most part, and probably won't interact with everyone. However, for the sake of it and future reference:

Lissa: He will be intrigued by her changing personality, and watch her closely.

Ballow: As with everyone else, Kester will find him annoying.

Elias: Kester will be slightly intimidated by Elias at first, as he has never seen anything like him. After a while, he will begin to get used to him and respect him.

Eamon: Kester will be curious about him, However, he would probably not to him much, preferring to observe other people's personalities before he talks to them.

Bob: Kester is interested by Bob's strength and size and wonders if the man would be of some use in helping him escape.

Videl: Kester would also have some respect for Videl, due to her using her seduction to get her way. He admires those who go after what they want.

Galea: Kester doesn't have an impression of Galea yet. He is undecided as to what he feels, and reserves further judgement.

Machavell: Kester will respect him and be amused by his manipulation of the other slaves. He is the most likely of the others for Kester to strike up a friendship with, because he relates to him.

Deaven: Kester is indifferent to Deaven, feeling that he is rash in his decisions.

Shirin: He would also relate to Shirin, due to her quietness, another trait that he possesses. He has greater respect for people who can control themselves.

And if any of you want to collaborate, my e-mail is eternal_darkness2002@hotmail.com
Last edited by Insomnia on Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:53 am
Lord Anzius says...

Okay, so.. Deaven HAs this dream, about freedom, and he lives by his own morals.

His girlfriend and brother have been killed in one of the 20 revolts he has been in.

He has killed 24 of his 50 owners. He has been a slave since he was caught when he was 14.

He has always enjoyed hunting.

What he likes: He likes people with the same set of morals as him.
He loves the feeling of freedom. He loves the blood of slave traders.

At the time he hates both the crewmen and Machevel.
To copy reality is good... But to create reality is much, much better.
-Giuseppe Verdi-

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:50 am
Jiggity says...

At the moment, dude, you're unconscious. So, relax for a bit and think on the next post you're going to do.

I've set it up so that we're about to be hit by a pretty big storm. Will be an awesome counterpoint for flashbacks and other assorted character introspection. So, don't be afraid to delve; I sure am.

Also, I put in a little foreshadowing about how we are going to need rope to survive (see post) and just to nip any adventurousness on your part, in the bud - no slave has any rope or any possible access to it. Don't try anything. It will be taken care of by Dono.

If he wants us to live.

So, uh, pray he's in a good mood :D
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

166 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 166
Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:36 am
Charlie II says...

At the time he hates both the crewmen and Machevel.

By all means hate him, but spell his name correctly. ;)

Machavel

And mate, no hard feelings, yeah? This is a team storybook and every team has an agitator. I'm just playing a part. Comprendé? :D

Charlie
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
-- Woody Allen

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:55 pm
Rydia says...

You're playing a very good part, Charlie =)

Just a note for the owners of exotic slaves: Elias has no intention of harming the guard and actually knows that they will be given food and water eventually anyway. He merely enjoys tormenting him and in his own way is building up a relationship of trust between himself and the guard.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:44 pm
LowKey says...

EDIT: Multiple descriptions going on here, so just to clear it up, are our characters the only ones on the ship as far as slaves go, or are there others?

Lissa: Will probably give Galea a headache, both because of her mood swings and her tendency to act (and be) insane.

Ballow: As things are, Galea would become slightly annoyed with Ballow in the same way she would be annoyed with Deaven.

Elias: She would be wary of him at first, but would eventually make a fair judgement of him based on his actions after she sees him.

Eamon: As with Elias, Galea would be wary of him. She would be ammused with his character, though, and how he twists things to his advantage by making use of others.

"Bob": Has respect for him, but hasn't come to a conclusion on his character yet. She admires his ability to remain calm and quiet in a given situation, the storm being the most recent example.

Videl: Galea would be curious about Videl, but can't say how she would interact with her.

Machavell: She would admire his ability to keep his head and and do what he needs to to stay on top, even at the expense of others. Still wouldn't trust him further than she could throw him though.

Deaven: She's annoyed with him, but more intrigued by the man's furious and very rash drive for escape. Again, wouldn't trust him much, but this is mainly due to her fears as to what he might do without thinking it through all the way.

Shirin: Like with Videl, Galea will be curious to find out more about her.

Kester: Galea will be intrigued by this apparently beaten down figure who still has some spark left in him, and would be willing to work with him until she knew more about him.
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

166 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 166
Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:41 am
Charlie II says...

Multiple descriptions going on here, so just to clear it up, are our characters the only ones on the ship as far as slaves go, or are there others?

Good question. :P

If you're referring to FinalFreedom's post, I believe the "Love Slaves" have been moved into the same cell as the "Labour Slaves".

But, as to who Videl is addressing at the end of the post, I'm unsure. I think we can assume it's not Deaven, Galea or "Bob", so that leaves either Kester or Machavell, I believe. If you could post to confirm this, FinalFreedom, that would be great. If not, I'll post when I get back from school to keep it moving.

Although, everyone else will have probably posted by then! :D

Charlie
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
-- Woody Allen

252 Reviews

Reviews: 252
Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:56 am
Insomnia says...

Multiple descriptions going on here, so just to clear it up, are our characters the only ones on the ship as far as slaves go, or are there others?

"Oh, and Brent--stay steady, my friend. You more than most know the importance of this run. Those prisoners alone are worth enough to keep this ship in top-shape for the next decade."

I figured from that that there's a few more than us. I mean, I'd like to think so, but I doubt that we're worth quite that much. So I was assuming that there were quite a few of us. I'm not entirely sure, though. I have no idea who Videl fell on either, so I'll wait for a response. ;)

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:34 am
Ego says...

There are more than just you--not many more, but there are more.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

I tell the neophyte: Write a million words–the absolute best you can write, then throw it all away and bravely turn your back on what you have written. At that point, you’re ready to begin.
— David Eddings