z

Young Writers Society

The Black Plague DT

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:29 pm
Maybe says...

I was thinking that Toribrio could be something like Tildalma(sp?) from Pirates of the Caribbean. Not the same, definitely, but similar. *Shruggs*

-May
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:15 pm
cat4prowl says...

That's funny I thought of Tia Dalma too, but I don't want her to be as mysterious you know? Cuz in PotC she's the one who knows everything, but here she's just the descendant of a lady who was in a myth. But if she's crazy enough to live all alone on island, she has to be kind of gypsy-ish. And practice witchcraft; because that's why no one goes near her.

I was thinking she could have control of sea sprights (go here and scroll down) that might attack us on our way either to the island or to her hut. There's some other things on the page above ^ that might stand in our way. Like the Lusca, which will come later. Any ideas welcome!

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:31 pm
TNCowgirl says...

I'm up for the squid thing attack, cause that can be how my girl is found out to be a girl. :P. THat is just an idea for me. Who is TIa Dalma??? Is that the crazy lady from POTC???
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:24 pm
Bella says...

Yes, TN, Tia Dalma would be the crazy witch lady also known as Calipso in #3.

I could see Toribrio as being a lot like Tia Dalma.

Oh! *has idea* What if Toribrio is actually fairly young, like 15 or something? But she is extremely...wise? for lack of better word. She talks in a way that doesn't seem like her age. So then all the pirates see her and are like "oh yeah, this'll be easy" when in fact it would be really quite difficult?

Just another thought.

I'll look at those pics if I get a chance Cat -- the site is blocked here (i'm at school).
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:54 pm
~Volant~ says...

haha quick thought, what if she was blind? But she saw in different ways, like...I don't know...um...maybe she's so in tune with the sea, she knows it so well, that she doesn't need to see? Just a thought. Blind characters are awesome. lol

Also, I think people should look at her or listen to her say something and think, "Madwoman!" when really she's saying something that they need to pay attention to.

Heh, Cat4Prowl, does your Dierik want to be messmates with my Garin? XD
Where are we going?

135 Reviews

Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:19 am
cat4prowl says...

blind sounds interesting to me, and i really like the idea that we underestimate her. How old should she be? like ancient? or middle aged? or surprisingly young?

Messmates? meaning...? hehe sorry I'm sure Dierik wouldn't mind, he's really bored right now.

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:23 am
LunaBuna43 says...

*sigh* so is lilith

I think Bella's idea of Toribrio being young, like in the teens is a good idea. And her being blind sounds interesting also
"When other girls wanted to be Ballerinas, I kind of wanted to be a Vampire." ~Me
My first puppers Pikapet
My second puppers Pikapet
Check out my new group! Roleplayers Unite!

116 Reviews

Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:38 am
Maybe says...

I agree, Toribrio being young/blind would be cool, and easier for our characters to underestimate her.

And fair warning, I will be gone all weekend starting Thursday afternoon (after 3:45) to Sunday afternoon sometime. So please keep Arthur in the story and feel free to use him however you wish, as long as he is kept in character! Thanks!

-May
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:56 pm
~Volant~ says...

haha..um...the best synonym for messmates is probably roommates, but that's not really it. Ah, they're more like...um...co-workers, in a sense. Basically. Work together. Sort of. haha. Some pirate captains liked to pair up their crew and have them work together.

What if Toribrio looked one age, but really was another? Like, she looks to be seventeen when really she's, like, sixty? XD Okay, maybe not that, but something of the sort.
Where are we going?

135 Reviews

Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:57 am
cat4prowl says...

I'm not sure about the age thing, I really like the idea that she's young. It's different. What if we had someone play Toribrio? And Dierik and her could have a romance thing that would be fun... hehe for me. Or maybe have her be an all access character and still have romance, to make her mysterious. Or maybe just have someone play her... please let me know what you think!!

Messmates it is Volant! Would you mind introducing Guerin to Dierik? I'm a little busy at the moment. Thanks!

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:08 am
LunaBuna43 says...

I'll play Toribrio if thats okay. :P It would be fun!
"When other girls wanted to be Ballerinas, I kind of wanted to be a Vampire." ~Me
My first puppers Pikapet
My second puppers Pikapet
Check out my new group! Roleplayers Unite!

116 Reviews

Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:10 am
Maybe says...

I'd definitely be up for playing Toribrio if we didn't put her up for a all-access character! I'll PM cat a sample profile of what I think she'd look and act like.

-May

135 Reviews

Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:50 pm
cat4prowl says...

Maybe's profile is quite good, so sorry lunabuna! If Maybe's up to having two characters, she can have Toribrio. I like the idea of Toribrio being played by someone, so if Maybe doesn't want to I'll get someone else. Maybe, you can post the profile either here or in the story, it doesn't matter which. Thanks!

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:06 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Can someone talk to my girl. I mean even if it is another one of the girls befriending her or something because they can tell she is a girl or something.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:53 pm
Bella says...

TN >> eventually your character can run into Isabella/Tristan, seeing as they'll be sharing a room
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

The Twelve Makeovers of Haircules is the stuff of legend. He defeated the Erymanthian Beard. One could say it was a hair raising adventure.
— KateHardy