z

Young Writers Society

GT Plot Discussion

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:58 pm
View Likes
Dynamo says...

Actually Siegfried told me and I already edited it. If you're dyslexic like me it's easy to get those two names mixed up, and for that I apologize.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:39 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

I edited the post, just changed Alden to Adrian.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

Random avatar

Reviews: 82
Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:18 pm
misspriss says...

Yeah...um...I'm not going to be able to be in the storybook anymore because I am way too busy. But I guess everyone pretty much guessed that. :oops:

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:11 pm
Ego says...

Duely noted.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:03 pm
Ego says...

Come on Shadow, you can think of more than that to post. If you're just going to post two lines, why bother?

It's a little confusing as to what is going on with your character, at the moment. Assassins? Tied up? Are you referring to Dreffan? How did they get this info?
Got YWS? I do.

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:26 pm
Shadowsun says...

I'm busy with coursework, I'm tired and my computer is frequently crahing and I've spent a lot of time trying to fix it only for it to crash in the middle of something. I'm making posts even though they are short, because I want to keep my character in the storybook.

Onto my explanation:

Hunter wrote:"You are to be freed." Despite his thoughts, Dreffan kept a straight face and a calm tone. "You will be released into my custody, come tomorrow at dawn."

Dreffan took Adrian, Becky and Sirloaz into custody, so he was meant to be guarding them.

sabradan wrote: "You're under arrest in connection with the death of General Harris!" the head guard had screamed as he and nine others charged towards the group.

The army thinks that the group killed General Harris, and so does Sighard.

Hunter wrote:He realized he couldn't move his arms. He was seated on the ground against a wall, his arms bound.

There was no untying mentioned.

Hope that explains everything.

~ Shadowsun
Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Then who cares? You're a mile away and you've got their shoes.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:14 pm
sabradan says...

Come on, guys, lets get this back up!
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:48 pm
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

i'm confused.
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

576 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:55 pm
Ego says...

Then you should read more closely.

The Current Situation

The group has taken refuge in a cave that Zel has previously occupied. Dreffan is tied up while the group rests and eats. The horses are tied up just outside the cave entrance.

Shadow's character is rapidly approaching with nine of his men to assault the cave.

Apparently there is another group of men, rum runners, that have arrived. I vote for that detail to be stricken, leaving us with only two groups to deal with--the party, and Shadow's soldiers.

The Immediate Future

I think the group would stand against the soldiers. They would definitely win, and easily. It's up to Shadow to have his character convince us to let him live, because the group isn't exactly a merciful one.

After that, I think the group would leave. The soldiers would have sent out for reinforcements, and they wouldn't want to stick around.

Dono's Issues

I think we have a problem writing together. I'm not sure why, but it's there. There is little to no character interaction, which makes the entire thing very awkward and whatnot. I think we should all make a concerted effort to fill our posts with more depth and more character thought, emotion, and dialogue, because without it the story dies--you cant have story without characters, and no characters without character depth.

I'd like everyone to sound off--if you're interested in continuing, please do so. If you're not, also post that here. I'll be working with everyone who continues pretty extensively to see what we can do to fix it all.

Furthermore, please post some peeves you have with the storybook as a whole, because not voicing your concerns holds the storybook back.

Thanks all!
Got YWS? I do.

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:57 pm
Fand says...

Sounding off! *snaps to attention and salutes, then makes faces at Dono*
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

103 Reviews

Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:20 am
Dynamo says...

SOUNDING OFF!

Also, in my last post I actually intended those men to be Shadow's character's group. But, this way is good too, if not better.
Take that, science!

147 Reviews

Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:20 am
sabradan says...

*raises sword in salute*
I'm here. But there will be times when I will be less active, as I work four days a week as well as school, so yeah. But I'll try and be as active as possible.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

103 Reviews

Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:23 am
Dynamo says...

At least you don't have summer school to worry about. I have five days of school for the whole month for a new credit English course. Basically, new credit courses require you to learn one semester's worth of material in one month. I have until tomorrow morning to finish half of the book I'm reading for the class, King Lear by William Shakespeare...
Take that, science!

147 Reviews

Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:38 am
sabradan says...

Dynamo wrote:At least you don't have summer school to worry about. I have five days of school for the whole month for a new credit English course. Basically, new credit courses require you to learn one semester's worth of material in one month. I have until tomorrow morning to finish half of the book I'm reading for the class, King Lear by William Shakespeare...

I'm in summer school right now. I just got out of class an hour ago. And before that I worked for 5 hours.

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

103 Reviews

Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:40 am
Dynamo says...

Ouch...
Take that, science!

Too bad all the people who know how to run this country are busy running taxicabs or cutting hair.
— George Burns