z

Young Writers Society

Juniper Halls Discussion Thread

661 Reviews

Reviews: 661
Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:31 am
Jasmine Hart says...

Yup, I'm evil. :D JFW, there's no secret plan, the thing about me is that I am very bad at plot...if anyone has suggestions or questions or anything just post here. Actually, since I'm on the subject, does anyone have any idea what Briar and Willow can do now that they're effectively homeless?
Speaking of Willow (think TNCowGirl's writing for her...) does anyone know if she's coming back?
"Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:25 pm
JFW1415 says...

Hm...I think I'm a little slow. Since when are they homeless?

~JFW1415

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:29 pm
Rydia says...

They quit their jobs with their aunt.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

438 Reviews

Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:40 pm
JFW1415 says...

Oh. I did read this, I just forgot... That's what I get for only getting four hours of sleep three nights in a row, I guess. O.o

~JFW1415

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:18 pm
Phindin says...

I suppose they could stay at Aidan's house.

Which could be pretty fun as a plot device. =P
"Buy, buy, buy, buy; sell, sell, sell
How well you've learned to not discern;
Who's foe and who is friend,
We'll own them all in the end."

438 Reviews

Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:20 pm
JFW1415 says...

That would be interesting, but we'd need a reason as to why they're not staying with their father...

~JFW1415

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:24 pm
Phindin says...

Well, they did get separated at first for a reason.

Although I actually don't know why.
"Buy, buy, buy, buy; sell, sell, sell
How well you've learned to not discern;
Who's foe and who is friend,
We'll own them all in the end."

438 Reviews

Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:36 pm
JFW1415 says...

It was to make it easier on the father, correct? Although I doubt he'd turn them away if they were homeless...maybe they don't want to go home?

~JFW1415

661 Reviews

Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:09 am
Jasmine Hart says...

Maybe they could try going home and he could try sending them back to their aunt's. I'm not sure whether or not he's up to something...certainly spliting them up makes it easier on him, but I'm not sure this is the only reason...
Thanks for that suggestion, Phindin. I think they'll end up at Aidan's at some point...not quite sure on the specifics...suggestions welcome.
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

438 Reviews

Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:48 pm
JFW1415 says...

I really don't want this to die, so I'm going to post here, and see what happens. I'll pretty much be thinking as I'm typing, so pardon me if I contradict myself. :wink:

They can go back to the house. When Willow and Briar come in, they can talk to their father, and ask to come back home. He can try to talk them out of it, send them to live with their aunt. They don't want to, but they also don't want to upset him. Aiden offers to let them live with him, and they accept, but their father doesn't know.

Now for their dead mother...

Maybe Holly (since she lives in the house) could get a letter (from the murderer?) She goes and talks to Aiden/Briar/Willow, and they could call the others (so we get everyone in on it.) They don't tell their dad, but the murderer...hmm...wants something or he'll kill more of them? Something...

I'm not entirely sure, but I don't want this to die. Can anyone expand on this? I kind of like the idea of Holly getting letters. And then maybe the others could, which would be creepy, because how would he know where they were unless he were stalking them? Oooh...

I think James should be the murderer. :P Or Glenn! Some existing character?

People need to discuss in here before we post, though, because this is going to affect the plot a lot. :wink: Ideas, anyone?

[/rambling]

~JFW1415

661 Reviews

Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:23 pm
Jasmine Hart says...

Don't worry, it won't die.

Ya, I like the plan for Briar and Willow. That sounds good. If anyone sees TNCowgirl, maybe run it by her. (And ask if she's coming back!)

I'm not sure about the letter...I think the father has something to do with the death, but I'm not sure how direct his involvement is...

I'm not sure about James being the murderer (see previous paragraph) but I do think it would be interesting if he has some fault or does something bad (this can be very minor-remember the girls are in a bit of emotional turmoil, or it can be bigger...I think Rory, you're writting for James, so it's up to you.)

The letters could be interesting, but that would have to tie back in with the murder idea....unless Holly starts going a bit delusional and writing to herself?
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

438 Reviews

Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:37 pm
JFW1415 says...

Oh, the delusional part could be fun.

So TNCowgirl dissapeared? *Goes to find*

We do need to give James some reason in the story, so I'd like it if he was tied in somehow. Maybe the girls' father was also a poker player, got into trouble, and sacrificed his wife? Or his wife got in the way while Glenn and everyone was trying to kill him? (That would also make Glenn seem more threatening to James; right now I don't know what's going to happen if they catch James.) If we did that, when James sees their father, they'd recognize each other, and it'd be veeeery interesting. :)

~JFW1415

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:37 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Sorry I disappeared, I kinda got lost and ya. :'(. IF someone will catch me up I'll try and get back in. I'm really really sorry.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

438 Reviews

Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:02 am
JFW1415 says...

They just met, and Willow and Briar quit. Now we're discussing how to get Willow and Briar to stay with Aiden, and how to incorperate the whole 'killed mother' thing into this.

Any idea, TN?

~JFW1415

661 Reviews

Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:02 pm
Jasmine Hart says...

*pokes thread*
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

Maybe what most people wanted wasn't immortality and fame, but the reassurance that their existence had meant something. No matter how long... or how brief. Maybe being eternal meant becoming a story worth telling.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality