z

Young Writers Society

Unleashed

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:05 am
Maybe says...

Here's the discussion thread for Unleashed.

Ok...start shooting off ideas for plot and how our characters are going to meet if you've got any! This is taking place in the World as we know it today, right sasquash?
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:29 am
sasquash says...

Pretty much.... but it might be kind of hard if anybody tries to use characters from lord of the rings or something of the same time frame, because the technology and the way of speaking and weapons will all be completely different. So id say that we should probably keep it in the same time frame unless you want to make a more up to date legales or Gandolf. As in Legales old bow- now sniper or shotgun..... or knife.. something more modern.

As for when and where we meet.... im not quite sure about that yet. Anybody have some ideas?
It's ok to be a kid sometimes,

it's what keeps old people young

and young people growing!

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:43 am
RoryLegend says...

I am assuming that it is an accident that all of these characters have been thrust from their world into this one? If that is the case then they could all get sent to like a playground or something and their common goal would be to get back to their version of reality..while running into the problems of todays world. The evil ones could start to cause problems and the heros could try to save the world and things could get very messed up.

Idk
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

116 Reviews

Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:38 am
Maybe says...

Haha, I like the idea of our characters running around and causing chaos. Of course, that could only last so long before it got boring.

Well, does the world now know about our characters? Like, for example, could my character Iron Man go flying around shooting off missiles and people say "Oh my god, it's Iron Man!" or would it be as though the characters never existed and people would say "Oh my god, there's this flying thing shooting off missiles!"

That would kind of help us with the plot. We could be chased around by paparazzi while causing chaos...*snickers*

Here's a character list, so we know who we're dealing with.

Sasquash: Edward Cullen, a 'vegetarian' vampire who can read minds. Blond hair, gold eyes, defined muscles. Surprising and crazy, though trustworthy.

October Girl: Maximum. Fourteen year old half-hybrid girl. Blond hair, brown eyes, tall, slim and muscular. Headstrong and Stubborn.

Bella: 1. Bella. An eighteen year old human girl. Pale, brown hair, brown eyes. Average. Is constantly worrying about something.
2. Alice Cullen. A 'vegetarian' vampire who can see the future. Short black hair, gold eyes, thin. Chipper and energetic.
3. Gir. A robot who likes tacos and dresses in a green dog suit. Silver with blue eyes.
4. Jack Sparrow. An insane and greedy pirate. Dark braided hair and brown eyes. Carries a sword and wears a hat.

RoryLegend: Lex Luthor. A 28 year old human with a bit of a dark side to him. Bald, blue eyes, and attractive face.

Maybe: 1. Tony Stark. Also known as Iron Man. Some call him a insane genius, and they're probably right. Short black hair, blue eyes, and a charming smile.
2. Griffin. A twenty year old Jumper who's only slightly insane, though very aggressive and pretty paranoid. Shaggy brown hair, blue-gray eyes and a very slim build.
3. Logan. Also known as Wolverine. An older-than-he-looks mutant and a bit of a rebel. Brown hair, brown eyes, and claws.
4. Jasper Hale. 'Veggie' Vampire who can control emotions. Blond hair, golden eyes, and pale skin. Cautious and wary at times. At others, he'll kill you in a heartbeat.

Billy: Fiddler. A human/falari that's a bit of a maniac. Short, wiry and red hair.

-May
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:16 pm
RoryLegend says...

Yeah I like that, but I also think we should have a goal for them..like I said earlier they could realize that they are in a different reality than their own after a while and realize that if they don't get back to their realities the space time cuntinum could collapse or soemthing.

But I definatly like Maybe's idea of causing havoc and being followed by paparazzi..lol
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

116 Reviews

Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:56 am
Maybe says...

The paparazzi thing was just a joke, but we can use it if everyone thinks it's a good enough idea. I also like Rory's idea of the space-time continuum thing. But we should only have a group of people causing chaos, because some of the characters personalities go completely against that. But again, we don't have to use that.

Um...we could always pull villain names out of the air and have them follow our characters to the world today. As far as I know, mostly all of our characters are good guys, more or less. So we could have, say, James and/or Victoria the vampire, whoever is the bad-guy from Maximum Ride (haven't read the books yet), Davy Jones, Obadiah Stane, Magneto, Roland, etc. pop up and threaten to do...something bad. Like, attempt to take over the world, attempt to blow part of it up, attempt to start a world war...you get the picture.

Just shooting off ideas as they come to me.

