z

Young Writers Society

The Black Plague DT

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:27 pm
cat4prowl says...

The plot will unfold here. :D Also, feel free to post pictures of anything that might be helpful to the story. I will have a character profile list below, when anyone joins. Ask any questions here and expect answers, good luck!

Character List:

LunaBuna43- Lilith June(Purple Shark), female, 17, an orphan that stowed away on ships, was taken in by the captain and has been on the Black Plague for 4 years, future quartermaster

cat4prowl- Dierik Rous, male, 16, parents were pirates, he was born on the Black Plague and has lived there all his life, expected to be captain when he's old enough

Ghostwriter- Andy Dickerson(Winchester), male, 23, two years as a guard for the queen of england, got into piracy after a board ship removal

TNCowgirl- Caralina Smith, female, 15, her father was murdered for his stature and she never knew her mother, currently a stowaway on the Black Plague

kittykat- Leyshon Blodwyn, male, 17, can only remember that he has been involved in piracy since he was 13

Maybe- Arthur Hearthorn, male, 21, abused by his father, his mother left when he was young, stowedaway on the Black Plague at 12. When he was discovered, he proved his worth by killing a shark, at least that's how the story goes. Pilot/Navigator

Bella- Isabella(known as Tristan), female, 19, ran away in search of adventure at 17, hopes to return to her parents one day

Bella- Raphael Browning(Captain Raphael), male, 25, became the cabin boy for the Black Plague at 9 because his father wanted him to have a "decent life", he was given harsh treatment, he moved up slowly to captain through the years. Obviously, Captain.

~Volant~- Garin, male, 16, was a stowaway on another ship and was nearly killed for being stubborn, he's just happy to get away from that now.
Last edited by cat4prowl on Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

135 Reviews

Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:06 am
cat4prowl says...

Okay, I think there are more than enough females aboard my ship. All the rest must be male, captain's orders.

Speaking of captains, if one doesn't step up soon I will create the profile for him myself. Note: being approved for captain will not be easy.

Also, please ask any questions you have here. Any at all.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:38 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Oh ya, y'all won't know my girl is a girl for a little while like Bella. But I don't really have it planned how you'll figure it out. We'll see what happens. :D
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

135 Reviews

Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:00 pm
cat4prowl says...

Hey, I have this idea people. Tell me what you think:

How about I, or anyone else who cares to try it, send a PM to every character about our character's interaction or relationship. For example, I might PM someone saying that Dierik is suspicious of their character and doesn't trust them and ask what that character thinks of Dierik in return.

I think this would help get some good character conflicts going and also help authors be a little more comfortable storybooking with each other.

Just an idea, let me know if you like it!

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:03 pm
kittykat says...

Can we start the story at any time? Or will you be starting it?

couldn't help it, I just had to post this:

http://blog.tp.org/stacy/archives/piratekitty.jpg
Our happiness here is all vain glory,
This false world is but transitory,
The flesh is weak, the Fiend is slee
Timor mortis conturbat me.
--William Dunbar

135 Reviews

Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:22 pm
cat4prowl says...

I'll be starting the story, but I'm currently giving some time for a captain application. If no one shows, I'll be captain. And yes, I'm starting. Sorry, my idea so i get firsties!

And the pirate kitty, let's just say that could be our new captain. :P

Hey people! Give me some opinions on the stuff above! ^

We'll be ready to begin some time soon, hold tight!

135 Reviews

Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:59 am
cat4prowl says...

The position of captain is now officially taken by Bella! I assume the profile will be posted soon! **applause** Your character's are now subject to him. I will start the story tomorrow. Congratulations Bella!

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:05 am
TNCowgirl says...

Can I claim Derik though???? Pretty Pretty Pretty Please.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:10 am
Bella says...

I'm not sure I much care for that idea, Cat. It seems like that loses some of the originality of the storybook. Perhaps the writers of the SB should PM each other discussing these things.

For example, Ariel (Maybe) and I have already discussed Isabella and Thorn.

It seems like that gives more freedom.

Also, out of curiousity, will the captain be open for relationships? Or is that for me to decide?
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

135 Reviews

Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:13 am
cat4prowl says...

Umm I'm not sure which "idea" you are referring to, the PMing each other about character relations? Now that I re-read that, it seems a little overdone and I suppose...

Well let's just say that you are free to PM who ever you like or not to PM at all. I encourage communication between authors though..

Thank you for the opinion, Bella! No one ever seems to answer, and sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself. :roll:

It's up to you whether the captain is up for relationships, he is your character!

Just a reminder, I'm going to start tomorrow, can't wait! *jumps up and down*

135 Reviews

Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:15 am
cat4prowl says...

TN- I think I will make Dierik a free-for-all, as I've received some more interest in him. So, if you want him, you're gonna have to go get him. :wink:

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:44 am
LunaBuna43 says...

So you're starting it tomorrow on the Twenty-first? Oh boo
"When other girls wanted to be Ballerinas, I kind of wanted to be a Vampire." ~Me
My first puppers Pikapet
My second puppers Pikapet
Check out my new group! Roleplayers Unite!

135 Reviews

Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:16 pm
cat4prowl says...

Well for me, over here, it's the 20th, and I've already started it. Go see!

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:25 pm
LunaBuna43 says...

**Goes to look**
"When other girls wanted to be Ballerinas, I kind of wanted to be a Vampire." ~Me
My first puppers Pikapet
My second puppers Pikapet
Check out my new group! Roleplayers Unite!

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:16 pm
Bella says...

EDIT: (yeah, i'm putting it at the top) - Can we put in here who is what? We know that my character is Captain, but who's Quartermaster, and pilot, and gunner and such? It would be helpful if that was up next to the characters names (in the first post by cat4prowl). THank you :D

I think, since it seems that most of us are already dibsing characters for relationships, we should put who we are interested in, or if our characters are open for relationships, here. I shall start:

Isabella - Interested in Arthur Hearthorn

Raphael - open for relationship
Last edited by Bella on Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

The man who never makes a mistake always takes orders from one who does.
— Anonymous