z

Young Writers Society

Wanderlust OOC

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:41 pm
View Likes
KocoCoko says...

Welcome to the Wanderlust OOC! This will be the general post for worldbuilding and lore. It'll be updated as time goes on, as there are a few things that'll be more developed as the story progresses. (This primarily is talking about factions and a few rulers)

Map:
Spoiler! :
Screenshot_20230811_225549_Gallery.jpg

The Gods:
Spoiler! :
Pencerahan the Enlightened: Father of the spirits, nymphs, and fae. Father of Eazeina and brother of Vita–Anima. Kind-hearted and willing to share his enlightenment, though pursuit of the knowledge the gods know leads them to insanity. He is very condescending to humans because of their limited knowledge. He has thousands of cathedrals. Humans depict him as a kindly middle-aged man in robes, glasses, and always holding a book.

Eazeina the Keeper: Daughter of Pencerahan. Records all his knowledge for him. Cold, unfeeling, and methodical. She has no churches. Libraries are considered her place of worship. She is depicted the same age as her father, though she wears a nobleman’s outfit and a monocle. She is not popular among older, traditional men in Terith.

Inexorabilis the Relentless - Older sister of Obstinatiolis. Stubborn and willing to do anything to achieve her goal, no matter who must be hurt or put down. Is in a constant war with her little brother over the heavens (aka the sky). Many soldiers worship her and pray to her before battle. Humans depict her as a young maid wielding a claymore with long black hair in golden armor and a halo. She holds domain over/is the moon and night, and the stars (fae that have yet to fall) referred to and treated as her wives.

Simul the Harmony - One of the Vita-Anima's ascended children. Clueless and happy. Loves music and promotes peace. He has many churches all throughout Terith. Humans depict him as a bard holding a harp and birds surrounding him.

Kaotix the Chaos - Husband of Vita-Anima. Creates disorder, chaos, war, and death for his beloved wife to keep her interested in her creations and allowing her to create more life. Devoted, careless, and a prankster. He only has 3~5 churches throughout the land. Humans depict him as a burly man with his head cut off, dancing like a jester.

Bescitin the Heartless - One of the Vita-Anima's ascended children, Untila's twin brother. All cruelty and apathy in the world comes from him. There is no love left in his heart. Many animal spirits (specifically predators) worship him. His name is a curse/swear. Humans depict him as a scarred old man in rags.

Untilia the Jubilant - One of the Vita-Anima's ascended children. Bescitin’s twin sister. All joy and manic emotion in the world comes from her. She loves life and all it has to offer. Many nymphs and fae worship her. She has many, many cathedrals to her name. Humans depict her as a ten year old girl with flowing blonde hair, a white cotten dress, and a blindfold around her eyes, shutting out the horrors around her. 

Imperou the Conquering - One of the Vita-Anima's ascended children. Patron God of rulers and empires. Praying to her is seen as a sign of patriotism to one’s country and good fortune for the king/queen. Humans depict her as an older woman in decorated armor.

Vita-Anima the Creation (also refered to as "the Mother") - Wife of Kaotix, Sister of Pencerahan, mother of all humans and those who ascended in the ancient era. All humans are considered her children. She has lost much love for her creations after learning they would never love her back in the same way. Patron Goddess of marriage and birth. Many expecting parents pray to her for healthy children born in a good month. She has the most churches in all of Terith as all marriages are carried out in her name. Humans depict her as a young woman with a pregnant stomach and delicate, melancholy features.

Besko the Isolated - One of Vita-Anima’s many ascended children. Patron God of orphans and outcasts. He has no churches or cathedrals to his name, but orphanages often hold services in his name. Humans depict him as a young boy with sullen eyes who roams city streets in moonlight.

Obstinatiolis the Determined - Younger brother of Inexorabilis. Seen as more understanding and courageous than his older sister. Many knights and paladins worship him and pray to him before battle. Is in a constant war for the heavens with his older sister (aka the sky). Humans depict him as a teenage boy in silver armor and a halo. He holds domain over/is the sun and daylight, the clouds (sky nymphs) called his husbands.

Martelin the Decrepit - One of Vita-Anima’s many ascended children. Patron God of nurses, doctors, and the sick and injured. Many who were born/become disabled worship him. Many also curse him for being the reason they become ill or wounded.. He has no churches, but clinics and hospitals are considered his place of worship. Humans depict him as a happy young man missing a leg and seated in a wheelchair.

Wanderust the Wandering - The youngest of any God, and the only one to be born after the ancient era. Nobody knows who they are, their purpose, or their relations to the other gods. Even the gods themselves are confused or threatened by its existence. Many are hopeful, and many are terrified over the idea that a new God could be born so recently and suddenly.

Fae, Nymphs, and Spirits:
Spoiler! :
Fae, Nymphs, and Spirits are remnants of the Gods' powers, all of which are immortal and do not adhere to the system of souls because of this. They are soulless beings.

Nymphs: Nymphs take care for the forests and barely interact with humans, only appearing if called upon or threatened. They take the form of the average adult, usually nude as they have very little concept of human cultures)

Fae: Very few will ever see one flickering in the night and they are thought to be stars who tripped and fell out of the sky. Most often used for fairytales. They hide among fireflys and like to live in dense populations, usually in flowers.

Spirits: Spirits are the most powerful and most human. They usually take the form of animals, but they also like to visit human societies and enjoy the pleasantries of towns and cities. Many people have encoutered a spirit and never realize it.

Kings, Queens, Emperors and Empresses:
Spoiler! :
Queen Valeria: Queen of the Kingdom of Rheinzel with Soul of the Decrepit. She walks with a limp and carries a cane most days. She is only respected for her status. Most consider her an unfit queen due to her Soul. She refuses to marry.

King Bukadunn: King of the Kingdom of Schober with Soul of the Jubilant. Young and hopelessly in love with Queen Valeria. Many considee him unfit and short-tempered.

Emporer Agavens: Emporer of the Rocumenian Empire with Soul of Harmony. An old and friendly man, all things considered. He has no heir and is desperately searching orphanages for a young boy who is fit before the nobles decide to overthrow him.

King and Queen Caniara: Rulers of Levidel. Queen Canaria is the real mastermind behind it all. She is pushing for a war with the Gatlon Empire and many believe she is trying to poison her husband. Her Soul of the Heartless and cold nature towards the people doesn't help her case.

Empress Gatlon: Empress of the Gatlon Empire with Soul of the Relentless. She's young and full of attitude, men say. She was the first ruler to allow women into the workforce, and other countries have followed after her. Slave traders know to avoid the Gatlon Empire as she's recently started a full-on manhunt for traders and their executions are... brutal, to the least. She has many enemies because of this, and many want her head.

Emporer Hariot: Emporer of the Labian Empire with Soul of the Determined. Currently discussing a peace treaty with the King of Hosaria. After a revolution lead by young progressives wanting better work enviroments and additional rights for women and children, a part of the Empire broke off to form Hosaria. He is not pleased with this and is considered hot-headed after his defeat.

Factions:
Spoiler! :
to be added

Towns, Villages, and Cities:
Spoiler! :
Cambrid: Captial in the Kingdom of Schober. Known for it's fine wine and chocolates.

Calia: Fishing town in the Kingdom of Sulzheimia. A large town along the river that generates great wealth for Sulzheimia.

Norteria: Capital of the Rocumian Empire. Known as the Captial of Fashion.

Hyria: Captial of the Labian Empire. The king and nobles live on the mountain while the commonfolk live on the valley beneath.

Ares: Large port city in Leidival. Called the City of Merchants. Lots of crime and under the table busniess happens here.

Westlio: Captial of the Gatlon Empire. Called the City that never sleeps because of it's glitz, glamor, and wealthy society (while most of the Gatlon Empire is poorer than dirt).

Kenia: Captial of Hosaria. Known for frequent floods, but otherwise highly regarded.

Lanten Citadel: Home of many priest and priestesses. Considered the Holy City and where the Gods once lived.

Mobosz: Captial of the Kingdom of Waylin. Known for it's strong ales, pretty maidens, and strong men. It's best you don't wander through at night, especially down by the Avenue of Pubs.

Owensaug: Capital of the Kingdom of Rheinzel. Many warriors come here for the legal fighting rings and it's people are considered powerful and cruel. Slave trade for bloodsport is not uncommon here.
Last edited by KocoCoko on Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:36 am, edited 5 times in total.
they/she or she/they

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:54 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

Just wanted to pop in and say that I love how much thought you have put into the world and lore! :)
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

28 Reviews

Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:58 pm
View Likes
KocoCoko says...

Thank you! I've been planning this one for almost a month haha
they/she or she/they

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:43 am
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

This is so awesome! I have no idea which month yet, but I would loveeee a spot pretty-please :]
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:52 am
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

Not joining, just popping in to say that this storybook is really cool! You must have put so much effort into this, and I think that it is worth it. There are so many details, the idea itself is really interesting! I’m really impressed. But that’s all I have to say. Happy storybooking!
The problem with quotes found on the internet is that they are often not true.
- Abraham Lincoln

LuminescentAnt ~ Lum ~ Ant
(she/her)

28 Reviews

Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:33 am
View Likes
KocoCoko says...

@winterwolf0100 that's fine! a spot is saved :)

@LuminescentAnt thank you! it means a lot
they/she or she/they

Random avatar

Reviews: 52
Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:53 am
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

Ummm so...

I know I say this about almost all your roleplays and you're probably getting tired of me...

But can I join? I'd like a spot with the Jubilant Soul, if that's okay with you :)

28 Reviews

Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:07 am
View Likes
KocoCoko says...

@Ari11 Aw no don't think that! I consider you a friend so it's nice to see you haha. Spot saved!
they/she or she/they

Random avatar

Reviews: 52
Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:09 am
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

Thank you so much! I shall begin crafting my character!

*evil writer noises*

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:34 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Hmm.... *is very tempted to join* >.>
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

28 Reviews

Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:08 am
View Likes
KocoCoko says...

@Spearmint *evil laughter* give into the temptation. become one with the darkside >:)
they/she or she/they

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:10 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

XD May I claim the Soul of Harmony, then? I'd like to make an awful singer/musician who manages to find harmony through food or something instead =P
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

28 Reviews

Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:19 pm
View Likes
KocoCoko says...

@Spearmint Of course!
they/she or she/they

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:54 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

I am interested but I'll need to read through everything before I join ^^ just posting it here yeet
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:30 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

I truly like this idea so much!! Am very interested in joining but I don't know if I have the time xD I think I would choose Soul of the Relentless since March is my birth month aha :p
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
— Groucho Marx