26 Reviews

Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:13 am
sasquash says...

I know its chiche' but, maybe they could all band together to try to kill all the 'annoying' good guys of the world. That way we could have some bad guys and good guys and there in an all out brawl trying to trick the other or kill them or whatever. You get the picture. That might be an idea to work though.

116 Reviews

Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:27 am
Maybe says...

Why not do this? Why not do that?

Why not do it all? We've got enough time, I should think. They're all good ideas. Maybe we could combine a few of them together to make them even better. We don't have to confine ourselves to one plot line. We just have to figure out which one comes first. :wink:

And where to meet, of course. Sasquash, does the world know about our characters? Like, could that have read Twilight and know who Edward and Bella are? And if so, then that would mean that meeting up would be easier in a more secluded place and probably not in a New York subway. Though a NY subway *would* prove interesting...

I don't know. What do you all think? And when do we start? :smt003

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:44 am
Bella says...

So, I've got a pretty random idea.

Not really, but I'm throwing it out there.

Saying taht we do the space-time continuum thing. Our characters are thrusted to now and being chased by papparazzi.

What about the actors, and the people who normally would play them? I'm fairly certain if Johnny Depp saw someone who looked JUST LIKE HIM running down the street screaming "parlay" as the papparazzi snapped pictures, he'd be more than a little freaked out.

Although that would be a lot of fun to do...
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

116 Reviews

Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:16 am
Maybe says...

:idea:

To branch off of what Bella said...

Our characters are thrown into the World as we know it today (maybe a not-too-far past/future). Villains are likewise now dwelling with Earth's beings. And they figure out the space time continuum thing before the other 'team'. And they figure out that if they kill the actors/authors who created the other team, the other team no longer exists in the other 'dimension'. So, whatever team you decide to be on is trying to kill the actors/authors of the opposing team. Kinda like a twisted version of capture the flag, so to speak. So each team member must guard their actor/author with their life because if they die, they're just sent back to their own dimension in a lot of pain (depending on how they died).

And we have x number of (days, weeks, months, etc.) to figure out a way to get back to our right dimension or else (insert bad thing) will happen.

142 Reviews

Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:34 am
Bella says...

*Gasps*

To kill Stephenie Meyer? That's blasphemy!!

And Stan Lee and Johnny Depp :(

Very awesome plot line, I love it. ^_^ When do we start and how long do we have?

26 Reviews

Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:54 am
sasquash says...

Yeah, thats a great idea! I think thatll work, well just wait a little while, get a few more characters.. i might start it later tonight if i get bored enough..

116 Reviews

Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:22 am
Maybe says...

Meeting place! We still need a meeting place! Or an appearance place, at least. I think we should stick to the USA, seeing as that's where most of our actors/authors live.

Few ideas here:

1. New York Subways. C'mon, you have to admit, it'd be interesting, to say the least.

2. We all end up in a hotel room. Just some random hotel room. Take your pick.

3. Old basketball court downtown in some large city (Chicago, New York, Las Vegas, etc.)

4. Out in the middle of nowhere. Again, take your pick.

That's what Ive got. Anyone else?

Edit:

Bella and I talked over MSN and came up with the idea of us all meeting up at the baseball game site, though it would only be Edward, Alice, Bella, and Jasper there because they crossed over into out dimension and all. Perhaps they could've been sent out to set up before the others got there? Anyway, I just posted with my characters heading to Washington/Forks. If we decide on some other location, I'll edit my intro post.

142 Reviews

Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:39 am
Bella says...

Adding on:

Lol, thank you Ari!

So, what if all the characters stumbled onto the baseball game? We start them all out in their own time, and as Bella and the Cullens are the closest to our time, it would make sense to meet there. I was thinking the cliched "flash of lightening that isn't really lightening" would do the trick.

I don't know what the rest of you think, but just in case it's all ready raining in all of my characters places ^_^

26 Reviews

Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:41 am
sasquash says...

Yeah, i think the baseball game is the best place to meet at this point in the story. Later on though, we could probably get to some of those places. Well have to figure out places with no sunlight though, unless the vamps dont go with, because if youve read the books, in sunlight there skin is like a million dimonds shining, and if thats not an obviouse give away as an unatural person, i dont know what is. Considering that the subway is out of sunlight though, i think we could incorperate that into the story unless somebody has an abjection to that, and if they do, they should say it now, so we know what our options are.

"Be happy, my friend; and if you obey me in this one request, remain satisfied that nothing on earth will have the power to interrupt my tranquility."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein