Young Writers Society

Escape the Experiment {OOC}

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:12 pm
View Likes
clarevelyn13 says...

:arrow: Escape the Experiment

@soundofmind hello again! I copied and pasted some of the planning stuff already written out so we wouldn't have to flip back and forth.

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o
Basically, this takes place in a high-security, top-secret, scientific laboratory institution out in the middle of nowhere, USA. In this facility, hundreds of experiments are being conducted at the hands of quite immoral scientists, many of which are done on humans. Think anything from humans genetically altered to have wings, gills, claws, or even things like superspeed, super strength, the ability to make fire, etc. (This was sorta inspired by James Patterson's Maximum Ride books I read YEARS ago.)

We will play two of these "human experiments" who are trying to escape the facility - however, there are many obstacles along the way including genetically-enforced, armed security forces, sensitive alarm systems, and the awful scientists themselves complete with stark white lab coats to match the stark white hallways.

I was picturing them as adolescents/teens, or at least not too much older than that. Tell me what you think!

At the moment I am thinking of doing a 18ish y.o. called Miles (he has an experiment number too, but I'm thinking he's tried escaping in the past without luck, and one of the guards or something started calling him Miles because of how far he ran trying to get away). I'm not quite sure about what I will make his "mutation" yet though... I am between him having the wings of a bird or something else like super strength or a retractable blade in his hand (don't wanna copy Wolverine tho haha). I'm also thinking he'll be a bit of a flirt/cocky/arrogant but he'll have to have a bit of a character arc to get out. Basically learn that he can't just muscle his way out with anger, he's gotta think.

Possible female character?
o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

**Just had a thought that we could include romance between the two of them...only if you want to though!
**I was also thinking the two of us could roleplay action/dialogue of various guards/scientists/other experiments here and there as needed for the plot, if that's cool with you?

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:16 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

OK OK sorry I’m getting to this a little late, I’ve been trying to brainstorm and stuff. I’m leaning more towards a brother/sister dynamic because I’m wanting to make my gal 16 or so years old. As far as her powers go, I’m considering either telekenesis or some kind of mind control type thing (on a small scale). Personality-wise, I think she’s definitely more introverted. Right now she’s giving me overthinking and anxious vibes, but she’s also someone who intensely observes everything and is high alert all the time. I feel like maybe she hasn’t tried to escape before because she grew up in the facility and doesn’t know anything different, but maybe she hits a breaking point?

Like maybe during an experiment/test there’s an accident that sheds light on the reality of her situation, and it causes like a domino effect of “oh no. I gotta get out of here.”

I’m just brainstorming lol.

And yes, we can totally roleplay action/dialogue with other characters (scientists, guards, etc) as well! And if we ever want to write a post together we could do it in a writerfeedpad (or a different writers pad) if you’re cool with that! And we could do plotting live there too!
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:20 pm
soundofmind says...

Also I drew a lil doodle of what I think she might look like! Haven’t landed a design 100% just yet tho.

Spoiler! :
59E33A36-DE50-460D-A3F5-C2421A1D7E91.jpeg

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:47 am
soundofmind says...

just poking cuz haven’t heard fromu in a min! @clarevelyn13

Inspiration usually comes during work, rather than before it.
— Madeleine L'Engle, Author