z

Young Writers Society

Camp Half-Blood: Legacies [OOC]

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:15 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

No problem, lux! Hope those plans go well :] (You're also totally welcome to join later if you find that you have time - your character can pop up along the way!) <3
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

245 Reviews

Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:06 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

The first post is up!!

Feel free to start posting, everyone. :D You can add your character's shenanigans during the Capture the Flag, their reactions to hearing Cassandra say their name, etc. Let Leya or me know if you have questions! Looking forward to all your posts <3
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:13 am
View Likes
Ley says...

Here are the teams for Capture the Flag! Randomized by AI, of course!

Team Annabeth

Annabeth
Reagan
@keystrings
Xavier

Team Percy
Percy
Caius
Marina
Rowan
Clarisse

Keep this in mind while writing your post :D
“Look at that moon. Potato weather for sure.”
Thornton Wilder, Our Town

Ley
She/Her
Potato Enthusiast

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:31 am
View Likes
keystrings says...

Sorry for the wait on my end! Had to restart the profile cause I got an error the first time but I have sent in Ele(ssia).
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

82 Reviews

Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:57 pm
View Likes
Ley says...

I love her! @keystrings I think she's the youngest of the group! Percy and Annabeth will be super protective of her Xd

Ley
She/Her
Potato Enthusiast

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:32 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

I figured I could toss in the youngest character to mix the dynamics a little xD @Leya Also loved the first post!
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:50 pm
View Likes
herbalhour says...

hmmm is xavier too gay

spotify
NOW PLAYING:
I Think He Knows, Taylor Swift
0:10 ──●───────── 2:55
◁∥ ||PLAY|| // STOP // ∥▷

~l o v e r~

herb/tea/hour! He/She

projects:
5 acts (poetry)
treading through abyss (novel)

82 Reviews

Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:08 pm
View Likes
Ley says...

I think he's perfect just the way he is, @teatiime <3

Also, thank you key! @Spearmint and I spent all day yesterday on it. :D

Ley
She/Her
Potato Enthusiast

82 Reviews

Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:02 pm
View Likes
Ley says...

How is everybody's first post going? :D

Ley
She/Her
Potato Enthusiast

245 Reviews

Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:47 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

I’m gonna start today afternoon/evening, if you wanna hop in a pad and collab! :D I’ll probably join any pad that’s active and tag you when I start :P
mint, she/her

=D

82 Reviews

Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:49 pm
View Likes
Ley says...

Sounds good! Just let me know :)

Ley
She/Her
Potato Enthusiast

245 Reviews

Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:56 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

@Leya i'm hijacking this pad haha: https://ailahevelynmae.writerfeedpad.com/15
everyone else - feel free to join as well! ^-^
edit: actually, the way this post is going right now, anyone can collab xD i kinda just fast-forwarded through Leya's post... right now, Kai's just heard his name being called. does anyone wanna talk with them as the campers are dismissed? :3
double edit: okay we wrote a bit more and we're moving the plot along so they're going to start the quest soon~ but we'd really like everyone to be able to collab because this is like a conversation...

here's what i have so far:
Spoiler! :
I could win the lottery if I wanted. Granted, it would take an enormous amount of luck, but I could. It would make things a lot easier-- Eomma [note: Korean for "mom"] could stop worrying about money and cursing the gods every day, I could quit my job at MythicBoba and finally stop smelling like tapioca pearls at school, and we could live in comfort as long as we ignored the monsters that occasionally leapt out from alleyways, throwing banana peels and trying to kill me.

But. That's just wishful thinking. I know winning the lottery won't magically solve all our problems. Magic might be real, but magic cures are scams. Eomma would probably still curse my dad (Caerus, the god of opportunities), and being a demigod means a life of comfort is likely out of the question. Besides, I'd rather save my luck for a life-or-death situation.

No matter how satisfying it would be to spend a little luck to make Clarisse trip over her feet just once. I suppressed the urge to trip the daughter of Ares as she harrassed Marina and I. I'd find a way to get back at her later.

When Mr. D arrived and beckoned us to the Big House, I immediately started thinking of ways to find opportunities in this situation. Big crises are often opportunities for profit, and if there was a way to earn money without having to spend my luck, I was definitely paying attention.

I analyzed the prophecy as Mr. D recited it. Strife, the sea, luck, sunshine... I figured strife meant Ares, or some other minor god of conflict, perhaps. The sea was probably Poseidon, and luck? Well, there was a cabin for Tyche, but as far as I knew, I was the only one who could be said to own their luck in life. I bit my lip.

When Cassandra said my name, I stiffened. I'd suspected it'd be me, but to hear it confirmed... Well. This would be my first time going on a quest.

As I walked to cabin nineteen, I started planning.

Meadows so wide,
Grass so green.
You will travel to a city
Where the buildings all lean.

Nature, plus a city where the buildings lean? Well, perhaps there'd be an opportunity to earn money in the city? If I could pick up some artifact or something along the way, I could pawn it, perhaps...

Lost in my thoughts, I packed a backpack neatly, with my clothes rolled up to save space and to prevent them from wrinkling. I added some ambrosia and nectar, as well as pens and paper (you never knew when you might have to draw a battle plan), and I collapsed my bow and quiver into earrings. Caerus had seen fit to leave those on our doorstep when I was ten, which just made my mother curse him harder, saying a life of battle was no life for a child. Well. Guess what I ended up doing anyways? Yep. Battling my way to Camp Half-Blood when the monsters started coming after me at thirteen.

Finally, I slung my backpack over my shoulder and exited the cabin, waving goodbye to my cabinmates. Most of them were the children of Tyche, but since Caerus and Tyche had similar domains, I'd been put into cabin nineteen.

There was a small group of campers gathered near the road that passed by camp already. I nodded to Marina. I didn't have many friends at camp, but I suppose I'd consider Marina a friendly acquaintance.

"Where do you think we'll go first?" I asked.

Annabeth looked down at her phone, and then glanced up to speak, "If we're going based on the Oracle's propehcy, I'd say somewhere with tall buildings. Whats the first place that comes to mind?"

"The Big Apple." New York City was where I'd lived for most of my life. It had everything, including sewers and bad smells, but eh, apparently that was a fair trade for living in The City™.

"Bingo," Annabeth winked at me, "And, remember Mr. D said that we need Aphrodite's pendant before we do anything, so my guess is that's where we'll find it."

"Got it."

Marina chuckled lightly, "Aphrodite in New York? I wouldn't dream in a million years that the goddess of beauty would have any buisness in that crap-hole."
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:12 pm
View Likes
herbalhour says...

the unsettling feeling of not knowing hoe ro i troduce xavier

spotify
NOW PLAYING:

~l o v e r~

herb/tea/hour! He/She

projects:
5 acts (poetry)

245 Reviews

Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:12 am
Spearmint says...

xavier can appear in an explosion of friendship bracelets and sour patch kids >.>
jk =P
you can start Xavier’s post from any time, like the capture the flag game, or his reaction to hearing his name. or you could have them just enter the current conversation!
i’ll probably be hanging out in a pad tomorrow afternoon (PST) if people want to collab on a post then?
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:45 am
View Likes
herbalhour says...

sure! (xavier just appears making eras tour friendship braclets like the gremlin he is) im in est, what time for you works?

spotify
NOW PLAYING:

~l o v e r~

herb/tea/hour! He/She

projects:
5 acts (poetry)

Morning without you is a dwindled dawn.
— Emily Dickenson