z

Young Writers Society

Faded Reflections OOC!

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:20 pm
View Likes
AJW says...

Please feel free to post your character info here. Also if you have any ideas/just want to discuss some things then please do so on here or on my own personal wall. Either will be fine. I am always open to suggestions!

12 Reviews

Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:32 pm
View Likes
AJW says...

Also to be more specific.. Characters can be designed however you want them to be! I want a very wide variety! Also if you can handle it you can also have more than one character. Just let me know ahead of time!

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:19 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Ooooh… This looks interesting! I shall make a character when I can :D (maybe in a day or two?)
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

12 Reviews

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:20 am
View Likes
AJW says...

That's perfectly alright!

Random avatar

Reviews: 67
Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:08 am
View Likes
deleted32 says...

Quick question- do the characters have to be human or can they essentially be anything?
She who calls the stars to shine

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:28 pm
View Likes
Ley says...

I really wanna join this because it seems sooo fun. But alas, school is kicking my butt, so I shall just sit and read the posts as if I was involved! :D

Either way, this is a great idea! <3
“Look at that moon. Potato weather for sure.”
Thornton Wilder, Our Town

Ley
She/Her
Potato Enthusiast

Reviews: 3
Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:37 pm
View Likes
JazzElectrobass says...

I will create a character when I get the chance!
I am the Timekeeper, Quote Hunter, and Grave Visitor

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon." — Paul Brandt

Jazz Elektrobass

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:22 pm
View Likes
Coffeewriter says...

I am so confused there is so much on the website! What is this? :o
“And just like the moon, we must go though phases of emptiness to feel full again.”

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:25 pm
View Likes
APoltergeist says...

I'll make a character when I can for this, I love the concept!

@Coffeewriter , this is a RP (roleplay), basically a story but written by many people, all with unique characters. It's very fun.
Now Playing:
unwanted by camylio
1:23 ━━━━●───── 2:28
ㅤ ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ

34 Reviews

Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:57 pm
View Likes
Coffeewriter says...

Thank you(once again)!
Last edited by Coffeewriter on Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
“And just like the moon, we must go though phases of emptiness to feel full again.”

245 Reviews

Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:53 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

@Coffeewriter Pol got that exactly right! If you’d like more information, Omni’s The Ultimate Guide to Roleplays is a great resource :D
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

245 Reviews

Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:06 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Here’s my character! ^-^ Also, is it alright if we add our characters to the right side of the RP as well to make looking at each profile easier?

Spoiler! :
Name: Ilytra ("Illy") Sandstone
Birthday: November 10
Appearance: Short dark hair, intense eyes, a few inches above average height. Default expression is a scowl, which is a sharp contrast to her generally pastel-colored clothing.
Personality: Seems prickly, but is actually sweet with a side of scary. For example, if someone hurts one of her friends, she will comfort her friend thoroughly and then threaten to pour boiling coffee on the person who hurt them.
History: Illy took on a lot of odd jobs while growing up to help support her family.
Profession: Works at a coffee shop in the morning, goes to night school to study architecture.
Strengths: Knows a lot of creative ways to torture people. I mean, what? Ahem. Illy is talented at various tasks, including latte art, dishwashing, drawing, cooking, cleaning, and hiding from angry customers.
Weaknesses: Not so great at dealing with customers, or strangers in general. Doesn't have a lot of self-confidence. Illy refuses to accept compliments and is also a people pleaser who takes on one too many extra shifts on behalf of her coworkers. As a result, she's often tired.
Romance: sure; lesbian
Extra: Her guilty pleasure is her earrings, which change every day. She probably has fifty pairs right now.
mint, she/her

=D

34 Reviews

Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:44 pm
View Likes
Coffeewriter says...

Thank you @Spearmint!

12 Reviews

Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:08 am
View Likes
AJW says...

I am so sorry I am only replying just now.. I had a concert last night and I am swamped with work.

But I am going to try to answer all of your questions at once here.

1. Spearmint and anyone else. If you have created a character then yes, you can go ahead and add it to the right side of the RP. You don't have to wait for my approval for it.

2. Zyria, the point of this story is that the characters used to be human. But then the characters eventually go to this "dream realm" where they are trapped in a different form. That form doesn't have to be human-like. But if you want it to be then you can. I want you all to make your characters however you wish!

Sidenotes...

1. To everyone who is planning on making a character not at this moment but sometime later then that is perfectly fine. This RP says it will be "Accepting" but I will never be taking that down. I want people to be able to join this story at any point in time. So for people who are often swamped with work like myself, then please do not stress about this RP and having to reply so often. Take care of yourself first always. We will catch you up when you return.

2. If anyone would like to start with their own part of the story then they may. I am currently very busy and slightly stressed at the moment (wow that seems like something to write about later). I am a musician so I have a lot I need to do outside of my classes as well. I just performed at a concert yesterday which is why I am replying so late.

3. Yes, I am the owner of this RP. But I am very "loosely controlling" it. I am letting whoever is rping control the plot-line, so anyone can create a very big part of the story if they wished. I am very curious to see how this goes.

4. I am very glad so many of you like the idea of this story. I am always open to ideas to adding to this story for any major or minor plot points. So please, don't let me be the reason you want to wait to write something on here. Go ahead and have fun!

I didn't know I could write so much so quickly...

12 Reviews

Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:01 pm
View Likes
AJW says...

_ (16).jpeg

Name: Enzo Valentino

Birthday: March 16th

Personality: Enzo is a very humorous fellow. Seeing as though it is their job to entertain the people around them. Enzo is very restless, always needing to be doing something of importance. They are usually very charismatic. But oftentimes they can also be very serious.

History: When Enzo was a human, they spent their entire life trying to please the people around them. They tried to be smart, tried, to learn an instrument, learn how to juggle, and all these little things. Yet, it was never enough. No matter what Enzo did, they were never satisfied. One day, Enzo woke up in this dream realm in a completely new form. The form of something they would grow to hate.

Profession: Enzo is a Jester/Clown often serving the royal family. But also entertaining others in shows and, or clubs.

Strengths: From his years of practice and dedication before his arrival in this realm.. Enzo has become a really great performer. The royal family often brings him on missions. A performer is a great distraction. Great as bait.

Weaknesses: On one of the missions with the royal family, Enzo was taken and tortured. Enzo was quite near death when the royals found his body. They had to replace his limbs with metal arms and legs.

Romance: Pansexual, though he doesn't purposely search for anyone. He just is patiently waiting for the right one. Or so he says..

Extra: Enzo's meeting with the Oracle was not a sight anyone had wanted to see. Nobody had ever seen anyone so angry before. When anyone bothered to ask him about it, he would immediately grow silent and walk away. It seems as if he wants to reject what the Oracle has told him.

The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices; to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicions can destroy. A thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own.
— Rod Serling, Twilight Zone